Author Topic: Jay-Z appreciation thread  (Read 564 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: Jay-Z appreciation thread
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 01:31:58 AM »
Dream was the opposite of a dope song. Rapping as your dead homey and big upping yourself??? Rofl.Then throwing on a biggie verse thats totally random( although the best verse on the album)

I think you missed the point of the song

Lol, no I didn't. Jay had a point. But his execution was TERRIBLE. Song was wack. Jay couldn't fight the urge to suck himself off long enough to pull off the song. It was supposed to be heartfelt. Instead it was egotistical.Song sucked, get over it.

Blood$

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 01:55:08 AM »
nastradamus was better then people give it credit for...there was some hard shit on there.

"Life We Chose"
"Project Windows"
"Come Get Me"
"Shoot Em Up"
"Family"

were all 4/5 tracks, even the title track was straight... only real wack ass song was that one with Ginuwine while the rest was just kinda forgettable/average

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 02:31:14 AM »
Rd, blueprint and black album are great albums. Some say classics, I'm hesitant to call them that as it each album has some skippers.

I thought kingdom come was a step forward for jay lyrically and content wise. For the first time he started showing growth as an artist. But musically it was mediocre, and his flow had lost something.

American gangster was a good album but I felt he regressed as an artist content wise. It's like the criticisms he received on kc put him back in his shell and he gave up trying to grow.

All in all I respect jay and his career. But I feel his discography is inconsisten, filled with mediocre albums and downright terrible ones. But his great albums overshadow the duds.

Some people view him as a goat but I think he's missing that depth and introspective songs that take him down. He's a mainstream king and a hit machine. But as an a artist he's shallow and hasnt grown since rd content wise.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 03:59:29 AM »
1. Reasonable doubt ( classic)
2. The blueprint (classic)
3. The black album ( would be a classic if the two neptunes tracks and the Quik one weren't on it)

I know It's all opinions but damn, Allure is to me the best track on that album. He spits some GEMS there, on a Reasonable Doubt level. And the beat is amazing too.

And, not to offend anyone, but fuck all the hate Quik gets for his beat on the album. I for one am glad he didn't give Jay one of his trademark sounding beats. Maybe he custom made this for Jay, maybe Jay knew he would sound uncomfortable over the usual Quik shit, whatever the case, I'm happy with the end result.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »
Lol no, their wasn't. Album was awful. Not only was it bad, but the album failed in every single way. It felt like a compilation. The singles were complete ass. His attempts at being deep just fell flat on their face. That dream song was comedy. Dudes trying to make a tribute song about his dead homey and just sucks himself off the whole song. Ballad of a dead soldier was forced and cheesey. Nigga please? What an appropriate title.Bonnie and clyde?!! Takes a classic pac song and turns it into a love song rappin about watching sex and city?!
That song with Sean Paul???? Jays soul was hurt after ether so he tried to force everything on this album. Hell the fucking title track was about nas lol.

Only good songs were u don't know(remix) the watcher 2 and well actually that's it. And even those two songs seemed odd and out of place. Why is a sequel to watcher on jays album? And why is their a remix from an old album on this one?

I dare you to listen to jay say oh behave like Austin powers and not burst out in embaraasing laughter. Or when he announced to guru he brought the flutes with him and then the song has no flutes in it lol.

Even the album cover was hilarious. Jay throwing up westcoast gang signs? Rofl.

This was jay at his very worst

Co-sign this  post to the fullest. The album was a complete fucking mess. Easily his worst. along with BP3.

Yep. Blueprint 2 is the low point of his career. Disgustingly bad album.

I wouldnt say BP3 was on the same level though. Its not an album for me and even though I did buy it at the time I've not given it much replay. Its just too much of a pop record. Its easily his most mainstream and softest record. It has its moments though and its not anywhere near as bad (or as boring and long) as BP2.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 02:57:33 AM »
Lol no, their wasn't. Album was awful. Not only was it bad, but the album failed in every single way. It felt like a compilation. The singles were complete ass. His attempts at being deep just fell flat on their face. That dream song was comedy. Dudes trying to make a tribute song about his dead homey and just sucks himself off the whole song. Ballad of a dead soldier was forced and cheesey. Nigga please? What an appropriate title.Bonnie and clyde?!! Takes a classic pac song and turns it into a love song rappin about watching sex and city?!
That song with Sean Paul???? Jays soul was hurt after ether so he tried to force everything on this album. Hell the fucking title track was about nas lol.

Only good songs were u don't know(remix) the watcher 2 and well actually that's it. And even those two songs seemed odd and out of place. Why is a sequel to watcher on jays album? And why is their a remix from an old album on this one?

I dare you to listen to jay say oh behave like Austin powers and not burst out in embaraasing laughter. Or when he announced to guru he brought the flutes with him and then the song has no flutes in it lol.

You're really gonna front on "Meet The Parents", "Some How, Some Way" and "Show You How"? "Poppin Tags" and "All Around The World" were cool too and I actually enjoyed "Nigga Please". "As One" was cool as a posse cut too. You're shitting on the album way too much there.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 03:25:22 AM »
^^^^
Yes, all those tracks are dope. If only BP2 was 1 disc, it would've been so much better.

kemizt

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »

You're really gonna front on "Meet The Parents", "Some How, Some Way" and "Show You How"? "Poppin Tags" and "All Around The World" were cool too and I actually enjoyed "Nigga Please". "As One" was cool as a posse cut too. You're shitting on the album way too much there.

I don't care what anyone says, I fucking LOVE 'Poppin' Tags'. That beat, man. And the guests on it are perfect. Twista killed it.

V2DHeart

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 02:06:12 AM »
I give appreciation to creating one of my favourite Hip Hop albums of all time - The blueprint 3..........

Nah just playing - Reasonable Doubt of course

he's quite laid back, and doesn't get into a lot of BS. He's a good role model IMO

I do think though that he is one of the most helped out rappers in history. New York will always bump him up, Hip Hop mags will always give him a thumbs up, and all Hip Hop hosts, presenters, radio figures, critics, and other Hip Hop heads almost feel as if their obligated to name Jay Z as one of, if not Thee greatest ever to confirm their position as a Hip Hop head. Granted Jigga's been in the game a long time, but he's also brought out a load of trash, when others have had more consistency in their quality of music releases.

He found himself in a sweet position after Biggie died, when New York where searching anywhere for a 'king' status replacement, and Jay fit in nicely considering he had just released one hell of a classic album. But well done to him, I've always liked the dude despite some of the wack things he's done in his career (me & my girlfriend for example)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>