Author Topic: New free album from Immortal Technique coming on October 27th  (Read 637 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: New free album from Immortal Technique coming on October 27th
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »
Its an album bro. Its their vision, not yours. Those Game "leftovers" are songs on official mixtapes. I don't see how editing tracklistings is going to do anything but confuse you and everyone else. What are you going to do when you're talking with friends about R.E.D. and you go "that album is classic, Monsters in my Head and The Kill are the best songs!" People are gonna be laughing at you for not knowing shit. The apple comparison isn't valid. A more proper comparison is owning a famous painting then painting over parts of it. You can customize your iphone, its still just a phone that you can do whatever you want with. You customize an artist's album and now its your album, not theirs. Just accept that Game and others put out wack albums occasionally. Otherwise years from now we're going to be discussing the greatest albums ever made and laughing at you when you bring up R.E.D.  :laugh:

Jome

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 04:21:18 PM »
Its an album bro. Its their vision, not yours. Those Game "leftovers" are songs on official mixtapes. I don't see how editing tracklistings is going to do anything but confuse you and everyone else. What are you going to do when you're talking with friends about R.E.D. and you go "that album is classic, Monsters in my Head and The Kill are the best songs!" People are gonna be laughing at you for not knowing shit. The apple comparison isn't valid. A more proper comparison is owning a famous painting then painting over parts of it. You can customize your iphone, its still just a phone that you can do whatever you want with. You customize an artist's album and now its your album, not theirs. Just accept that Game and others put out wack albums occasionally. Otherwise years from now we're going to be discussing the greatest albums ever made and laughing at you when you bring up R.E.D.  :laugh:

Fuck their vision, if somebody wants to cater to the MTV-audience and stick all sorts of garbage features on their album, plus numerous redundant skits, I'm making my own version.
And for the record, I don't have Alzheimers, so I will always remember the original R.E.D. album as coaster-status, if you're concerned about mixing the original version with your own customized version, don't make one, simple as.

When I update my Ipod with my own customized version, you're damn straight it's my album and my vision, I didn't make the music, I just improved their vision and selection shortcomings.
I also use MediaMonkey to update my Ipod, even though Apple wants people to use Itunes and have tried to block 3rd-party programs from accessing Ipods/Iphones/etc. Am I wrong for that?  :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 07:28:45 PM »
Its an album bro. Its their vision, not yours. Those Game "leftovers" are songs on official mixtapes. I don't see how editing tracklistings is going to do anything but confuse you and everyone else. What are you going to do when you're talking with friends about R.E.D. and you go "that album is classic, Monsters in my Head and The Kill are the best songs!" People are gonna be laughing at you for not knowing shit. The apple comparison isn't valid. A more proper comparison is owning a famous painting then painting over parts of it. You can customize your iphone, its still just a phone that you can do whatever you want with. You customize an artist's album and now its your album, not theirs. Just accept that Game and others put out wack albums occasionally. Otherwise years from now we're going to be discussing the greatest albums ever made and laughing at you when you bring up R.E.D.  :laugh:

Fuck their vision, if somebody wants to cater to the MTV-audience and stick all sorts of garbage features on their album, plus numerous redundant skits, I'm making my own version.
And for the record, I don't have Alzheimers, so I will always remember the original R.E.D. album as coaster-status, if you're concerned about mixing the original version with your own customized version, don't make one, simple as.

When I update my Ipod with my own customized version, you're damn straight it's my album and my vision, I didn't make the music, I just improved their vision and selection shortcomings.
I also use MediaMonkey to update my Ipod, even though Apple wants people to use Itunes and have tried to block 3rd-party programs from accessing Ipods/Iphones/etc. Am I wrong for that?  :laugh:

I'm assuming you do this for every album you have. How do you remember original tracklistings of every album in your collection? The way people remember tracklistings is by listening to albums over and over.

You have to accept an album for what it is. If you don't like certain songs why not just not add them to your ipod like everyone else? What's the difference between your fake tracklistings and the fake shit that radiotube posts? Both are equally corny. And why wouldn't you want your songs to be labelled correctly?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:31:12 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 07:42:33 PM »
I agree with spice.

Not only that but some of my my favorite songs and albums of all time are ones I didn't like on the first couple listens. You ADHD motherfuckers are depriving yourself of music that grows on you.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 09:33:38 PM »
lol jome just tryna feel at comfort with his music. Dude mad rigid at times with his music taste but y'all coming on dude too strong just for him changing shit up to make his playlist less skippable. I def agree with spice, if you listening to an album, i don't understand why y'all would cut out even skits and def features etc..btw lil wayne feature on games albums have always been dope, even on this...but i know jome seriously cannot stand lil wayne if im correct so maybe thats why he takes his feature off but in general if y'all cutting parts of tracks now or jus gettin rid of tracks cuz of a certain cat being on it...seems a little gay to me but to each his own. If jome wanna listen music in his own 'vision' so be it. lol...

i just usually gotta favourites list on my playlists of tracks i be checking more often but i always keep the album in their actual vision. Whether they be dope or wack, thats part of the package  lol. Thats why a nigga never listens to any banks shit, cuz his albums are garbage an dude sound the same pretty much all the time. Games new album too aint really getting much check at all but he still on my playlist cuz dude got some heat from a while back whereas i got no banks albums on my shit cuz dude garbage whereas with game while i dont be checking on RED, i got still got some joints from that album on my playlist.

on topic...immortal technique got that head  :o

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »

i guess its alright to alter tracklists/scene-segments for albums and movies, if u want to change the vision n match it wit ur own cup of tea

as long as ur not throwin waterballoons wit paint at paintings, while ur strollin through art-galleries.

