Author Topic: Jay-Z appreciation thread  (Read 560 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 02:18:01 PM »
Kingdom Come and American Gangster was meh to me, but I think he picked himself up on BP3.

BP2 was also low, some heaters though.

kemizt

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »
he gets a lot of hate on here for some reason. A true legend of the rap game, and a name that will forever for synonymous with G.O.A.T discussions. Personally I'd put him outside my top 5 but still, he's one of the best mainstream rappers ever.

He has had his fair share of poor albums and songs though, so his lack of consistency in that respect is why I place other names higher.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »
Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint & The Black Album are classic albums to me...

This. Reasonable Doubt, and then I'd take The Black Album slightly over The Blueprint. I'd say his discography is about the same consistency as Nas. He certainly has no albums as wack as Nastradamus.

Go back and listen to blueprint 2. The shit is laughably bad. Ether really did fuck up jay z, the proof was bp2. It was a complete mess. 2-3 good songs on a double album. Shit had no purpose, no cohesion at all. Just random songs. Jay z doing Austin powers impressions is not the business.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 05:16:02 PM »
dont we already have a thread just like this?

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »
Go back and listen to blueprint 2. The shit is laughably bad. Ether really did fuck up jay z, the proof was bp2. It was a complete mess. 2-3 good songs on a double album. Shit had no purpose, no cohesion at all. Just random songs. Jay z doing Austin powers impressions is not the business.
2-3 good tracks? There was like 11-12
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »
Lol no, their wasn't. Album was awful. Not only was it bad, but the album failed in every single way. It felt like a compilation. The singles were complete ass. His attempts at being deep just fell flat on their face. That dream song was comedy. Dudes trying to make a tribute song about his dead homey and just sucks himself off the whole song. Ballad of a dead soldier was forced and cheesey. Nigga please? What an appropriate title.Bonnie and clyde?!! Takes a classic pac song and turns it into a love song rappin about watching sex and city?!
That song with Sean Paul???? Jays soul was hurt after ether so he tried to force everything on this album. Hell the fucking title track was about nas lol.

Only good songs were u don't know(remix) the watcher 2 and well actually that's it. And even those two songs seemed odd and out of place. Why is a sequel to watcher on jays album? And why is their a remix from an old album on this one?

I dare you to listen to jay say oh behave like Austin powers and not burst out in embaraasing laughter. Or when he announced to guru he brought the flutes with him and then the song has no flutes in it lol.

Even the album cover was hilarious. Jay throwing up westcoast gang signs? Rofl.

This was jay at his very worst
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:13:17 PM by Jaydc is back »

Invincible

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »
Lol no, their wasn't. Album was awful. Not only was it bad, but the album failed in every single way. It felt like a compilation. The singles were complete ass. His attempts at being deep just fell flat on their face. That dream song was comedy. Dudes trying to make a tribute song about his dead homey and just sucks himself off the whole song. Ballad of a dead soldier was forced and cheesey. Nigga please? What an appropriate title.Bonnie and clyde?!! Takes a classic pac song and turns it into a love song rappin about watching sex and city?!
That song with Sean Paul???? Jays soul was hurt after ether so he tried to force everything on this album. Hell the fucking title track was about nas lol.

Only good songs were u don't know(remix) the watcher 2 and well actually that's it. And even those two songs seemed odd and out of place. Why is a sequel to watcher on jays album? And why is their a remix from an old album on this one?

I dare you to listen to jay say oh behave like Austin powers and not burst out in embaraasing laughter. Or when he announced to guru he brought the flutes with him and then the song has no flutes in it lol.

Even the album cover was hilarious. Jay throwing up westcoast gang signs? Rofl.

This was jay at his very worst

Co-sign this  post to the fullest. The album was a complete fucking mess. Easily his worst. along with BP3.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »
Really liked American Gangster & Kingdom Come. Two great albums. Just a few notches from his great albums.

Even got down with most of Blueprint III.

The Purple Champ

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »
GAY Z SUX DIX  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-* :-* >:( >:( ::) ::) :P :P :-X :-X :'( :'(

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »
"Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Vol 2 Hard Knock Life, kingdom come" - jays best work

"Watch the thorne" was wack
"american gangster" and "black album" had some classic/great songs

"blueprint 2" was better than the duo-albums wit R Kelly
the stripped down version of the album ("blueprint 2.1") was solid, and had "excuse me miss again" on it,, very dope cut

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 09:20:01 PM »
Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint & The Black Album are classic albums to me...

This. Reasonable Doubt, and then I'd take The Black Album slightly over The Blueprint. I'd say his discography is about the same consistency as Nas. He certainly has no albums as wack as Nastradamus.

His worst album, but still not naerly as bad as Nastradamus. When Jay-Z makes a bad song, its just bad. When Nas makes a bad song, it comes out horrible in the worst possible way. He has no flair for making pop shit.

Dream is a dope song. Bonnie and Clyde isn't a good song, but its your typical mainstream love song. At his worst, Jay is making songs that the mainstream crowd can get behind. No song on BP2 sucks on the level of Nastradamus or Big Girl. Thank Jay for putting out Takeover, otherwise Nas might have continued on the horrible path he was on.

Blood$

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »
BP2 wasn't too good but how does everybody forget "Some How, Some Way"? that's one of his best cuts for sure overall, classic trio (Jay, Face, Beans)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
Dream was the opposite of a dope song. Rapping as your dead homey and big upping yourself??? Rofl.Then throwing on a biggie verse thats totally random( although the best verse on the album)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 12:29:50 AM »
nastradamus was better then people give it credit for...there was some hard shit on there.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 12:51:44 AM »
Dream was the opposite of a dope song. Rapping as your dead homey and big upping yourself??? Rofl.Then throwing on a biggie verse thats totally random( although the best verse on the album)

I think you missed the point of the song