Author Topic: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2827 times)

Leggy Hendrix

Re: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2011, 08:42:22 AM »
hows the Just Blaze track? only thing im interested in hearing off this

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
Just another failed troll attempt by gaycd. Wamp wamp

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »
clearly you don't know what a Pop song is do u smh?  i wish people would practice more self restraint in 2012 is all i gotta say.

this album was a play, it was a movie, it was a buncha love stories and soap operas tied together like a Monday Night Blockbuster Show on Cable TV in HD, 1080p.  that's what it was. 

This album is the anthem of simpin.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »
Backstreet boys and Britney spears were the "it" music at one point. But I'm sure it's just because they made hot music right meho?

Drake has more in common as an artist with Britney spears then he does hip hop. Good job, you share the same tastes as a 12 year old.  8)

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2011, 11:24:32 PM »
Really like the album, Drake reminds me of Kid Cudi in that he's not a great rapper/singer but he makes good music because he knows what his sound is and he's comfortable with that. Seen some people say that the production is weak, personally i like it because Drake gets drowned out by huge beats like as much as i love that 'Lord Knows' beat i don't think it fits Drake, he's better over toned down, more simple beats. Only things i don't like are Nicki Minaj feature cos she's trash, the Kendrick verse simply cos i think it's pointless and the Birdman track, it's average should've been replaced by 'Club Paradise'

People moaning about the album if you don't like it then just don't listen to it, pretty simple

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2011, 04:04:11 AM »
Yes they were it for their fan base, which is pop teenage crowd. When their music didn't meet their expectations anymore, they weren't anymore. Very simple logic.

Drake has more in common with Frank Ocean, Kid Cudi, B.O.B....again, nothing dramatic about it.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2011, 04:08:24 AM »
Lol @ at their music didn't meet expectations anymore. More like their fans grew up and realized the music was empty pop trash. The same things going to happen to drake, that's his fan base. Tweens.

And you've still yet to explain the majority comment. So because he sells a million copies that makes it the majority? Again, the majority of what? Rap fans? Because drakes fanbase is teenage girls not rap fans. And if em just moved four million and drake only did a million then that means not as many people like him. Hence, the majority aren't feeling him. I know you want that sheep herd to back you up but it's not working. It doesn't matter if he's bigger then other rappers that doesn't make it a majority. Because if you poll the population gauranteed more people won't like him then do.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:21:29 AM by Jaydc is back »

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2011, 04:10:26 AM »

The beat is actually brilliant. I agree with 'Makaveli's Food & Liquor' who said that it doesn't really fit Drake, but Just Blaze killed it with the usual epic sound.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2011, 03:14:28 PM »

The beat is actually brilliant. I agree with 'Makaveli's Food & Liquor' who said that it doesn't really fit Drake, but Just Blaze killed it with the usual epic sound.

I'm not really a fan of "Lord Knows".  It sounds too much like church music.  Ross' part was alrite tho, and both them nikkas ripped it

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2011, 03:21:43 PM »
I would call myself a Drake fan, I usually download all of his mixtapes, still bump So Far Gone and COmeback season, I usually check fan made compiliations etc. I think of him more as an RnB artist with a bit of rap flow and some good punchlines.

I also really like Thank me Later, but I have listened to this new CD twice now and I cant really find any songs I like. I was really looking forward to it as "Marvins Room, Im On One, Trust Issues, She Will" all had me excited for new Drake but this album is below average in my opinion.

Lunatic

« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »
I also really like Thank me Later, but I have listened to this new CD twice now and I cant really find any songs I like. I was really looking forward to it as "Marvins Room, Im On One, Trust Issues, She Will" all had me excited for new Drake but this album is below average in my opinion.
Not to be a dick, but how can you not find any songs you like when you like "Marvin's Room" and that's on the album lol..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2011, 05:19:57 AM »
i listen to it today..and its a pile of shit.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2011, 08:42:03 AM »
Really like the album, Drake reminds me of Kid Cudi in that he's not a great rapper/singer but he makes good music because he knows what his sound is and he's comfortable with that.

LMAO. Ill never understand when people say shit like this. Whats his sound? Homoerotic elevator fluff music.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2011, 08:46:18 AM »
Really like the album, Drake reminds me of Kid Cudi in that he's not a great rapper/singer but he makes good music because he knows what his sound is and he's comfortable with that.

Whats his sound? Homoerotic elevator fluff music.

LMFAO.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2011, 10:23:05 AM »
anyone shittin on drake gotta be shittin on pac as well...pac was the emo / captain save 'em poster child of hip hop...