Author Topic: The New Mustang!  (Read 484 times)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
The New Mustang!
« on: January 22, 2003, 03:42:23 AM »

The Big Bad Ass

Re:The New Mustang!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 05:05:30 AM »
Props man. Looks nice.

Lost Titan

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Titans ruled the cosmos before the Olympians.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 06:28:43 AM »
How Much
The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthrew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 07:10:28 AM »
Oh Boyyyyyyyyyyyy

that new Mustang looks phat! ;D

__kaLipZo__

• Apocalypstic Immortal
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2003, 07:41:52 AM »
looks aight, id like to see it more than red or grey, maybe blue or black will look tight, whats the specs and retail cost, date coming out and all?
Battle Record: 20 - 3
14 KO's

Febuary's Battle Mc Of The Month.
March's Wordplay Mc
March's Best Punchline Mc

bez

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2003, 09:30:50 AM »
oh my godm that car is the shit.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 06:54:12 PM »
i'm gettng the new GT as soon as it comes out!

here's some more info on the new power ponie

The Mustang GT concepts unveiled during Press Preview Days at the NAIAS 2003 pay tribute to classic Mustang designs of the past, while providing a strong indication of the direction of the next-generation Mustang set to debut in 2004.

The Mustang GT coupe and convertible are both two-seat sports cars. The coupe, finished in Tungsten Silver Metallic, draws upon the fastback styling of classic 1967 and 1968 Mustangs, while the full glass roof quickly identifies it as a modern car.

The Redline Red Metallic Mustang GT convertible displays early Shelby Mustang styling cues with a “show bar” behind the seats. Both concepts include full-width taillights with sequential lighting.

Bill Ford, chairman of the board and CEO, pointed out the challenge Ford Motor Company faced in creating a new Mustang: “Designing the next generation of an automotive icon is not easy,” Ford said.

But J Mays, Ford’s vice president of design, underscored his confidence in the Mustang GT concepts by telling the assembled media: “Anybody can design a sporty car, but only Ford can design a Mustang.”

Signature Mustang design elements include a long hood, short decklid, a forward-tilted grille, C-shaped side scoops, three element taillights and a galloping pony in the center of the grille.

Under the hood, the Mustang GT concepts feature totally modern technology, with power coming from a 4.6-liter V8 with aluminum heads, a belt-driven supercharger, and a liquid-to-air intercooler that produces 400 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque. The coupe has a 6-speed manual transmission to the convertible’s 5-speed automatic. Both cars use split five-spoke 20-inch wheels and 13.8-inch Brembo brakes.

The interior of the Mustang GT concept features extensive use of billet aluminum, with the seats covered in red leather and the dash in charcoal leather. The seats are thin, racing-type shells with four-point seat belts.

The steering wheel again pays homage to the 1967 Mustang with a three-spoke design and a center hub with a precision typeface GT logo.

The instrument cluster draws on early Mustang designs and features large round bezels for the speedometer and tachometer, with smaller gauges lower and to the right. The center stack includes a supercharger boost gauge.

the pics....

The Mustang GT coupe, finished in Tungsten Silver Metallic, draws upon the fastback styling of 1967 and 1968 Mustangs, while the full glass roof quickly identifies it as a modern car.

The Redline Red Metallic Mustang GT convertible draws on early Shelby Mustang styling cues.

The steering wheel recalls Mustangs past with its three-spoke design and center hub.

A crowd swarms around the Mustang GT concept for a closer look at what to expect in the next-generation Mustang.

Both Mustang GT concepts include full-width taillights with sequential lighting, as seen on early Shelby Mustangs.

Under the hood of the Mustang GT is a 4.6-liter V8 with aluminum heads, a belt-driven supercharger, and a liquid-to-air intercooler that produces 400 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque. (if the GT, gets 400 horse now....i can't wait to see the cobras/saleens/roush's which usually produce 40% more horse  :o )

« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 06:57:04 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 07:11:51 PM »
^^ Damn, thanks for the read Jake.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2003, 05:45:29 AM »

Immortal

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2003, 11:33:33 AM »
the cobra is the finest though, the others are all just below 300 hp

the cobra version has 400
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Immortal

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2003, 11:41:47 AM »
this has to be the 1st american car that i love
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 11:42:18 AM by Immortal Tech aka Apocalypse »

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2003, 11:33:41 PM »
I got a 98 right now, but damn :o :o :o those new ones look bad ass, especially the convertible, i will definitely be getting a convertible in the future no doubt

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2003, 01:29:34 AM »

actually the bigger saleen mustangs produce 500 and 800 horse power
and the roush mustang can out gun a showroom cobra...maybe your thinking about the cobra r's

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

KVB

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2003, 03:19:29 AM »
Oh Boyyyyyyyyyyyy

that new Mustang looks phat! ;D

Immortal

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2003, 10:17:22 AM »

actually the bigger saleen mustangs produce 500 and 800 horse power
and the roush mustang can out gun a showroom cobra...maybe your thinking about the cobra r's

imposssible, thats only if you put all that nitrous oxide and turbo shit....like that i can get a car made for a 1000 horsepower by some dude i know in california...im basically talking about the horsepower in the stock models

Also, i was only reffering to the 2004 model lineup.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2003, 12:11:09 PM by Immortal Tech aka Apocalypse »