Author Topic: Opinions on.... Tech N9ne - Welcome 2 Strangeland  (Read 443 times)

Sccit

Re: Opinions on.... Tech N9ne - Welcome 2 Strangeland
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 12:42:34 AM »
Just depends on what you're looking for - I happened to think that Everready was a great introduction a mainstream audience without straying away from his style too much.

KOD was a nice, solid album - but it's one of those albums you can't listen to all the time. There's sometimes I just wanna listen to music that relates to real-life everyday shit, and KOD and a lot of his older shit simply isn't that, but Everready and Killer has a lot of those type of tracks.

One thing for sure - Tech is one of the illest pure emcees in the game. Haven't heard this album yet, but I will this week for sure.

"KOD" was just a great concept album..."Killer" and "Everready" had a lot of bangers, but also way too much filler. and "KOD" had a couple tracks u could relate 2, as well: "Low", "Leave Me Alone"...i know what u mean, though. shit was more of a concept album, but thats what i like about it.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re: Opinions on.... Tech N9ne - Welcome 2 Strangeland
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
Just depends on what you're looking for - I happened to think that Everready was a great introduction a mainstream audience without straying away from his style too much.

KOD was a nice, solid album - but it's one of those albums you can't listen to all the time. There's sometimes I just wanna listen to music that relates to real-life everyday shit, and KOD and a lot of his older shit simply isn't that, but Everready and Killer has a lot of those type of tracks.

One thing for sure - Tech is one of the illest pure emcees in the game. Haven't heard this album yet, but I will this week for sure.

"KOD" was just a great concept album..."Killer" and "Everready" had a lot of bangers, but also way too much filler. and "KOD" had a couple tracks u could relate 2, as well: "Low", "Leave Me Alone"...i know what u mean, though. shit was more of a concept album, but thats what i like about it.

I agree about his earlier albums being really good and all the other albums after Everready having fillers BUT EverReady definitely had no filler tracks. All the tracks were banging and I think it's his best Mainstream album to date.