Author Topic: Drake Lists His 5 Favorite Albums of All-Time  (Read 1152 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Drake Lists His 5 Favorite Albums of All-Time
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2011, 01:08:36 PM »
"lord willin" - top5hiphop-album of the 00's

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2011, 02:38:26 PM »
^But like I said, if you asked Radiotube his favorite albums & he said Gucci Mane's, Lil' B's, Waka Flocka's & OJ Da Juiceman's, you'd have a problem with it. It's hypocritical. You just happen to like the albums he named so you gave him a pass. But in the end, he has a stupid opinion.
...no...i dont care what anybody likes...its not a stupid opinion unless they are trolling. If they say Gucci is better than Nas instead of saying they prefer Gucci then that's stupid

Not that you would have a physical problem with it. But you'd say, "damn, you're retarded". Completely disrespecting his thoughts about it.
I seriously wouldnt..what music you like says nothing about intelligence you cant help what you like.

Not overall intelligence. But your musical opinion is shot if you're throwing the Ferrari Boyz as the best artists.

rayallen0

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2011, 05:31:50 PM »
I lost a lot of respect for people in this thread.

When talking opinion, it doesn't make sense. A lot of you are hypocritical. For example if someone say Wu-Tang & NWA are the greatest Hip Hop groups ever, you'd say that person is knowledgeable. But if somebody signed up tomorrow & was like "Lil' Wayne is the best rapper ever. Carter III & Carter IV are classics!", you would all stick your nose up at them. In a sense, that's what Drake did here. Sure, he named some dope albums. But nothing he said was in the league of Illmatic or OB4CL or Me Against The World.

I guess Radiotube is a prime example. None of you guys respect his musical taste & explode in laughter of his infamous quote saying Gucci Mane has better albums of Illmatic. He finds that music dope.

Now if you didn't understand my point, what I'm saying is basically agreeing with Jay that there is such a thing as a stupid opinion. Drake just named some albums some of you like, so you guys give him a pass. But if he said Gucci Mane & Lil' B, you'd be all over him.

So you're saying anyone who doesn't have indisputed hip hop classics in their top 10 has a stupid opinion? You fall into that category for Budden being one of your favorite rappers. You're the guy who goes into threads saying you like Lil Wayne's music but can admit he's not that great a rapper. Its impossible for you to take Jaydc's side without ethering your own music taste.

Joe Budden is one of my favorite rappers. But I can admit the "regulars" in their prime were better. Same with Wayne. I can enjoy the music he makes, but at the same time in terms of Hip Hop, I can recognize that it's not good Hip Hop. Wayne makes enjoyable music for me, but he's not a great rapper.

I'm not in there throwing Padded Room & Carter III in the greatest albums of all time.
FAVORITE not GREATEST. pretty easy distinction

rayallen0

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
^But like I said, if you asked Radiotube his favorite albums & he said Gucci Mane's, Lil' B's, Waka Flocka's & OJ Da Juiceman's, you'd have a problem with it. It's hypocritical. You just happen to like the albums he named so you gave him a pass. But in the end, he has a stupid opinion.
...no...i dont care what anybody likes...its not a stupid opinion unless they are trolling. If they say Gucci is better than Nas instead of saying they prefer Gucci then that's stupid

Not that you would have a physical problem with it. But you'd say,I "damn, you're retarded". Completely disrespecting his thoughts about it.
I seriously wouldnt..what music you like says nothing about intelligence you cant help what you like.

Not overall intelligence. But your musical opinion is shot if you're throwing the Ferrari Boyz as the best artists.
I won't take his suggestions for music...but doesnt change that his opinion is his...im not gonna berate him with insults....it's sad what it says about peoples fears of not being considered hip hop heads so they save Enter the Wu-tang, Illmatic, Liquid Swords, The Low end Theory & Midnight Marauders are their fav albums instead of listing the albums they most enjoy. I enjoyed the shit out of Blueprint 2 even though most people think it was a forgettable album but to me it was one of my fav jay-z albums. Someone doesnt like me for it then good for them. I don't know them and it's pretty sad that opinions mean that much to them.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2011, 06:14:28 PM »
I wish he had said The Black Album by Metallica. That would have been realy refreshing. (especially since it doesn't even make most Metallica boards top 5 Metallica albums)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »

Not that you would have a physical problem with it. But you'd say,I "damn, you're retarded". Completely disrespecting his thoughts about it.

I won't take his suggestions for music...but doesnt change that his opinion is his...im not gonna berate him with insults....it's sad what it says about peoples fears of not being considered hip hop heads so they save Enter the Wu-tang, Illmatic, Liquid Swords, The Low end Theory & Midnight Marauders are their fav albums instead of listing the albums they most enjoy. I enjoyed the shit out of Blueprint 2 even though most people think it was a forgettable album but to me it was one of my fav jay-z albums. Someone doesnt like me for it then good for them. I don't know them and it's pretty sad that opinions mean that much to them.

Not really. Those are just the best albums, so naturally they should make the list. Nobody is trying to look credible, they just aren't stupid.

But you're the same nigga who use to make 100 threads about "what's the best ____?" & all the options were classic 90's East Coast music. So you're a hypocrite.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
Can't say it really surprises me, this is Drake we're talking about.

rayallen0

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2011, 07:23:45 PM »

Not really. Those are just the best albums, so naturally they should make the list. Nobody is trying to look credible, they just aren't stupid.

