Author Topic: Hip-Hop & Dubstep/Techno  (Read 566 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hip-Hop & Dubstep/Techno
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 08:29:55 PM »
Shit is knot, especially when done right.  It's wack when people do it just because it's popular. Do the shit cause you like that shit yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 10:51:42 PM »
All those "examples that worked" that you named are so dope. I hope more artists experiment with it.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 01:23:50 AM »
You can't put in a title "Dubstep/Techno". They bear no resemblance to each other. That's like putting "Rainfall/Couch" up there. Its nonsense.

Techno and Dubstep have nothing in common other than both can be very very vaguely shuffled into a vast array of completely different genres that come under the umbrella of 'electronic' music.

Haha for real, completely different sound and completely different BPM as well

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 07:27:08 AM »
whatever, it's electronic music that gets played in the club  :P

MistaNova

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »
Hmm I thought the parody version of house music that hip hop's using for instrumentals was trance music....

Trip Dee

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 07:41:06 AM »
You can't put in a title "Dubstep/Techno". They bear no resemblance to each other. That's like putting "Rainfall/Couch" up there. Its nonsense.

Techno and Dubstep have nothing in common other than both can be very very vaguely shuffled into a vast array of completely different genres that come under the umbrella of 'electronic' music.

this.

some dope hiphop/dubstep shit i recently found:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-zL_paDVTc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=pl_PL" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-zL_paDVTc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=pl_PL</a>

The Predator

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »
I am surprised Alchemist (who has been rolling with them for years) has not been able to deliver them the kind of gutter beats they need for an old style Mobb Deep LP. After all gutter beats is his specialty.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
whatever, it's electronic music that gets played in the club  :P
;D

I have to admit though, this Dubstep thing is growing on me for real.

kemizt

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 12:08:10 PM »
im willing to be $100 that everyone listening to dubstep is actually listening to brostep skirllex american wank

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »
im willing to be $100 that everyone listening to dubstep is actually listening to brostep skirllex american wank

This is true, but just because the dubstep that has became famous and mainstream isn't the dubstep that was created back in the early 2000s in London, it doesn't mean it isn't dubstep. But yeah, give me Burial or early Benga over Skrillex or DJ Fresh any day of the week.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 12:56:14 PM »
Needed Change - Skirllex <--- Dopeness. 8)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »
By the way, I wouldnt diss Skrillex entirely. The song 'Scatta' by him featuring Foreign Beggars, is one of my favourite dubstep tracks of all time. A lot of his songs sound the same though and some of the drops seem a bit over the top and not very well crafted.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 01:26:34 PM »

This is true, but just because the dubstep that has became famous and mainstream isn't the dubstep that was created back in the early 2000s in London, it doesn't mean it isn't dubstep. But yeah, give me Burial or early Benga over Skrillex or DJ Fresh any day of the week.

i guess you can still call it dubstep, despite the fact that it doesnt share the original ideas and sounds of the real stuff. the american market especifically has focused on making the stupidest sidechained drops to the point were the only thing that makes it recognisable as dubstep is the 2step beat (and even that will be replaced by a more listener friendly 4/4 soon enough)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »
this is the best dubstep comp that exists imo: http://www.souljazzrecords.co.uk/releases/?id=11766

this is real heavy dubs without stupid distorted drops:

pure dark dubstep, no bullshit. this is the kind of shit ill always come back to. dubstep as a genre is dead to me. all the real heads are listening to future garage/uk bass anyway. see you in 5 years meatheads

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 12:59:07 AM »