Author Topic: Who are your heros  (Read 490 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Who are your heros
« on: January 23, 2003, 09:01:57 PM »
I have lots of them.

I admire:
Franklin D. Roosevelt because he lead the nation out of the depression, and fought the evil Hitler.

Muhammad Ali, who fought the U.S. government and gave up his best years of fighting to fight his fight, for his religion, and he didn't run away like others.

2Pac, because I can feel his music touch me, and move me to want to be a better person, even in his rage.

My Dad, a single dad who worked his hardest to raise two little bad kids, and help them along life, because he knew that they had it hard.

My Grandma, she helped raise us, and took us in when we needed a home, she is the rock that keeps me strong.

Hulk Hogan because even though wrestling is fake, his wars with giants always made me believe I can overcome too.

Batman fo reals, just the smartest super hero ever, and I like his dark ways.

My mom, who overcame a lifetime of great struggles, made some mistakes, but tried to live a normal life. God wanted her because he couldn't wait any longer not to have her.

My Great-Grandma, she's now 96 years of straight wisedom. No one I know has seen as much, or knows as much.

The Pope, though I forgot him, he makes me believe with all my heart that Jesus will walk the Earth again, and that though him and his faith, we will all see the Lords light on the Earth.

And lastly my sister, because you don't know, I've seen her since she was a little baby, and to see her grow, and reject all traditions that are not fair for a woman in Hispanic culture, but yet stay in the traditional way, she has made some mistakes, but who hasn't. The way she has bounced back, and realized that when an atomic bomb hits, only us and the roaches will live.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 09:22:01 PM by Lost Angel »

HBKid_Jr

Re:Who are your heros
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 09:13:33 PM »
my dad,  he was always there for me an has been through so much shit in his life.  He was always real with me an never gave me no candy coated answers.  hes the only person that believes in me an sees suptin special in me

2pac-  his music got me through some of my worst times

Shawn Michaels-  he was   everything i wanted to be

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 09:15:11 PM »
Hulk Hogan - Because he's a representation of how the everyday man can be the best of everything, through persistance, intelligence, and God.  At 50 years old, he's still in perfect shape, and still battling 'evil'.  

Michael Jackson - Because he's a representative of how Love isn't always the most politically correct thing to do, but it's alright to stand up against public opinion, and risk ridicule to do something you think is right, and believe in.  It's alright to be innocent.

Paul McCartney - Because through his relationship with his wife, he showed me a lot about what love is supposed to be.

My Dad - because he was just a good guy.

Jesus Christ - Because he was super intelligent (I think everything he did was because he was just SO intelligent, he was intelligent enough to figure everything out)

Moses - I like Moses, because he was a man who grew to great power, but still had his faults, he openly questioned god, and seems like a very very REAL person in the bible to me.  I think sometimes I'm a little tiny moses.  

Peter - From the bible.  I like peter, because in the bible, for one, he gave up all his riches to follow god, which would be incredibly hard.  Also, he still made mistakes, up until the betrayal of Christ, but was still forgiven of god, because he truly repented (acknowledged the mistake, was humbled, confessed it, and never did it again)

John Lennon - I like him becuase he came up with this great idea, that since he was famous, he wanted to stand for something; so he decided to stand for peace.  Today, when people think of John Lennon, they immediately think of Peace, the word and concept pops in your head as soon as you hear his name; he pretty much sacrificed his own life (not literally, but he sacrificed his MEMORY) for peace.  Instead of thinking about John the guitar player, you think of John the peace maker.  That's very, very noble.

Muhammad Ali, for similar reasons  as Hulk Hogan, though not to the same extent.  I think Ali was the personification of someone with Passion, like all my heros.  They were passionate about what they believed in, he believed he was the greatest, and he was SO passionate about it, he WAS the greatest.  

closetothalimit

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 09:22:03 PM »
Kevin Smith - this man knows how to write dialouge, something i attempt to do in my free time, i always look up to him and his writing ability

Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick - these two had amazing skills as a director, a respectable quality.

Samwise Gamgee - the true hero of the lord of the rings series, the only one that is too good and pure to feel the temptation of the ring.

my best friend - the only hero i know personally- she is incredibly strong and good willed person whom has seen alot of tradgey in her life and still comes out on top. she motivates me to be a better person so thus a hero in my eyes.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »
My dad because no matter what he has gone thru in his life, and he's been through alot, he has never given up. SUre, alot of celebrities could be my role models too but he's like a role model/mentor to me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

OutSider

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 09:49:59 PM »
First person:

M Dogg- He has seen many of the same things i have. He is the cloest person to me and i tell him everything. Even though there are times i dont agree with what he wants out of me. Although I do value my friendship with him. I have also have grown from not having him around. I had to grow up and learn to diffend myself and learn the stuggles of taking care of dad  :P. He has always been someone i cant truely rely on. I still remember the sacrafies he had made for me and my lil cousins. Great things can never be forgotten or put down. I know no matter what people think of me he will always be there for me and wont let anyone mess with me.

2nd:

Father Howard- When I was going through the stuggles of losing my mother and all faith in God, I would always looks forward to his mass and kind words on confession. Even when i lost totally belief in God he showed me the way back to the Church. All through Middle School and High school i was able to confess my sins and worries to him. He touched my life many time with the Holy Spirit and told me the stuggles in his life as a convert to the catholic church.

