Author Topic: With wale on pace to do 200k, I have to give Ross his props  (Read 671 times)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: With wale on pace to do 200k, I have to give Ross his props
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 07:30:30 AM »
I couldn't give a fuck how much he sells, give me a decent album and thats all that matters. Not really anything we should even be discussing. This type of shit is for record execs to worry about. I'm not going to give a random rapper props because his album got the necessary radio play and promotion push to get sales. Because that's what it boils down to, promotion, and not quality.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »
How can you say Rick Ross hasn't grown an inch ? Subject wise ok but as far as an artist... he went from being a complete joke to improving drastically with each album. Listen to "I Love My Bitches" and listen to anything from Port Of Miami. The difference is crystal clear. As far as him rapping about the same shit over and over again. Mainstream rappers with super extended subject matter are more of an exception than a rule. I don't see nobody giving Pusha T shit about rapping about the same stuff over and over again. If the music is dope and it works, why not ?

The funny thing about Ross is that you can take any song he's ever made in his career & switch the verses to any three verses he's ever spit & you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Not only does he use the same flow, but he raps about the same shit.

I do have respect for Rick Ross for the fact if you look at all the songs he's known for right now, he's easily the worst part of the song, yet somehow gets credit because the song outside of him is dope. Like deadass in some cases the mixing & mastering is more impressive than Rick Ross.

Again that can be said for so many mainstream rappers from Wayne to Jezzy, Drake, T.I., Snoop...I don't see why Rick Ross is such and exception that it has to be pointed out so specifically.

And what exactly are some of these songs you're talking about. Where he's most known for but others should be getting credit ?

Not at all. Ross doesn't only rap about the same shit, but he sounds the same. All those guys you mentioned throw different flows on different songs. Shit, Drake sings on half his album & raps the other, it's not possible for those to sound the same lol. Then you say T.I.; he has those bangin' trap songs he throws as singles or throughout his album & then he has shit like "No Matter What", "Castle Walls" & "Live Your Life" (just off the top of my head) where he changes the message & shows a little diversity.

& Aston Martin Music was dominated by an amazing beat & one of Drake's better hooks, which was later added by one of Drake's better verses. He was on Wayne's single, John; where his first line coming in was "BIG BLACK NIGGA...!". Then he jumped on "I'ma Boss" which I fucking love with Meek's energy & that bangin' beat, yet Ross came through with some mediocre verse. Red Cafe's "Fly Together" gets major spins here in New York. He threw his wack shit on that hot beat. Ace Hood, Hustle Hard Remix with Wayne. 9 Piece with Wayne & T.I. "SHOEEEEEEEEE BOX, NO SHOES IN EM!".

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »
You might not like it but the majority of the people love Ross on these records.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »
You might not like it but the majority of the people love Ross on these records.

Which is why I gave him props. Because he's easily the worst part of all of them, yet somehow got credit because he slide right into all of them. Because I like all of those songs I just posted. Don't even mind Ross is on them. He's wack, but he fits in.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »

Which is why I gave him props. Because he's easily the worst part of all of them, yet somehow got credit because he slide right into all of them. Because I like all of those songs I just posted. Don't even mind Ross is on them. He's wack, but he fits in.

Networth
He's wacc but he doesn't disrupt a song at all I guess that's something that really should be applauded.
On another note how come when I ask ross fans (offline) to quote his bars all they know is a couple hooks and the real Noriega line? I'm just saying yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 11:29:36 AM »
I think he does 150 k. He has his fan base, but I don't seem him being any bigger then he is. He's extremely limited as a solo artist. From port of miami to Teflon don, he's still got the exact same content. He hasn't grown an inch.
You're crazy. No way Wale pushes more than Rozay. That's like expecting Lloyd Banks to outsell 50 Cent in 2003; He's not outselling the boss.

If wale does 200 k he will have outsold every other Ross album in the first week.And Ross has been selling less with each album. And it's a totally different situation. Wale has a broader mainstream appeal and has tons of female fans. He's in a whole different lane then Ross
Ross is bigger right now than he's ever been because the MMG brand is huge and he's the head of it. "God Forgives, I Don't" will sell at least 300K first week. We won't have to wait long for me to be proven correct about Ross outselling Wale  ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

jeanmiche777

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »

Disagreed. In that song Aston Martin Music, he should've done it solo. Everything about the song got that Rick Ross vibe. I like his music. He is probably my favorite mainstream rapper right now. And I think his lyrics right now are a little bit above average if you compare it to the mainstream. Rick Ross got so many haters, it's incredible. I guess he is a love/hate type or artist.

Some of my friends don't listen a lot to hip-hop, I told them to check out Teflon Don and guess what? 2 of them bought it. Pretty good album.

Al Bundy

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 08:06:59 PM »
wow a lot of ross hating going on in here. you guys make him look like mike jones or some shit  :laugh:

will check out the wale album

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 08:56:32 PM »
wow a lot of ross hating going on in here. you guys make him look like mike jones or some shit  :laugh:

Not that far a part in my opinion

kemizt

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 09:27:19 PM »

Not that far a part in my opinion

This

Al Bundy

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »
ehhh i can't name one memorable verse from mike jones. ross has killed a few tracks here and there

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »
Not only that, but Ross has proved longevity that Jones couldn't even dream of.

Ross came out about 6 months after Mike Jones did, and how much longer has Ross remained relevant? As others have stated, he's at his absolute top right now. I don't think the world of him, but I can't knock him, and he has improved drastically. Comparing him to Mike Jones just is false.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
Does Rick Ross have a standout verse, let alone a "memorable" one?

sav

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 06:46:05 PM »

Not again, come on. We already know you don't like him.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »

Not again, come on. We already know you don't like him.

So is that a yes or no?