Author Topic: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2828 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2011, 10:21:17 PM »
It seems hard to believe anyone would be buy albums. It would be so obvious. Somebody would say something like, "Hi, can I buy two hundred thousand copies of Carter IV?"?

Wayne has a fanbase like no other. I thought Drake would sell more, but he didn't. Also, if Wayne bought albums it's not like Drake didn't know that. & Drake was just going to sit there like a bitch & sell half of what Wayne did first week.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »
dont know why the fuck a record label or rapper would buy copies of their own release when they would be paying more than they were making off it

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »
When people like you say 631k is a failure, it proves how much sales mean this day and age.

If Wayne sold less than Drake and Nixki, his position would be tarnished.

I don't care what anyone says - I refuse to believe Wayne sold twice as much as everyone else when his singles and Youtube buzz is half as much as several other artists. He has a rep to live up to.

By him doing that, he can now go to any major concert venue (and I don't mean House of Blues type venues, more like Madison Square Garden venues) and get booked. Only Jay and Ye can command that kind of showcase, and now Wayne obviously.

With that in mind, the loss of 300,000 dollars (which is what it would amount to if they purchased an extra 250,000 copies themselves), it is a fraction of they amount they will make back in tour money and having Wayne tracks in commercials, video games, etc. It's actually a wise investment when looked at from that angle.

Yall can believe what you want, this happens in the record industry.

2Pac was twice as big as Wayne is now and he never came close to 1 mil in a week - even when releasing double albums that counted as 2 sales for each album sold. You can choose to look thru rose colored glasses or face the truth, makes no difference to me.

rayallen0

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2011, 03:35:39 PM »
When people like you say 631k is a failure, it proves how much sales mean this day and age.

If Wayne sold less than Drake and Nixki, his position would be tarnished.

I don't care what anyone says - I refuse to believe Wayne sold twice as much as everyone else when his singles and Youtube buzz is half as much as several other artists. He has a rep to live up to.

By him doing that, he can now go to any major concert venue (and I don't mean House of Blues type venues, more like Madison Square Garden venues) and get booked. Only Jay and Ye can command that kind of showcase, and now Wayne obviously.

With that in mind, the loss of 300,000 dollars (which is what it would amount to if they purchased an extra 250,000 copies themselves), it is a fraction of they amount they will make back in tour money and having Wayne tracks in commercials, video games, etc. It's actually a wise investment when looked at from that angle.

Yall can believe what you want, this happens in the record industry.

2Pac was twice as big as Wayne is now and he never came close to 1 mil in a week - even when releasing double albums that counted as 2 sales for each album sold. You can choose to look thru rose colored glasses or face the truth, makes no difference to me.
nobody goes sees an artist because of a number. Mac Miller & odd future sells out all their shows and they don't sell that. the general public doesnt give a shit about album sales. They care about what they hear. Maybe he would pay to get music on the radio or itunes features but buying your own albums is pointless

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2011, 04:11:35 PM »
You're missing my point. Mac Miller and Odd Future sell out small venues that fit 1000 people. Wayne will sell out venues that fit 20,000 people. Unless you have sales to prove that buzz, those big venues won't even give you a shot.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2011, 05:51:34 PM »
What singles did Drake have that you keep talking about? "Marvin's Room" & "Headlines"? I don't know if you're an old man who is out of touch with today's kids. But let me assure you that "She Will", "6 Foot 7 Foot", "How To Love" & "John" are a hundred times more popular.

& on top of that Lil' Wayne's fan base is that much bigger. I'd say 99% of Drake's fanbase are Lil' Wayne fans & were Wayne fans first. But not all of Lil' Wayne fans are Drake fans.

Not to mention, Wayne didn't actually sell a million. He sold like 950,000. Which is only 300,000 more. Add everything I said about & there is your difference. As for Nicki Minaj, I'm not even going to talk about her. She's got fans, but why you acting like guys are going out to buy "Pink Friday"? ???

Sure, she appeals to people that don't feel Wayne, but in return Wayne's male fanbase isn't going out to cop her album.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »
What singles did Drake have that you keep talking about? "Marvin's Room" & "Headlines"? I don't know if you're an old man who is out of touch with today's kids. But let me assure you that "She Will", "6 Foot 7 Foot", "How To Love" & "John" are a hundred times more popular.

& on top of that Lil' Wayne's fan base is that much bigger. I'd say 99% of Drake's fanbase are Lil' Wayne fans & were Wayne fans first. But not all of Lil' Wayne fans are Drake fans.

Not to mention, Wayne didn't actually sell a million. He sold like 950,000. Which is only 300,000 more. Add everything I said about & there is your difference. As for Nicki Minaj, I'm not even going to talk about her. She's got fans, but why you acting like guys are going out to buy "Pink Friday"? ???

Sure, she appeals to people that don't feel Wayne, but in return Wayne's male fanbase isn't going out to cop her album.

Further proof that YOU are out of touch - chicks are the ones who buy albums, point blank. I'd say it's even somewhere in the 70/30 ratio of females purchasing albums to males.

Hence the reason Wale couldn't sell a lick last time and this time he makes some songs for chicks, almost every chick I know likes Wale at this point and he sells nearly 10 times as much as he did last time (and that's with Lady Gaga on his single). J.Cole, 90% of his fanbase that BOUGHT the albums are females, strictly off that "Work Out" joint. If you appeal to the females, you will sell records.

The biggest artists that sell this year outside of YMCMB: Gaga, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Chris Brown - it ain't dudes purchasing these records.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »
I mean, girls guy female albums & Chris Brown & Drake. Guys buy basicially everything else but that. There is balance.

Wale didn't sell more than 250K because he's nowhere in the same universe as the guys at the top of the game in terms of popularity.

Young Old Head

« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2011, 05:31:12 PM »
i'm gettin tired of all this message board politickin... fuck sales period. the masses don't know shit about GOOD MUSIC... almost every fuckin artist can go gold as long as they got the right machine behind em + havin some kinda appeal won't hurt either. but all that doesn't mean shit...

Cash Money Blood Gang

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2011, 01:36:24 PM »
Wow, people haven't already forgotten about this album? I forgot about it while I was still listening to it for the first time.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2011, 10:02:28 PM »
Big Tymers' Hood Rich that debuted at #1 back in the day out of nowhere.

how is that coming out of nowhere...they just came off the strength of a double platinum album and the new single was number one off the new album and i remember they pushed that album hard promotionwise...

rayallen0

« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »
Big Tymers' Hood Rich that debuted at #1 back in the day out of nowhere.

how is that coming out of nowhere...they just came off the strength of a double platinum album and the new single was number one off the new album and i remember they pushed that album hard promotionwise...

there is no reason to talk to dude. He thinks girls actually look at sound scans to see an artist.

Drake was selling out stadiums before Thank Me Later dropped.
Wiz was also before Rolling papers dropped.

theory = fail.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2011, 08:26:51 AM »
I can really only listen to "Crew Love", "Take Care" & "Underground Kings".

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2011, 11:32:37 AM »
I still love it. The replay value so far, compared to TML, is incomparable. Only track I skip is Drake's verse on Lord Knows, he just gets overshadowed by the beat (should've been a Ross solo joint).

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2011, 12:56:05 AM »
underground kings, we'll be fine and about 4 other joints, where he is actually rapping are my favs everything else was mehh