Author Topic: Nas interview with allhiphop.com  (Read 152 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nas interview with allhiphop.com
« on: January 24, 2003, 05:53:44 PM »
AllHipHop's Ill Community Asks, Nas Answers:
By Jigsaw

AllHipHop: Our man B-A wants to know if you would you consider releasing your rare material similar to the way you did with Lost Tapes?

Nas: It's another Lost Tapes coming out next year

AllHipHop: Ok, Piano Santana wants to know did you squash the radio beef to sell more records?

Nas: No they squashed it with me to play my records. That's the God honest truth, my album is totally not radio.

AllHipHop: Lou Dawg wants to know do you see yourself working with any of the people you have feuded with?

Nas: Yeah, if we can come to an agreement on terms, I want real niggas to do real things. We could dedicate the whole album to every ghetto in the United States Of America, lets deal with home first. We could dedicate the proceeds from the record sells to each community in it's own way. To the schools so they can have computers or whatever we could do to help our community and show unity in HipHop.

AllHipHop: I guess this next one kind of plays into that last question. Chris Brown wants to know why didn't you except Jigga's charity Pay Per View offer even when you feel you can murder him lyrically?

Nas: It had no meaning, it was Don King calling me, when Don King calls you it's almost a joke and when you're a rapper it's a joke. At that point in my career more than my mom and going through it, trying to build my label and my own mission it's cool. Jay is already established with his record label even though it's falling apart and with his empire to the point where all he had left was please Nas come shine some light on my career. Meanwhile I was the victim so as a victim moving on to the next level after you defeated the other champ you don't just go back you have to build up. You have to get your architects ready to put together your empire. So I was busy putting together my empire. Why would I come and do that over again because he lost, would he have done it for me?

AllHipHop: This is kind of funny one, you can choose not to answer it if you don't want. H.N.I.C. says, Do you think that Foxy is sounding too much like Jay-Z these days?

Nas: Yeah I do.

AllHipHop: GeeSpot wants to know, How many more albums are to come and do you plan to retire?

Nas: I don't know, I love music and at this point I don't know. God Son to me is my best sh*t and I'm feeling the vibe because now I know I'm in the forefront and I want to keep taking it there. People are so scared of real music. You know who love, I love Ceelo 'cause he's a true artist. People are scared to get into that, they scared to love it unless the whole block loves it. People don't have a mind of their own so I'm trying to daringly take people into a place that they don't know anything about, a album that aint for radio, an album that deals with truth and not just bragging.

AllHipHop: We did our year end and so on, and we couldn't even muster up that much stuff to even put in the best albums of the year. Do people even know good music when they hear it to you I don't know if they do, me personally.

Nas: I mean you should but, after awhile you tend to turn into a critic 'cause the radio and dictates what's hot. So we really don't have much of a mind of our own when 106 & Park stays on 24/7 not condemning them, I love 106 & Park I'm just saying that videos and radio dictates to people what they should like.

AllHipHop: Steels wants to know if there is beef between you and Pete Rock?

Nas: Nah I said some things about the dude because I was trying to get him on Stillmatic and he was acting scared. He had so much to say discrediting my It Was Written album 'cause he wasn't on it, but when I reach out to him the mutherf*cker act scared. I support him and CL smooth if they back together but, I call a spade a spade.

AllHipHop: Dee-Licious wants to know if you and Kelis are an item?

Nas: That's my baby.

AllHipHop: Is that true yes or No?

Nas : Yea that's my girl

AllHipHop: How did yall hook up?

Nas: I can't, not right now. I can't get into all that. I will say we found each other at the right time and we've been looking for each other for awhile

AllHipHop: She also wants to know do you feel like you contradicted yourself with regards to hot 97 considering the fact that basically, not in a career perspective just with that because of what you said people feel it's true.

Nas: Right, my thing is to show them the truth and be their voice and that's what I'm going to do. My point was to get them started, I'm not going to be in this sh*t by myself start a revolution so my own people can take me out and shoot me down like they did other black leaders. I know what the future is for me when I stand alone, so I have to play it in a way people keep following what I'm doing and you'll see my total mission, I'm not done. Sometimes you have to say that 'cause I expect them to think it and know it already but I got to let them know 'cause sometimes they don't know.

