Author Topic: With wale on pace to do 200k, I have to give Ross his props  (Read 673 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
With wale on pace to do 200k, I have to give Ross his props
« on: November 05, 2011, 12:48:31 PM »
Ross still sucks as a solo artist, with a monotone delivery, no varied subject matter and albums that put me to sleep after two songs but as a bawse he deserves kudos.

I've always liked wale bought ad which I thought was criminally underrated. Always thought he could be a big artist given time. When he dropped ad he had no real fan base, so the sales sucked. For most artists those kind of sales would be a wrap on your major label career. But he kept grinding and building his fanbase, constantly touring. Don't underestimate how much that roc nation/jay z co sign helped him build said fanbase.

But Ross saw this and made a smart signing. He gave wale that extra push, threw him a few new fans and now wale is on pace to do bigger first week numbers then any Rick Ross album has ever done. They say the sign of a good rapper/CEO is someone who can  put their ego aside and sign someone who can be bigger they are. Not only that but releasing him before meek mill was smart because I honestly believe meek wont do over 50 k. So that gives mmg a good look on their first solo album numbers. I feel that way about meek because gangsta rap sales are dead

I had my doubts but it's a great start for his label. I'm not aboutto crown them but let's see how it turns out

Lunatic

Re: With wale on pace to do 200k, I have to give Ross his props
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:52:21 PM »
Yup

And I guarantee Ross' new album does around 300K first week. He's bigger now than ever before.

I like Pill & Meek but don't think they can do big numbers.. Curious to see what happens there..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »
I think he does 150 k. He has his fan base, but I don't seem him being any bigger then he is. He's extremely limited as a solo artist. From port of miami to Teflon don, he's still got the exact same content. He hasn't grown an inch.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 01:02:34 PM »
Rick Ross is so bad.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »
Big William succs lyrically to me and tries to sell his fraud act as networth is lame, but I got to give him Props for giving his artist a chance and giving them legit mainstream shine.  I fucc'n can't stand the wale shit, but will believed in the equal and he's winning for it, I respect that. Take y'all west coast hero game, he then had 4albums and still not one bws feature in the mainstream and he's sold more records. So for that I salute will rob yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 03:49:21 PM »
How can you say Rick Ross hasn't grown an inch ? Subject wise ok but as far as an artist... he went from being a complete joke to improving drastically with each album. Listen to "I Love My Bitches" and listen to anything from Port Of Miami. The difference is crystal clear. As far as him rapping about the same shit over and over again. Mainstream rappers with super extended subject matter are more of an exception than a rule. I don't see nobody giving Pusha T shit about rapping about the same stuff over and over again. If the music is dope and it works, why not ?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »
na son, Rcik Ross is dope. i like his adlibs -- "hah"

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 10:27:16 PM »
I think he does 150 k. He has his fan base, but I don't seem him being any bigger then he is. He's extremely limited as a solo artist. From port of miami to Teflon don, he's still got the exact same content. He hasn't grown an inch.
You're crazy. No way Wale pushes more than Rozay. That's like expecting Lloyd Banks to outsell 50 Cent in 2003; He's not outselling the boss.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »
Meek will do 50K for sure or maybe even 100K first week when his album drops, his buzz over here on the east coast is unreal and he's already been buzzing over here even before the MMG signing anyway

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 11:21:39 PM »
How can you say Rick Ross hasn't grown an inch ? Subject wise ok but as far as an artist... he went from being a complete joke to improving drastically with each album. Listen to "I Love My Bitches" and listen to anything from Port Of Miami. The difference is crystal clear. As far as him rapping about the same shit over and over again. Mainstream rappers with super extended subject matter are more of an exception than a rule. I don't see nobody giving Pusha T shit about rapping about the same stuff over and over again. If the music is dope and it works, why not ?

The funny thing about Ross is that you can take any song he's ever made in his career & switch the verses to any three verses he's ever spit & you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Not only does he use the same flow, but he raps about the same shit.

I do have respect for Rick Ross for the fact if you look at all the songs he's known for right now, he's easily the worst part of the song, yet somehow gets credit because the song outside of him is dope. Like deadass in some cases the mixing & mastering is more impressive than Rick Ross.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 01:38:53 AM »
You're crazy. No way Wale pushes more than Rozay. That's like expecting Lloyd Banks to outsell 50 Cent in 2003; He's not outselling the boss.

If wale does 200 k he will have outsold every other Ross album in the first week.And Ross has been selling less with each album. And it's a totally different situation. Wale has a broader mainstream appeal and has tons of female fans. He's in a whole different lane then Ross

bouli77

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 03:38:06 AM »

The funny thing about Ross is that you can take any song he's ever made in his career & switch the verses to any three verses he's ever spit & you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Not only does he use the same flow, but he raps about the same shit.

lmao so true. in that respect,he reminds me of Too $hort and Spice 1.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 03:40:08 AM »

I do have respect for Rick Ross for the fact if you look at all the songs he's known for right now, he's easily the worst part of the song, yet somehow gets credit because the song outside of him is dope. Like deadass in some cases the mixing & mastering is more impressive than Rick Ross.

Again that can be said for so many mainstream rappers from Wayne to Jezzy, Drake, T.I., Snoop...I don't see why Rick Ross is such and exception that it has to be pointed out so specifically.

And what exactly are some of these songs you're talking about. Where he's most known for but others should be getting credit ?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 06:18:07 AM »
I see alot of hip hop aritists sales are frontloaded though, Wiz, Lupe and others did similar first weeks and have struggled to go gold with hit singles no less :-\