Author Topic: Cole World sells 115,000 copies first day??  (Read 790 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Cole World sells 115,000 copies first day??
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
Still need to get this !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
^Where are you reading that?

I'm saying if Wayne or Jay can shit out a million records & everybody's response to it is, "Ahh, who cares? The music is trash. It doesn't deserve those numbers. Album sales don't mean anything." Then it applies to all, albums sales don't mean anything & have no correlation to the music being made.

I can agree that album sales has nothing to do with quality, but it's great when a dude does good numbers on his first album (even though Cole is on a major) and has no "platinum" single and no T-Pain/Akon/Kanye/Wayne feature.

kemizt

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »
Seems like the label let Cole take the direction he wanted for this album ( at least for the most part of it) ... these numbers could be a good argument for Cole to keep most of the control on the sound of his 2nd LP or the executives seeing his "selling" potential could force him to go more mainstream to move more units  ( which wouldn't automatically happened though) ...

HighEyeCue

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »
Khalifa and Lupe sold about the same amount first week and barely went gold with hit singles, props to Cole for doing it without one

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 07:10:13 PM »
Khalifa and Lupe sold about the same amount first week and barely went gold with hit singles, props to Cole for doing it without one
Networth but lupe stay pissing off his fans with his actions, and Cole has the title of the next great one, so he got alot of people buying his shit off of word of mouth, plus he had nerds sending keyboard threats to people who wanted to dl the album Yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 04:01:07 AM »
I couldn't give a fuck what it sells. And neither should any of you. Only people who should care about that is J.Cole and his record company. All I care about is if its good....and to be honest, its average at best and actually quite boring in parts. Which is exactly what I expected after over a year of trying to keep his hype fizzing.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 09:21:49 AM »
J. Cole can't hold down an album by himself. How many songs are there about girls? He's shown himself to be limited as fuck as a lyricist. They aren't bad songs, but the same shit over and over again gets old fast and makes nothing stand out.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 12:08:18 AM »
J. Cole can't hold down an album by himself. How many songs are there about girls? He's shown himself to be limited as fuck as a lyricist. They aren't bad songs, but the same shit over and over again gets old fast and makes nothing stand out.

he just held his own damn debut down by himself

kemizt

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 12:33:14 AM »

And it disappointed, hence why he can't hold down an album by himself. Duh?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 01:49:07 AM »

Yeah, well that's your opinion isn't it?

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 03:16:01 AM »

Church!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:37 AM »

No shit, just like every other post in this thread. Just like your own posts. If you single out my post to point that out, you're butthurt.

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 09:44:46 AM »
bought my copy today

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 09:52:34 AM »

No shit, just like every other post in this thread. Just like your own posts. If you single out my post to point that out, you're butthurt.

I'm not. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, can't force this album in somebody's ears. I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm just saying dude held his his own damn debut down; producing most of it himself and (not that I know anything about numbers) selling pretty good without a huge single and _loads_ of features.

kemizt

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »

I'm not. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, can't force this album in somebody's ears. I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm just saying dude held his his own damn debut down; producing most of it himself and (not that I know anything about numbers) selling pretty good without a huge single and _loads_ of features.

yeah well that's your opinion isn't it? lol face it you just want to debate this.

I'd rather he not have produced most of this album and gotten some more distinctive beats. I'd also rather he diversify his lyrical content. If you're a fan who's heard his other shit, this is gonna sound like another one of his mixtapes.