Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 293 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

What's going on?
« on: January 21, 2003, 01:31:09 PM »
I havent been on the board in a while, has anyone noticed this recently?

On sky news the other day the UN inspectors said they were making constructive progress in talks with the Iraqis and that war could be averted and there was strong hope of a peaceful resolution. Surely this is great news?

Why then is Mr Bush deploying a further 38,000 troops and saying peaceful methods are being exhausted? I am really starting to question his commitment to world peace, as he is starting to seem really desperate to attack Iraq. Surely a peaceful outcome would be just as beneficial to america?? At this point I dont think Bush will get the support of most other nations for what is becoming increasingly like a war on oil and revenge. Im all for ousting Saddam, just not killing thousands of innocent children in the process.
Peace
ITW
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Trauma-san

Re:What's going on?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 01:53:11 PM »
Maybe you didn't notice that the UK also sent troops to the area.  And maybe you didn't notice Iraq hiding chemical weapons and lying about their plans.  

Koncept

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 06:26:21 PM »
lol

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 07:17:01 PM »
ITW, i made a post about this recently

and trauma, the warheads found were empty....and they were apparentlyacquired in 86...chemicals only have a shelf life of 5 years,,,
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 08:20:09 PM »
^^^ That's not the problem.  The problem is Iraq said they had no weapons of mass destruction, and provided a document with everything they had on it.  These weren't listed.  

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 08:28:54 PM »
^^^ That's not the problem.  The problem is Iraq said they had no weapons of mass destruction, and provided a document with everything they had on it.  These weren't listed.  

Actually, they were listed.  They had an America military leader on CNN who participated in the last weapons inspections in Iraq.  He's an "expert" on the subject.  And he's read the new weapons reports.  He said the information was there, that this is not the "smoking gun" and went on an on about how he's been in the military and seen men die, and that this would be the most sorry excuse to send Americans to war.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 08:35:37 PM »
^^^ So you take 1 man's opinion (because it supports yours) over the stance of the entire U.N.?  I think i'll believe the u.n.'s thousands of members before I'll believe one nut who got fired years ago back looking for 15 minutes.  

You've got 1 man saying it was on the report, and the entire United Nations saying they weren't.  

infinite59

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 08:51:54 PM »
^^^ So you take 1 man's opinion (because it supports yours) over the stance of the entire U.N.?  I think i'll believe the u.n.'s thousands of members before I'll believe one nut who got fired years ago back looking for 15 minutes.  

You've got 1 man saying it was on the report, and the entire United Nations saying they weren't.  

I haven't seen what the United Nations has said.  Last I read, the US was still waiting for word back from the United Nations.  And it wasn't this man's opinion.  It was a fact.  He said he read the report, that they were listed in the report, and that they were old leftover warheads that were scattered about from as far back as the Gulf War; they were useless he said.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 09:06:18 PM »
Well, to be honest with ya, I'll concede that maybe that's true for the sake of argument (or for the sake of not arguing).  I really am not that concerned with what's going on in Iraq, I don't support them being over there, or the u.s.'s involvement, I think we should fix our problems at home before we worry about Iraq.  Of course there may be other countries we need to deal with, or smaller issues in Iraq we need to deal with, but I don't think we should be starting a war with them.  

infinite59

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 09:18:28 PM »
Well, to be honest with ya, I'll concede that maybe that's true for the sake of argument (or for the sake of not arguing).  I really am not that concerned with what's going on in Iraq, I don't support them being over there, or the u.s.'s involvement, I think we should fix our problems at home before we worry about Iraq.  Of course there may be other countries we need to deal with, or smaller issues in Iraq we need to deal with, but I don't think we should be starting a war with them.  

.....now.... if we can just get you to convert to Islam.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2003, 10:19:53 AM »
patience Infnite, patience

*rubs hands gleefully*

*evil laugh*
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Quakaveli

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2003, 10:33:28 AM »

.....now.... if we can just get you to convert to Islam.

INFINITE HU AKKBAARRRRR!!! ::)

AlAndalus aka Hispanic

• 'G'
  • Back To Al Andalus
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2003, 01:03:24 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if the Americans had put those nuclear weapons there. They are always up to something.

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2003, 01:42:43 PM »
Then move, LOL.