AllHipHop: The last question I have from Dee-licious and I wanted to end it on this note. She wanted me to ask you, do you know you're an inspiration to millions.

Nas: Absolutely and because of that they fear me. Radio, Video, HipHop community, rappers, I'm feared and I know that and I know what that is, because of it a lot of people are going to try to make me out to be contradicting myself like I'm the Pope or I'm Jesus himself or I'm Mr. Perfect. I'm not f*cking perfect, for people to start like that is a little, asinine but it's all good because what I'm doing in the whole scheme of things they are paying attention to good I'm doing, they are paying so much attention to it that I'm truly blessed and I hope that there's more niggas like me when I'm gone. Too many fake motherf*ckers is in the game and too many young motherf*ckers believe they hype.

AllHipHop: A lot of people that I know rhyme, but it seems like it's hard for any real MC to get any burn in the industry right now. It's so watered down, it's so fake, everybody's superthug or super wack or super promoted so the real MC's can't really seems to break through the industry and the corporate aspect of it, what's your advice on all that.

Nas: That was my whole fight with Hot 97, My whole fight was give a real nigga some burn. HipHop used to be when I listen to WBLS and 98.7 we didn't know who these artist they were playing, the DJ just loved and respected that there was a new record out. The listener may not like it at the moment but, we had to deal with it together. The game became so political that I said f*ck radio here's a song that ain't got nothing to do with a famous bitch on the hook or nothing. I made you look, they shootin' motherf*cker, Got yourself a gun motherf*cker, one mic. Let's take this sh*t back to our own hands and say why I got to do it like this, why I got to make you dance in order for MTV to like me. Who set that standard, what the f*ck I need to do that for so by me wildin' out in Hot 97 embracing my street pride to hopefully open doors for street music to come back 'cause it ain't about rapping, let's bring the Street Hop back, let's bring creativity back. That's what I fought for and by them playing made you look, the motherf*ckers that put out the commercial sh*t is buggin' out right now. Look closely at what I done, they played Made you look without me asking them to.

AllHipHop: I have a personal concern, I don't have any children but, it seems like a lot of rappers are mentioning people kids in they rhymes.

Nas: That's why I'm talking about peace because if you got real talent your going to shine without dissin' anybody. I'm about peace, it's too easy to wild out. It's hard to make peace, let's make motherf*cking peace. If niggas was real niggas let's make peace and respect each others music, respect each others person and open up the doors for young brothers like yourself and other MC's trying to get in the game like it was in the 80's. Master Ace had to start off rhyming with big dogs to the point where I respected his craft, he was a real MC like where's the real MC's at. Let's embrace each other and understand each other so were not hating each other so much. Every nigga hate each other, I love every rapper in the game from Busta to Eminem to Benzino to Jay to 2Pac to Biggie to everybody to Jam to Nelly to NORE to Outkast, I love all these niggas and we need to get together this year or next year go away and have a great motherf*cking time together and start our own radio station.

AllHipHop: What's the future for Ill Will records, where do you want to take that? And where do you want to go as a business man?

Nas: Right now everybody and they mothers have labels so now my niggas is coming out. Bravehearts is coming out, Nashawn is coming out and Lake and he has his own label where we working together, it's a tight family right now,I'm going to expand.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Nas interview with allhiphop.com
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 05:57:15 PM »
This is a pretty shitty interview but the one thing that actually hurt me was this:

Nas: Nah I said some things about the dude because I was trying to get him on Stillmatic and he was acting scared. He had so much to say discrediting my It Was Written album 'cause he wasn't on it, but when I reach out to him the mutherf*cker act scared. I support him and CL smooth if they back together but, I call a spade a spade.

I remember Pete Rock saying in an interview that he wished Nas had reached out to him for some beats on It Was Written and that he didn't like some of the beat choices on that album.

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Pete Rock and these two would be butter together.   :'(

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Nas interview with allhiphop.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 05:24:52 AM »

I remember Pete Rock saying in an interview that he wished Nas had reached out to him for some beats on It Was Written and that he didn't like some of the beat choices on that album.

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Pete Rock and these two would be butter together.   :'(

That set me back a bit too, but I reckon in time they'll hook up again, but it's not only Nas, I mean he did try to get him on "Stillmatic"  :-\

I wonder how him being with Kelis will effect his situation with Puffy, I mean ain't she signed with Bad Boy now?

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.