Author Topic: Drake Lists His 5 Favorite Albums of All-Time  (Read 1176 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Drake Lists His 5 Favorite Albums of All-Time
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 10:31:58 PM »
And again, love below was garbage. A bunch of bad prince impersonations and half baked ideas. If he named a prince album I could respect that, but some shitty pseudo wanna be album shows drake has shit taste and hasn't listened to music made before 1990.

That's your opinion. But it was almost universally praised. I suppose you think you know better than the rest of us though.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 10:40:02 PM »
i think his list is indicative of the era he grew up in so i aint made at him...being that we're almost a decade apart in age i wouldnt expect it to match my list or any one else's in my age group....did anyone really expect dude to say illmatic or OBFCL? if he had named albums to that effect i woulda called bullshit as it being a 'safe' answer from him
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 10:44:24 PM »
Not only that, but he's listing some of the best music from that time period. If you question his list I have to question your taste in hip hop.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 11:24:47 PM »
Not only that, but he's listing some of the best music from that time period. If you question his list I have to question your taste in hip hop.

A little brother mixtape, love below are the best music?! Muthafucka please.

The only solid pick was black album. Lord willin isn't even clipse best album, nor is life after death biggies. This list sucks dick, and screams " look at me I'm different!" but your a fruity muthafucka yourself who loves to go against the grain just to go against it, so it's no surprise your co-signing this nonsense. If elzhi was where Royce was and Royce was where elzhi is career wise you'd be going Royce>>>>> in every elzhi thread. But instead it's the way it is now so you have to claim elzhi is better every Royce thread. You're a pretentious hipster rap fan, that much is obvious.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 11:36:19 PM »
i think his list is indicative of the era he grew up in so i aint made at him...being that we're almost a decade apart in age i wouldnt expect it to match my list or any one else's in my age group....did anyone really expect dude to say illmatic or OBFCL? if he had named albums to that effect i woulda called bullshit as it being a 'safe' answer from him

I don't buy this kinda thing. If you only listen to music that came out while you were growing up, your opinion is irrelevant. Some of my favorite music is decades older then me. It just shows you have limited taste and lack perspective. If a little brother mixtape is better then illmatic,The chronic, doggystyle etc your a fucking idiot.That's not even getting into other genres.

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 11:51:23 PM »
Lord Willin isn't the best Clipse album? You're trippin'
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 12:04:43 AM »
Hell hath no fury was easily better
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:06:48 AM by Jaydc is back »

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

seagram

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 02:05:22 AM »
what about 2Pac's "All Eyes On Me", Master P's "Ghetto D" or Outkast "Stankonia"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 02:40:18 AM »

I don't buy this kinda thing. If you only listen to music that came out while you were growing up, your opinion is irrelevant. Some of my favorite music is decades older then me. It just shows you have limited taste and lack perspective. If a little brother mixtape is better then illmatic,The chronic, doggystyle etc your a fucking idiot.That's not even getting into other genres.

Drake has always mentioned how much of an influence Phonte had on his style and his career. I'm assuming that the memories and effects these albums and that mixtape have had on him obviously effected him more than any other albums. You can't hate on someones opinion, because it's just that, an opinion, makes you come off like an elitist cock.

I know a head who says that "Street Hop" is his favourite album of all time, and this cat lives hip hop through and through. People give certain albums an emotional attachment due to the time period they were listening to it and what they were going through, you may not agree with someones opinion but you have to respect it for what it is. Drake isn't saying these are the best albums of all time, they are HIS favourite albums. Get off your high horse.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 09:12:37 AM »

i get what your saying but my point was that i don't have much faith in these younger cats seeking out music that is considered old to them...should they? yes. did i as a young hip-hop fan? yup. but do i realistically think that this younger generation of artist/fans actually seek out and study classic albums like that and are feeling them? not hardly, its just the way it is...this younger generation doesnt have the same respect for OG's like my generation did/does, i see it all the time
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »
If a little brother mixtape is better then illmatic,The chronic, doggystyle etc your a fucking idiot.That's not even getting into other genres.

If you don't recognize that people have different musical tastes you're the idiot. Maybe he's into meaningful content over gangsta rap cliche. And Justus For All is far and away lyrically superior to Doggystyle and The Chronic. And people who aren't into lyrics about killing or P Funk wouldn't even like those albums.

Are you saying your top 3 albums are Illmatic, The Chronic and Doggystyle? Because that just sounds like you've been fed your music taste. Drake listing dope albums not everyone has heard >>> you reciting the 3 most popular mainstream albums from the 90s. Is everyone on here's music opinion void because most of us haven't listened to the biggest albums outside of rap?

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
Elzhi is better than Royce tho. Theres people who think Royce is better than Elzhi? Only thing Royce got is more material thats it. That said Drake is a fag and his list is bs. Dude puts a Little Brother mixtape instead of Minstrel Show or Listening. WTF?
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 10:57:46 AM »
Hell hath no fury was easily better
Now you're giving the easy answer. That's what critics seem to think but there's no way. It's a good album, but average ass tracks like "Momma I'm So Sorry", "We Got it for Cheap", "Ain't Cha" & "Ride Around Shining" don't exist on Lord Willin.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2011, 11:16:39 AM »
And again, love below was garbage. A bunch of bad prince impersonations and half baked ideas. If he named a prince album I could respect that, but some shitty pseudo wanna be album shows drake has shit taste and hasn't listened to music made before 1990.

on point. a lot of people hate that album cause they only really into hip hop, but this is the real reason it sucks. shitty prince