Author Topic: Wale - Ambition (Discussion)  (Read 1131 times)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Wale - Ambition (Discussion)
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 12:14:34 PM »
As I said previously, I've not heard Ambition yet, but this article/review of Wale and also Ambition kind of sums up how I feel about what Wale is doing wrong as an artist: http://passionweiss.com/2011/11/02/the-empty-ambitions-of-wale/

You should listen to it yourself, with an open mind of course, before reading some review from an "I only listen to real hip-hop" persona.

I will listen to it, with an open mind also. As I said previously I loved Wale's first two mixtapes and the reason I'm basing my opinion on MMG Wale is based off his songs on the Self Made album...not this album. But I'll give it a listen. Hopefully it surprises me. Even though I don't think it suits him, I still think he's a talented emcee.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2011, 03:06:52 PM »
wale was the weak link on that mmg album, he sounds like a fucking clown trying to play tough guy, i skip every verse of his on it, seriously he is fucking awful on that. that said his first mixtapes were tight! he just lost direction as an artist, got a bigger ego, and tried to way to many things at one time. i will give this album a shot tho, he deserves a 2nd chance.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2011, 10:40:34 PM »
First time hearing Wale..not impressed. Maybe two tracks on hear that could possibly grow on me, but not countin on it...like what box5 said, no tracks worth a 5/5.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 05:33:55 AM »
After a few more listens ad shits on this album. People are smoking crack to think otherwise.

Wale totally sacrificed his content on this album. It's just nonsense swag lyrics with no purpose. He took a huge step back as an artist and some of the songs are downright annoying.

I'm not surprised this album has a lower metecritic score then ad.

Meho needs to take Ross's cock from his ears, this is a huge step back artistically.

MistaNova

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 05:55:31 AM »
No J. Cole feature this time? Pass...

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 06:43:14 AM »
I'm so impressed with this album that I'm scared for Wale.  How is he gonna top this?  I mean this album is fuckin' mad lol!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/rca6jO9n9AQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/rca6jO9n9AQ</a> [needed more bass guitar] & "No Days Off" are the themes 4 me right now.  This has to be the best album released in the 4th quarter so far [Oct.-Dec.].  

8) Wale been gettin alotta love around The DMV lately.  I was out Norfolk yesterday and I heard somebody at tha gas station with it on blast.  I got to Woodbridge to fill up again and a nigga pulled up 2 tha pump all ignorant n shit crankin tha joint.  Needless to say that was just yesterday.  Today I'm playin this and probably will be until "Blue Dream & Lean" comes out

side note:  it would've been tight if Mario was on the hook to "That Way".  Jeremih killed it and it shouldn't be touched but it would've been nice 4 tha DMV to hear Mario on it.  Plus they pretty much could've sounded the same on this 1 when u hear it in your head.  It might've taken away from the 'star power' if Mario was on it tho, but then again who knows (i don't)

Wale = DC
Lex Luger = VA
Mario = MD

#justsayin'
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:04:38 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »
No J. Cole feature this time? Pass...

lmao