Author Topic: I'm going to be in New York for a few days, wanna check some hiphop hist.  (Read 4469 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: I'm going to be in New York for a few days, wanna check some hiphop hist.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »
Cham... so your one of those sheltered kids that thinks if you walk through the Bronx and try to talk to someone that they will rob you and beat you???????  LMAO!!!!

Look, I'm happy you guys have such a high opinion of yourselves, but I'm going to take a risk and assume that KRS-1 knows just a little bit more about hip-hop and New York than you guys do.  I know that's a huge risk considering how cool and knowledgeable you guys are... but I'm going to go with KRS's advice on this one
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 03:51:49 PM »
i fuckin hate white ppl like u infinit
Your raps all lazy, Jigga the Black Scorcese
What your album lacks is more Jay-Z

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »

this shit is mad gay son

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
Cham... so your one of those sheltered kids that thinks if you walk through the Bronx and try to talk to someone that they will rob you and beat you???????  LMAO!!!!

Look, I'm happy you guys have such a high opinion of yourselves, but I'm going to take a risk and assume that KRS-1 knows just a little bit more about hip-hop and New York than you guys do.  I know that's a huge risk considering how cool and knowledgeable you guys are... but I'm going to go with KRS's advice on this one

So since you like to ballwash him and take his word for gospel you agree that lil Wayne is the greatest rapper of all time?

Captain Lou

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »
Truth be told I think it's a waste of time, maybe because I'm in the city but whatever.  But to each his own.  But like cham said, some company does NYC hip hop tours I believe, if they're still in business.  Their really isn't much to visit in those neighborhoods, nothing really promotes or celebrates the history.  You may personally acknowledge history was made in so an so but that about it.  If personal acknowledgment is what your looking for, than by all means take it in.  But if you're expecting something more than that you're goin' be disappointed.  And dont be surprised if you aren't welcomed with warm arms.  You're not going to see many whites up in the South Bronx unless they're cops, junkies, or yuppies/hipsters but no one likes them lol.  Truth be told the cops might bust ya balls because they'll think you're buying dope.

Captain Lou

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 10:14:17 PM »

It's not that much of a long shot.  Do I think you're get robbed and beat down, probably not but to act like it's not a possibility will increase ya odds of getting robbed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 10:35:41 PM »
^Exactly what I meant. Brian just doesn't want to come to the reality of the situation.

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
that honkey act like he gone go to a world war 2 museum for hiphop

tha harlem world building where busy bees career got ended is torn down now
Your raps all lazy, Jigga the Black Scorcese
What your album lacks is more Jay-Z

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
I remember a while back I think grandmaster caz was doing a bus tour or some shit.  Doubt he's still doing it though.

And who gives a fuck what KRS One says?  He's not allah Brian.  Stop being a follower and think for yourself.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »
i arrive in Manhattan on thursday, from houston, hows the weather?

should i take a jacket with me? or is it fucking humid hot

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 10:05:49 PM »

And you're one of those sheltered kids who thinks the Bronx is like rap records from the 80s. You want to learn New York's hip hop history go talk to some older people. The 40 and 50-year-olds who were a part of that shit. Or go hang out with some Asian kids and they'll teach you all you want to know about how to be a b-boy.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, 11:24:03 PM »
i arrive in Manhattan on thursday, from houston, hows the weather?

should i take a jacket with me? or is it fucking humid hot
  :-X

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 11:27:45 PM »
Yo Tom, you know there's a big difference between the internet and real life, so why don't you put the "net beef" aside while I'm in New York so we can chill like we talked about doing way back when we used to be cool with each other.

Seriously, your an OG at the forum and we obviously don't like each other here at the forum, but the internet is one thing and real life is another.  We probably have more in common in real life.

And remember, we have a mutual connect through Siavash, Siavash hung with you in New York, and I've hung with Siavash in Cali.  So we can all vouch for each other.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:39:30 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »

And you're one of those sheltered kids who thinks the Bronx is like rap records from the 80s. You want to learn New York's hip hop history go talk to some older people. The 40 and 50-year-olds who were a part of that shit. Or go hang out with some Asian kids and they'll teach you all you want to know about how to be a b-boy.

I'm just wondering, do sheltered white kids from the midwest usually go to Hajj in Mekkah and Medina (Saudi Arabia) when they are only 20 years old, by themselves? 

Then after completing the full rites of Hajj, go off to the spend even more time in the Arab Gulf taking a bus through the Emirates and into the countryside of Oman by their fucking self?

Do sheltered kids usually go off to Africa at 25 years old by themselves and not knowing anyone there?  And end up spending months there and going back more and more?

Just wondering...

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 09:29:54 AM »
brian how can u afford to do all this stuff