Author Topic: MMG has pretty much taken over 2011  (Read 310 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: MMG has pretty much taken over 2011
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 05:57:37 PM »
MMG did big things this year and will continue to do so in 2012  8)

I also see some people still don't know what a mainstream rapper is smh.  Rick Ross is no Pharrell Williams or Justin Beiber.  Truthfully, the nigga Chris Brown is only mainstream becuz they want him there and he does good in that world.  Even before Rhianna got her shit checked young niggaz knew Chris Brown was on some grown man shit.  He was different from them B2K niggaz at least.  He definitely should stay in his lane(s) tho.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves before we go on about nothing.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 08:00:02 PM »
Mainstream is making radio friendly music. Ross clearly makes radio friendly music. Despite the fact most of the shit of his on the radio is just features he jumps on.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 01:58:17 AM »
A year ago nobody knew who Meek Mill was, Wale was pushing 25k his first week in 2009.

I guess next week will be a better judgement, but I'm willing to bet money Wale pushes close to 100k his first week with this Ambition album. And that's without Lady Gaga on his single like he had on his debut album.

MMG definitely hasn't hit Young Money status yet, but they've made a quicker impact than any other clique this year.

That "Tupac Back" record wasn't even on the radio, yet pretty much every hip hop fan knows the track and plenty of people dig it. It even got the headline of XXL's Tupac anniversary issue.