Jome

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 08:00:29 AM »
I'm assuming you do this for every album you have. How do you remember original tracklistings of every album in your collection? The way people remember tracklistings is by listening to albums over and over.

Seems like you misunderstood the whole intent.. let me break it down for you.

* No, not every album needs to be customized, some albums are fine to begin with.. the majority of albums I do nothing with, some I just add some Itunes/Bestbuy bonus tracks to, possibly a leftover or a mixtape-track good enough to be on the album.
* Why do I need to remember tracklistings? If I 5 years later have forgot a mainstream pop-track featuring Chris Brown or Lil Wayne, and only remember the leftover-track with Busta Rhymes & Cee-Lo (to use a recent example), why would anybody care? (Except to cheer at the phenomenal raise in quality..) A couple of tracks less to skip..

You have to accept an album for what it is. If you don't like certain songs why not just not add them to your ipod like everyone else?

No, I really don't.
If I want to remove skits, sellout-tracks, wack features and filler, then it is entirely up to me, and you're right, I don't add them to my Ipod, like everyone else..

Now, if you want to respect the artists vision (or say, the record labels PR-campaign vision), and listen through tons of random artist placements and tracks catered at the 14 year old female radio listener, then that is also up to you.
Then you need not worrying about "forgetting" the tracklisting and the artists original vision, and you can enter arguments/discussions about this very album for years to come, oh joy.

Is that really your main concern? Forgetting which tracks were on the album? Worrying about mentioning the wrong track and that people will laugh at you when you accidentally mention a leftover that were supposed to be on the album?
Surrounding yourself with superficial teenagers much?

What's the difference between your fake tracklistings and the fake shit that radiotube posts? Both are equally corny. And why wouldn't you want your songs to be labelled correctly?

If you can not see the difference between made-up fantasy tracklists and tracks that actually exist and have actually been released (and most often, actually intended for the album, but then replaced by some label A/R who didn't think the track was radio-friendly enough), then you got issues..
Not that there's something wrong with making fantasy tracklists, imagining how your favorite artists album would look like in a dream world.. if people have that much spare-time, why judge?

Jome

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 08:02:18 AM »
Not only that but some of my my favorite songs and albums of all time are ones I didn't like on the first couple listens. You ADHD motherfuckers are depriving yourself of music that grows on you.

LoL @ ADHD..
Obviously I'm not gonna remove tracks that I don't like on the first couple of listens, or tracks that are simply average.. average tracks have grown on me before, you're right about that.

But some tracks are just pure garbage, and serve no purpose what-so-ever.. it's not like I'm throwing grower-music in the recycle bin.

lol jome just tryna feel at comfort with his music. Dude mad rigid at times with his music taste but y'all coming on dude too strong just for him changing shit up to make his playlist less skippable. I def agree with spice, if you listening to an album, i don't understand why y'all would cut out even skits and def features etc..btw lil wayne feature on games albums have always been dope, even on this...but i know jome seriously cannot stand lil wayne if im correct so maybe thats why he takes his feature off but in general if y'all cutting parts of tracks now or jus gettin rid of tracks cuz of a certain cat being on it...seems a little gay to me but to each his own. If jome wanna listen music in his own 'vision' so be it. lol...

i just usually gotta favourites list on my playlists of tracks i be checking more often but i always keep the album in their actual vision. Whether they be dope or wack, thats part of the package  lol. Thats why a nigga never listens to any banks shit, cuz his albums are garbage an dude sound the same pretty much all the time. Games new album too aint really getting much check at all but he still on my playlist cuz dude got some heat from a while back whereas i got no banks albums on my shit cuz dude garbage whereas with game while i dont be checking on RED, i got still got some joints from that album on my playlist.

on topic...immortal technique got that head  :o

Yeah, a Lil Wayne feature can destroy a whole track, but I still keep the "Martians vs. Goblins" track, even though he did his best to ruin an otherwise dope track.
And it seems like you pretty much agree with me, but don't have the time or is too lazy to make your own version of the album, lol..

I mean, Game released 1 album, and what, 2-4 mixtapes, plus 30-40++ leftovers leaked?
Instead of jumping from listening through the album and numerous mixtapes, plus all the leaked leftovers back and forth, why not collect all the best tracks in 1 folder? (They're all from the same studio sessions anyway)
If you call it an album or a playlist, who the F cares? I know Spice is afraid the music police will come knocking on his door, asking why he put non-album material on the album though..