3rd:

Master Gunnery Sargeant Ojeda (Master Gunny)- who saved my life just with the gut feeling that something was wrong. He was also the one who helped me through all the hardships of high school and helped me find a little peace within myself. He also made the cold hearted person who doesnt give a damn about what people think... i take pride i all that i do and dont look back on anything. He taught me to never be sorry for who i am and what i do... just live.. my life as i please.

4th:

My Grammy- Who i love and miss more then anything in the world. She gave my brother and I a home when no one else would. When we were young she taught me how to pray and the value of the catholic church and modeling my life after the virgin mary. She showed me compassion and morals of being a Native American women. I  may not always display these values because of the fast pace that life takes us, but i know one day when i have a family that i will know my place. she is the strongest person i know.

5th:

My dad, just because he gave us all we had. He is the one who scarfied his whole life for. Oh yeah i seen him stuggle going back to school after 15 years of being a working class man with two kids.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 02:05:15 AM »
Muhammad Ali - Ever since I was a kid he has been my hero. As a child I just saw him as the greatest boxer ever not knowing how much more important he was to America. He stood up against the government for his own beliefs and sacrificed a lot for them.

Bruce Lee - Overcame the racist ways of America and fought his way to the top. He popularized Martial Arts within America and broke down racial barriers that banned non-Chinese people from practicing Kung Fu. Lee is also the greatest of all time in terms of martial arts. He can kick anyone's ass.

Tupac Shakur - The most human of all rappers. Many complain about his contradictions but that's what makes him so easy to relate to because every human contradicts themselves. We all have different sides. He spoke his mind which was I admire the most from him.

Bob Marley - A revolutionary. The government was scared of his influence on the people of Jamaica. Definitely in the Top 10 artists of the century or maybe even the millenium. A genius.  

Michael Jackson - When I first saw "Billie Jean" on MTV I wanted to be Michael Jackson. He epitomized "cool" in the 80's and he gave so much back to the people of the world. Trauma put it best: because he's a representative of how love isn't always the most politically correct thing to do, but it's alright to stand up against public opinion, and risk ridicule to do something you think is right, and believe in.  It's alright to be innocent.

__kaLipZo__

• Apocalypstic Immortal
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 06:43:20 AM »
takes a true man to say Michael Jackson is their hero =)

mine...

My Mother: Who inspires me and makes me try harder with future success and supports whatever I plan to do.

Tupac: Like west said "the most human of all rappers", dont know if hes dead or alive...but still touches me, other people with his lyrics.
Battle Record: 20 - 3
14 KO's

Febuary's Battle Mc Of The Month.
March's Wordplay Mc
March's Best Punchline Mc

Lost Titan

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Titans ruled the cosmos before the Olympians.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 07:46:48 AM »
mainly my mom because she is a single mother raisen 3 kids.
i learned a lot from her
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 07:47:18 AM by Dj Lost »
The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthrew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus

Murrow

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 12:27:16 PM »
God - Looks over me 24/7, and I can always talk to Him.

Mom - Hardest working person I have ever known.

Grandma - Mad wisdom, she has traveled around the world and back

Eminem - He showed be anything can be done

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 12:53:48 PM »
My Dad - Works his ass off day in day out so we can have a nice life.

Hulk Hogan - childhood hero, and I still got goosebumps when he came back in the yellow and red.

Tony Adams - youngest arsenal captain, overcame his problems to help others, a hero from when I saw him lift the league title at Anfield after we fucked the scousers over.

Steve Redgrave - Not really a hero of mine but deserves a mention because of winning 5 gold medals in consecutive olympics

Winston Churchill - showed 'ze germans' that we're not to be fucked with ;D

Never surrender

bez

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2003, 01:50:45 PM »
Ronald McDonald: How the fuck did he make all that fat greasy food so nice to eat.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 10:41:54 PM »
God...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 11:06:39 PM »
My Pops- words cant describe my admiration for him
Malcolm X- he turned my life around when i read about him in Gr, 6
The Propher Mohamed (PBUH)- the greatest human being to ever have lived, an inspiration to humanity
Che Guevarra- For dedicating his life to a cause he believed in

Saladin- For showing the Christain world, we Muslims can be ruthless warriors and honourable gentlemen
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 11:45:17 PM »
mine are

1. Both of my grandpaz- my Dads side of tha family grandpa is really smart he teaches me so many things. he really is a good person he triez to help me out and i know if anything ever happen to me he will be there i dont know wut i would do without him. my momz side of tha family  grandpa he worked hard he lived here in TX then moved to Cali where things didnt go good for him (gangs, jail, trouble) then he moved bacc to TX met my grandma and changed his wayz slowly but he did when he died taht had tha biggest impact of my lyfe. RIP Jeff Garza.

2. my grandma- she has alwayz been there for me an alwayz will

3. my mom- mostly cuzz she iz a single parent trying to raise me and my sister

4. Infinite- for helping me out and halping me wit my religion. hopefully i can meet u one of these dayz i think u are truely blessed no matter wut other ppl say on WCC.

im out!!!