But you're the same nigga who use to make 100 threads about "what's the best ____?" & all the options were classic 90's East Coast music. So you're a hypocrite.
lol again saying intelligence is related to music. You obviously enjoy Joe Budden more than most but would be afraid that it isnt top 5....yes years ago i made those threads. I have matured and actually grew my bad. Music appeals to different people so if all this shit = top 5 automatically it gets rid of any actual interpretation of music which is what makes it so great. I'm sorry you dont relate to your music or feel something special to it, instead you just look at it technical and take all the passion out of it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:25:50 PM by rayallen0 »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2011, 08:58:41 PM »

I'd laugh yeah, but I would be all over his posts, spamming him. I'd let him suffer with that shitty music alone.

kemizt

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2011, 10:26:21 AM »
i think his list is indicative of the era he grew up in so i aint made at him...being that we're almost a decade apart in age i wouldnt expect it to match my list or any one else's in my age group....did anyone really expect dude to say illmatic or OBFCL? if he had named albums to that effect i woulda called bullshit as it being a 'safe' answer from him

I don't buy this kinda thing. If you only listen to music that came out while you were growing up, your opinion is irrelevant. Some of my favorite music is decades older then me. It just shows you have limited taste and lack perspective. If a little brother mixtape is better then illmatic,The chronic, doggystyle etc your a fucking idiot.That's not even getting into other genres.

Drake has always mentioned how much of an influence Phonte had on his style and his career. I'm assuming that the memories and effects these albums and that mixtape have had on him obviously effected him more than any other albums. You can't hate on someones opinion, because it's just that, an opinion, makes you come off like an elitist cock.

I know a head who says that "Street Hop" is his favourite album of all time, and this cat lives hip hop through and through. People give certain albums an emotional attachment due to the time period they were listening to it and what they were going through, you may not agree with someones opinion but you have to respect it for what it is. Drake isn't saying these are the best albums of all time, they are HIS favourite albums. Get off your high horse.

Preach!

Example, if i made my own favorite list, Cam'rons Purple Haze would be on there. That album came out when i got my first car and me and my homies were always out in some shit. We were 17 so we were just on rhe verge of adulthood. That album always takes me back.

Theres a difference between favorite and greatest. And quite frankly i respect the artist that dont give us the same old list.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »
I lost a lot of respect for people in this thread.

When talking opinion, it doesn't make sense. A lot of you are hypocritical. For example if someone say Wu-Tang & NWA are the greatest Hip Hop groups ever, you'd say that person is knowledgeable. But if somebody signed up tomorrow & was like "Lil' Wayne is the best rapper ever. Carter III & Carter IV are classics!", you would all stick your nose up at them. In a sense, that's what Drake did here. Sure, he named some dope albums. But nothing he said was in the league of Illmatic or OB4CL or Me Against The World.

I guess Radiotube is a prime example. None of you guys respect his musical taste & explode in laughter of his infamous quote saying Gucci Mane has better albums of Illmatic. He finds that music dope.

Now if you didn't understand my point, what I'm saying is basically agreeing with Jay that there is such a thing as a stupid opinion. Drake just named some albums some of you like, so you guys give him a pass. But if he said Gucci Mane & Lil' B, you'd be all over him.

So you're saying anyone who doesn't have indisputed hip hop classics in their top 10 has a stupid opinion? You fall into that category for Budden being one of your favorite rappers. You're the guy who goes into threads saying you like Lil Wayne's music but can admit he's not that great a rapper. Its impossible for you to take Jaydc's side without ethering your own music taste.

Joe Budden is one of my favorite rappers. But I can admit the "regulars" in their prime were better. Same with Wayne. I can enjoy the music he makes, but at the same time in terms of Hip Hop, I can recognize that it's not good Hip Hop. Wayne makes enjoyable music for me, but he's not a great rapper.

I'm not in there throwing Padded Room & Carter III in the greatest albums of all time.

So in your eyes every rapper that's gotten acclaim is better than your favorite rapper? Way to have faith in your own music taste  :laugh:

Bottom line, if you don't absolutely love an album, what's it doing in your top 10? I know for a fact that you and Jaydc don't fuck with every hip hop classic. I guarantee there's a few albums that you've listened to and didn't understand what's so great about it. The same can be said of anyone.

I fuck with Masta Ace because I believe his music is the shit. Yeah he's probably the least known member of the Juice Crew. But in my eyes he's the best out of them. So sue me if I get more out of his discography than I do Big Daddy Kane's. I'm not saying you can't think someone else's music taste is wack. But it should be because you think the music itself is wack, not because they mentioned 5 albums you like instead of the top 5 albums white hip hop journalists write about in nostalgia pieces. Develop your own taste and stop being a sheep.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2011, 03:21:33 PM »
far too many people pretend that they "did their time" and got into all the classic rap albums of the 80s & 90s but i bet you theyd struggle to even name a song from kane, tribe etc. just because something is universally recognised as classic they feel that got to say they like it, even if they dont listen to it. altho i dont fuck with drakes music i respect his list because its REAL, its what he likes not just what everyone else says is classic

BIGWORM

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2011, 12:29:55 AM »
lord willin is in my top album list classic...