Author Topic: Wale - Ambition (Discussion)  (Read 1129 times)

Blood$

Re: Wale - Ambition (Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 09:34:41 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pn1VGytzXus" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pn1VGytzXus</a>

I think Hip Hop albums lose that potential for "classicness" when songs like this are on it.

With that being said, I fuck with this song. ;D

originally was going to say the exact same thing basically and point out that song... +1

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
obviously  big seans debut isnt a classic album, ass and my last were fucking brutal.

jay just likes to point out something i said when it first dropped cuz i was excited, its kinda like when he calls a new drake song classic as soon as theres discussion about it

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »
I never call anything classic the moment it drops, idiots do that.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 10:54:09 AM »
Wale was better on those Seinfeld mixtapes. For me he just doesn't seem to fit in at MMG lyrically and thematically. He's a good emcee, better than anyone else on MMG, but he just doesn't look right sat next to Pill, Meek Mill & Rozay. He's a different style altogether.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 03:55:01 PM »
What is MMG lyrically and thematically ? Define it. That's like somebody saying a certain rapper has an eastcoast or a westcoast flow. Like what is that ? If you ask me Amibition, sound wise, sounds exactly like Attention Deficit. Same style of production, same vibe. It's not like MMG and Ross are all over the album. They are on 1 track and it's a gem. The only thing changed is Wale himself. He grew balls.

Don't forget that MMG also has Stalley.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »
Fucc wale and his mama, I hope he makes chipper jones to feed his fam and crew. But I don't give a bomb fucc about his album. Go-go music is bomb, but come on wale? Hip hop still suffering from cryptorchidism Yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »
What is MMG lyrically and thematically ? Define it. That's like somebody saying a certain rapper has an eastcoast or a westcoast flow. Like what is that ? If you ask me Amibition, sound wise, sounds exactly like Attention Deficit. Same style of production, same vibe. It's not like MMG and Ross are all over the album. They are on 1 track and it's a gem. The only thing changed is Wale himself. He grew balls.

You clearly hear a Ross-type influence all over this album.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 03:41:19 AM »

You clearly hear a Ross-type influence all over this album.

Tell me where. Other than the Maybach Music tags. Tell me what's different from Attention Deficit sound.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 07:41:42 AM »

You know how on the Self Made album every single track sounded EXACTLY THE SAME and all the verses and lyrics and themes were EXACTLY THE SAME for an entire hour? Yeah, thats MMG.

BTW, I've not heard this solo LP yet, I was more commenting on Wale's old sound and how I feel that suits him better than the sound and songs he was coming with on the Self Made LP.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 09:38:21 AM »
Yeah trap music. But the sound of Ambition is nothing like the sound of Self Made.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 10:06:59 AM »
As I said previously, I've not heard Ambition yet, but this article/review of Wale and also Ambition kind of sums up how I feel about what Wale is doing wrong as an artist: http://passionweiss.com/2011/11/02/the-empty-ambitions-of-wale/

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 02:41:14 PM »
As I said previously, I've not heard Ambition yet, but this article/review of Wale and also Ambition kind of sums up how I feel about what Wale is doing wrong as an artist: http://passionweiss.com/2011/11/02/the-empty-ambitions-of-wale/

"So why, when Wale appears to have the freedom he claimed to be searching for way back when, is he making these shallow, one-dimensional songs about this, that and the other thing? You might as well call Ambition, “The Album About Nothing, But For Real This Time You Guys.”"

LMFAO. So true.

Blood$

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »

I kinda agree with that review as well

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 03:28:02 PM »

You should listen to it yourself, with an open mind of course, before reading some review from an "I only listen to real hip-hop" persona.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 12:08:33 AM »
Gave the album a listen twice today, was impressed with the consistency of it. Wale comes correct on the majority of the tracks and the beats complement his style, although a lot of the tracks are very similar. "Legendary", "Lotus Flower Bomb" and "Ambition" are my favorite tracks at the moment, "Ambition" is just crazy dope, sounds like some throwback street shit when Meek is spitting. I'm not a Ross fan but I've got to give him props for letting Wale do what to me sounds like a Wale album with MMG production values.

Fuck those "Maybach Music" tags are annoying!!!