Author Topic: Drake Lists His 5 Favorite Albums of All-Time  (Read 1173 times)

Raphael

Re: Drake Lists His 5 Favorite Albums of All-Time
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 05:15:05 AM »
Hell hath no fury was easily better
Now you're giving the easy answer. That's what critics seem to think but there's no way. It's a good album, but average ass tracks like "Momma I'm So Sorry", "We Got it for Cheap", "Ain't Cha" & "Ride Around Shining" don't exist on Lord Willin.

Co-sign.

Only hot track on that album was Mr Me Too. The track Wamp Wamp was really the track that ruined it for me.
To me, there was a few other hot ones too (Chinese New Year, Nightmares) but your right, "Wamp Wamp" was another dumb track.
I think it's a solid album and yes Wamp Wamp is a retarded song but the beat is so fucking dope that it doesn't matter to me. I still haven't heard "Hello New World" in its entirety. Pharrells hook is so horrible that i skip it every time.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 07:05:36 AM »
y r yall arguing so much about Drake's Top 5 Albums of all time?  that's some weirdo shit!

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 06:34:02 PM »
jay prolly broke his keyboard typing those  emotional replies.

why are you so mad?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »
So you speak about albums in both instances but both times it's not albums it's one mixtape. Make up your mind.

I was obviously limiting that to just hip hop albums and hip hop fans since this is a hip hop forum, genius.I've already stated I wasn't including other genres, that point obviously went over your head or you lack comprehension skills.

I'm close minded? Coming from the guy who doesn't listen to anything if it gets played on the radio that's pretty funny.Go back to making posts about being too good for Nikki minaj and arguing with elior who's more attractive you or him.

And who the fuck cares about it being lyrically better? I can find lots of albums lyrically better. That doesn't mean they are better albums.

Just out of curiosity how is it you've come to this conclusion of this source awards revelation?Because I said illmatic is better then a little brother mixtape? Rofl. Your hanging by a thread.

1) A mixtape used to mean something different. I don't really draw that much of a distinction.

2) You seemed pretty sure that everyone must have certain rap albums in their top 20. People like different genres, that also means they are going to like different sounds within genres as well. You can't accept that for some reason.

3) Yeah you are close-minded. By virtue of the fact you think everyone's favorite albums have to consist of established hip hop classics. Your argument sounds ridiculous.

4) I didn't say I thought it was a better album. But if you admit its lyrically weaker then surely you understand why some people wouldn't feel it? You can't expect everyone's taste to include simplistic lyrics about how hard you are over P-Funk samples.

5) Like I said earlier, your close-mindedness will not accept that people can love albums that haven't been praised by white hip hop journalists in the 90s. Albums don't become classics just based on their quality. They have to make an impact.

I'll ask again, have you even listened to And Justus For All? Because you don't sound like you have. And what's your top 10? You're either a sheep or your list is just as "wack" as Drake's is.

rayallen0

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2011, 02:57:38 PM »
Again you called big seans album classic, your opinion isn't relevant.LMAO at calling kids brain washed while thinking drake and big Sean are great artists. Take a look in the mirror at who's brain washed little guy.

I can hate on opinion pretty easily. Their is such thing as a stupid opinion, like drakes.

If some guy says battlefield earth is the greatest movie ever made, it's his opinion buts it's a stupid one and the person obviously has no taste.Anyone with this top five list is an idiot and has no taste.

Meaningful content? Rofl. Remind me of the meaningful content within lord willin, life after death, black album and love below. You're speaking out of your ass.

Illmatic is in my top five, not the others. Their "safe" choices for a reason, their amazing albums, true classics through and through. If those albums aren't in at least your top 20,you don't deserve to have an opinion.

And Lmao @ drake listing albums nobodies heard, what crack are you smoking? So people haven't heard love below, lord willin, the black album and life after death? Just stop talking. Those are all platinum plus albums.

lmao you are an idiot. they are all great albums and him having an opinion and not just listening to hip hop to look cool like you do obviously considering you have no oppinion and just read off a list of top albums is sad. your the kind of guy who's top movie list would be Godfather, Casablanca, Citizen Cane, Shawshank Redemption & Gone with the Wind.

Yes Drake has emotion and his music and is dope. thats an opinion. i dont really like Big Sean but again that is an oppinion. I like all the shit you are talking to other people when nobody is laughing at anybody but you. my top 5 albums would be something like Tragedy Khadafi - Tragedy: Saga of a Hoodlum, Joe Budden - Mood Muzik 3, Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle, DMX - Its Dark and Hell is hot & Spice 1 - Amerikkka's Nightmare. do i think these should be everybodies? no. get over yourself and your stupid ass elitism everybody is laughing at your 13 year old ass who probs just googled best rap albums to sound cool in this thread. go to youtube and talk shit it flys there, here where people arent just sheep of some artist will realize you arent better than someone else.
So wait first people are stupid for listening to Big Sean & Drake now people are stupid because they dont like whats on the radio?  ::)

2euce 7even

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »
I lost a lot of respect for people in this thread.

When talking opinion, it doesn't make sense. A lot of you are hypocritical. For example if someone say Wu-Tang & NWA are the greatest Hip Hop groups ever, you'd say that person is knowledgeable. But if somebody signed up tomorrow & was like "Lil' Wayne is the best rapper ever. Carter III & Carter IV are classics!", you would all stick your nose up at them. In a sense, that's what Drake did here. Sure, he named some dope albums. But nothing he said was in the league of Illmatic or OB4CL or Me Against The World.

I guess Radiotube is a prime example. None of you guys respect his musical taste & explode in laughter of his infamous quote saying Gucci Mane has better albums of Illmatic. He finds that music dope.

Now if you didn't understand my point, what I'm saying is basically agreeing with Jay that there is such a thing as a stupid opinion. Drake just named some albums some of you like, so you guys give him a pass. But if he said Gucci Mane & Lil' B, you'd be all over him.

rayallen0

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »

When talking opinion, it doesn't make sense. A lot of you are hypocritical. For example if someone say Wu-Tang & NWA are the greatest Hip Hop groups ever, you'd say that person is knowledgeable. But if somebody signed up tomorrow & was like "Lil' Wayne is the best rapper ever. Carter III & Carter IV are classics!", you would all stick your nose up at them. In a sense, that's what Drake did here. Sure, he named some dope albums. But nothing he said was in the league of Illmatic or OB4CL or Me Against The World.

I guess Radiotube is a prime example. None of you guys respect his musical taste & explode in laughter of his infamous quote saying Gucci Mane has better albums of Illmatic. He finds that music dope.

Now if you didn't understand my point, what I'm saying is basically agreeing with Jay that there is such a thing as a stupid opinion. Drake just named some albums some of you like, so you guys give him a pass. But if he said Gucci Mane & Lil' B, you'd be all over him.
....yes people give him a pass for not being a predictable albums and actually had albums he liked. i dont respect most people on here because its so obvious they dont listen to music they just pretend to like what you are supposed to like.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2011, 01:02:06 PM »
^But like I said, if you asked Radiotube his favorite albums & he said Gucci Mane's, Lil' B's, Waka Flocka's & OJ Da Juiceman's, you'd have a problem with it. It's hypocritical. You just happen to like the albums he named so you gave him a pass. But in the end, he has a stupid opinion.

rayallen0

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »
^But like I said, if you asked Radiotube his favorite albums & he said Gucci Mane's, Lil' B's, Waka Flocka's & OJ Da Juiceman's, you'd have a problem with it. It's hypocritical. You just happen to like the albums he named so you gave him a pass. But in the end, he has a stupid opinion.
...no...i dont care what anybody likes...its not a stupid opinion unless they are trolling. If they say Gucci is better than Nas instead of saying they prefer Gucci then that's stupid

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »
...no...i dont care what anybody likes...its not a stupid opinion unless they are trolling. If they say Gucci is better than Nas instead of saying they prefer Gucci then that's stupid

Not that you would have a physical problem with it. But you'd say, "damn, you're retarded". Completely disrespecting his thoughts about it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2011, 07:29:13 AM »

So you're saying anyone who doesn't have indisputed hip hop classics in their top 10 has a stupid opinion? You fall into that category for Budden being one of your favorite rappers. You're the guy who goes into threads saying you like Lil Wayne's music but can admit he's not that great a rapper. Its impossible for you to take Jaydc's side without ethering your own music taste.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »

So you're saying anyone who doesn't have indisputed hip hop classics in their top 10 has a stupid opinion? You fall into that category for Budden being one of your favorite rappers. You're the guy who goes into threads saying you like Lil Wayne's music but can admit he's not that great a rapper. Its impossible for you to take Jaydc's side without ethering your own music taste.

Joe Budden is one of my favorite rappers. But I can admit the "regulars" in their prime were better. Same with Wayne. I can enjoy the music he makes, but at the same time in terms of Hip Hop, I can recognize that it's not good Hip Hop. Wayne makes enjoyable music for me, but he's not a great rapper.

I'm not in there throwing Padded Room & Carter III in the greatest albums of all time.

rayallen0

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2011, 11:05:34 AM »

Not that you would have a physical problem with it. But you'd say, "damn, you're retarded". Completely disrespecting his thoughts about it.
I seriously wouldnt..what music you like says nothing about intelligence you cant help what you like.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2011, 12:37:29 PM »
i think his list is indicative of the era he grew up in so i aint made at him...being that we're almost a decade apart in age i wouldnt expect it to match my list or any one else's in my age group....did anyone really expect dude to say illmatic or OBFCL? if he had named albums to that effect i woulda called bullshit as it being a 'safe' answer from him

/endthread

with that being said, its a pretty random favourite all-time album list...props to him for mentioning Little Brother tho

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare