Author Topic: The New Mustang!  (Read 487 times)

Immortal

Re:The New Mustang!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2003, 11:32:51 AM »
here are more pictures

"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Immortal

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2003, 11:50:34 AM »
Also, they published a review of the upcoming 2004 mustang model in 'car and driver' mag that im subscribed to. This was from the march 03 edition.

It says:
The base Mustang will continue to be a V6--"about 200 horsepower"- but probably not the current 3.8 liter pushrod motor. What of the V-8? Our spies suggest it won't be the current 260-hp, 4.6 liter SOHC V-8. More likely it will bne a variation of the 300-hp, 24 valve V-8 from Ford's truck group.

"What you're going to see is an engine you've seen before," Marten says, "but maybe in a different Ford product. And I guarantee you will not be dissappointed.

We expect a high output V-8--at least 400 horsepower--as well as an independent rear suspension on the next SVT Cobra, due within a year or so of the new Mustang.

Expect this one to come out in showrooms before late spring 2004.
So my point is that the Cobra version is the only one that will have 400 hp, the rest are expected to have 260 and less.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2003, 01:18:52 PM by Immortal Tech aka Apocalypse »

Immortal

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2003, 12:01:33 PM »
i'm gettng the new GT as soon as it comes out!

here's some more info on the new power ponie

Under the hood of the Mustang GT is a 4.6-liter V8 with aluminum heads, a belt-driven supercharger, and a liquid-to-air intercooler that produces 400 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque. (if the GT, gets 400 horse now....i can't wait to see the cobras/saleens/roush's which usually produce 40% more horse  :o )

i want to clarify that once again 8)

This is from a British car mag called 'CAR'

i love the mag, THIS IS WHAT IS SAYS BOUT THE MUSTANG:

Top-of-the-range Cobra versions will be powered by a 400bhp supercharged version of Ford's 4.6-litre V8, driving through a six speed manual gearbox. There will also be a 280 bhp naturally aspirated V8 version-to be called GT- and a 215 bhp 3.0-litre V6. Pricing is expected to start at about US$21,000 and stretch to about US$35,000.

Specs
FORD MUSTANG CONCEPT
Length: 4622mm HEight: 1290mm
Width: 1897mm Wheelbase:2722mm
Engine: 4601cc 32V supercharged V8, 400 hp , 390lb ft
Transmissions: 6-speed manual or 5speed auto
Brakes-Brembo 350 mm ventilated discs
Wheels 20-inch alloys

all these features on the top of the line models.
Wheels are 20 inch alloy.

i  think i deserve some props now :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2003, 01:22:46 PM by Immortal Tech aka Apocalypse »

platinumk777

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2003, 11:35:38 PM »
while providing a strong indication of the direction of the next-generation Mustang set to debut in 2004.

doesn't necessarily mean that this will be the official model

Immortal

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2003, 12:16:36 AM »
while providing a strong indication of the direction of the next-generation Mustang set to debut in 2004.

doesn't necessarily mean that this will be the official model

yea about 90% of this car will be same..just the interior ofcourse will be different...more like the nowaday interiors you see in the mustangs. But this is certainly a dope looking car. Props to Ford.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 12:17:10 AM by Immortal Tech aka Apocalypse »

DOC. da G.P.T...[METS][REX/MaB]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Jubai Kibagamai
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2003, 08:34:09 AM »
that's the new shelby GT350.... that and GT500 are my favourite cars.....and yah the new ones are sweet lookin...
MC Mass, rep.in' Great Persia and the T Dot Squad:

Docky
Prince Tech
till the day when skies turn black and red water covers the lake/
Great King Kourosh sleep well, cuz all of us IRANIANS are still awake/

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2003, 11:41:50 PM »
Saleen SR Mustang......Apaco ;)

SALEEN SR PROVIDES ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE

SR Blends High Performance With Race Technology

The SR from Saleen takes "street performance" to its ultimate.

With an energizing 505 horsepower from its 5.8 liter Saleen Centrifugal Supercharged V-8 engine and a Saleen Racecraft designed independent rear suspension, the SR takes curves with the same force as it does straightaways.

"We've used our racing experience on the track and adapted this technology in the engineering of the SR to create the ultimate street performance vehicle," said Steve Saleen, president and founder of Saleen Inc. "The SR goes from 0-60 mph 'very quickly' and hits a quarter mile speed 'very fast.'"

The 2002 SR is highlighted by Saleen's 5.8-liter Ford-based engine producing 505 hp and 500 lbs of torque mated to a Saleen six-speed transmission. A custom Saleen drive shaft leads to an IRS differential system at a gear ratio of 3.55:1. Braking is through 14.4" front rotors with four-piston calipers. Rear brakes are 13.0" metallic discs with four-piston calipers. Unibody construction features a complete roll cage and suspension reinforcement system. A refined Saleen Racecraft suspension includes independent uneven length double wishbones with Saleen N2 triple adjustable shocks and adjustable sway bars in the front and a Saleen-designed push-pull Independent rear suspension. The SR also includes power assisted rack and pinion steering. Additional features include race inspired seats and a white instrument gauge cluster with a 200 mph speedometer.

The Saleen SR boasts exterior aerodynamic refinements beyond the base complete body panels of the Saleen S281, including a specialty-designed composite hood, composite rear bodywork and underbody tunnel. The SR was wind-tunnel tuned at Lockheed-Martin's full-size tunnel in Marietta, Georgia. The SR comes standard with 18" wheels and Pirelli P-Zero tires. Every body part is unique to the Saleen SR, with the exception of the windows.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2003, 11:44:02 PM »
Eh, lookin good. I was never really a fan of the Mustang, but I like how they're bringin back the old skool flare.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE