Author Topic: By The Way - Young Jeezy (Recession 2008) What's The Sample From?  (Read 101 times)

Gambler25

• Lil Geezy
Hey this been buggin me for years. I need to know what the sample is from from this song.  We all know the Recession 2008 of Young Jeezy was a pretty solid album.
   The background melody....Im pretty sure its sampled from somewhere and I dont know where its from....I searched my ass of on Google....production credits....Nada Nothing!......Any1 know perhaps?

Lil Sleazy

Re: By The Way - Young Jeezy (Recession 2008) What's The Sample From?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 01:57:59 PM »
Why do you think it's a sample?

I could be wrong but doesn't seem so to me. The same melody is being played with horn, organ and choir (synth) sounds...

Gambler25

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:06:40 PM »
I think so because it sounds so familiar to something perhaps produced in the 80's. I also heard it on some documentary on Discovery Channel.........Of course I could be wrong.....and it could be just a fresh new production...but I doubt it for some reason. Aint there any interview available where jeezy or producers discuss this whole album track by track and have mentioned any words on it?

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
the only jeezy threads we need around here is a release date for TM103..FUCK DEF JAM YO!!!

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »
the only jeezy threads we need around here is a release date for TM103..FUCK DEF JAM YO!!!