Author Topic: O.F.T.B Interview 21/06/2011 (Shockya.com)  (Read 293 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: O.F.T.B Interview 21/06/2011 (Shockya.com)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »
What ever happened to Busstop?  It seems like only Flipside and Low M.B. are the ones who make appearances.

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:55:52 PM »
i think he left in late 97/ early 98. on tye flatbroke compaltion he was replaced by k1.

2euce 7even

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 05:19:48 AM »
What ever happened to Busstop?  It seems like only Flipside and Low M.B. are the ones who make appearances.
he got replaces by k1 (never heard of him) and i heard he´s a lawyer now (dont know if its true)

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 10:01:52 PM »
k1 was only on the flatbroke tracks.

2euce 7even

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 02:02:44 AM »
k1 was only on the flatbroke tracks.

thx 4 tha info.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »
I just remember Busstop because he was the one doing all the talking during that MTV documentary on Death Row from 1997 or 1998... I think they called it Live from Death Row or something like that.  Pretty solid... some of the footage was re-used on the Welcome to Death Row DVD, which you can tell because it was cropped to not show the MTV logo.

That aside, Busstop had some good quotables from it... from what I remember off the top of my head:

EDIT: I just re-watched the video on YouTube since work is slow right now.  Here are the things that Busstop said:

"I can't really recall and say, 'Oh, he hit him, he hit him, he hit him,' but I know I seen some asses get WHOOPED.  On the real.  I seen some motherfuckers get fucked up."

"Man, this street shit--this gang shit--gangbang violence come with gangbanging.  That's hand-in-hand.  If you see some shit... let's say you open the door and you see someone getting they assed whooped, and it's five or six niggas whooping they ass, this the lifestyle you don't lead, I like this shit.  I see a nigga getting his ass whooped, you gonna run in there and start whooping his ass with them.  You're gonna check his pockets, you're gonna do all that type of shit."

"I probably did--if I could recall--sock a few people in the eye and did some shit.  If I could recall.  But I can't recall."

"The image had to be upheld.  This is Death Row Records.  When you come here, you gots to have your chest out, your head up and your hammer cocked back."

"He hated on Bad Boy Entertainment.  Hated.  Basically any beef that was created, it was him hating.  Suge felt you had to ride.  That's how you get record sales, that's how we look like we bad."

"Dre didn't want to put up with what was going down.  You gotta realize, most of the new artists was the cream of the crop from the street.  You had artists in there, drinking all night, smoking, doing whatever, and ass-whoopings was going on.  Dre didn't want to be a part of that."

"Pac wanted to leave Death Row BAD.  Hated it.  But he knew, 'This was the hand that was feeding me, they got me out of trouble, I'm still going through this, I'm still going through that.  How can I do it?'"

"That Makaveli album--7 Day Theory--that was more or less a sacrifice album.  'I need to make Suge more money.  I don't even know how much I owe Suge... he say I do.  I need to make more money then I'm gonna start this Makaveli label.'"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:00:50 AM by DeeezNuuuts83 »

2euce 7even

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »
I just remember Busstop because he was the one doing all the talking during that MTV documentary on Death Row from 1997 or 1998... I think they called it Live from Death Row or something like that.  Pretty solid... some of the footage was re-used on the Welcome to Death Row DVD, which you can tell because it was cropped to not show the MTV logo.

That aside, Busstop had some good quotables from it... from what I remember off the top of my head:

EDIT: I just re-watched the video on YouTube since work is slow right now.  Here are the things that Busstop said:

"I can't really recall and say, 'Oh, he hit him, he hit him, he hit him,' but I know I seen some asses get WHOOPED.  On the real.  I seen some motherfuckers get fucked up."

"Man, this street shit--this gang shit--gangbang violence come with gangbanging.  That's hand-in-hand.  If you see some shit... let's say you open the door and you see someone getting they assed whooped, and it's five or six niggas whooping they ass, this the lifestyle you don't lead, I like this shit.  I see a nigga getting his ass whooped, you gonna run in there and start whooping his ass with them.  You're gonna check his pockets, you're gonna do all that type of shit."

"I probably did--if I could recall--sock a few people in the eye and did some shit.  If I could recall.  But I can't recall."

"The image had to be upheld.  This is Death Row Records.  When you come here, you gots to have your chest out, your head up and your hammer cocked back."

"He hated on Bad Boy Entertainment.  Hated.  Basically any beef that was created, it was him hating.  Suge felt you had to ride.  That's how you get record sales, that's how we look like we bad."

"Dre didn't want to put up with what was going down.  You gotta realize, most of the new artists was the cream of the crop from the street.  You had artists in there, drinking all night, smoking, doing whatever, and ass-whoopings was going on.  Dre didn't want to be a part of that."

"Pac wanted to leave Death Row BAD.  Hated it.  But he knew, 'This was the hand that was feeding me, they got me out of trouble, I'm still going through this, I'm still going through that.  How can I do it?'"

"That Makaveli album--7 Day Theory--that was more or less a sacrifice album.  'I need to make Suge more money.  I don't even know how much I owe Suge... he say I do.  I need to make more money then I'm gonna start this Makaveli label.'"

proped +1

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »
I'm just glad I found that documentary... I saw it once on YouTube years ago (maybe 2006 or 2007) but it got taken down and I couldn't find it, though whoever put it up just uploaded it not more than a month ago.  I had this on VHS (recorded from TV), but it's in a box somewhere in the closet of my room at my family's house 110 miles away from where I live now.  Plus I don't even have a VCR anymore haha.