Author Topic: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2829 times)

Lunatic

Re: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
I think this is a pretty dope album after three full listens. It feels like ONE project, it flows very well and has an extremely cohesive sound overall. That alone makes it better than his first album to me. I feel like "Thank Me Later" had more "standout" tracks (it's hard to pick what my favorite songs are here) but that's because "Thank Me Later" just felt like a collage of good songs where-as this really flows like an album should. It's like picking your favorite scene from a great movie overall, instead of a decent movie that had 2-3 fantastic scenes.

Don't get me wrong, I dig "Thank Me Later" but I think this is better.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »
If Kendrick just rapped like that more often I would really be in to his music..

This album is really weird.. just.. a weird sound and his different styles of singin/rappin all sound awkward on this.. productions are shit too..

Headlines is the best joint right behind Kendricks verse and Underground Kings

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 02:11:40 PM »
Quick ratings after one listen

Over My Dead Body - 4.25/5
Shot for Me - 3.75/5
Headlines - 4.25/5
Crew Love - 3.75/5
Take Care - 4/5 (gonna be a massive single)
Marvin's Room/Buried Alive - 4.5/5
Underground Kings - 4.25/5
We'll Be Fine - 4/5
Make Me Proud - 4.25/5
Lord Knows - 4.5/5 (GOD DAMN that Just Blaze beat)
Cameras/Good Ones Go - 4/5
Doing it Wrong - 4.5/5
The Real Her - 4.25/5
HYFR - 3.75/5
Look What You've Done - 4.25/5
Practice - 4/5

Will go more in depth with a review (and ratings will change) later.

do you just love every single album you ever bump?  ;D

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »
I think this is a pretty dope album after three full listens. It feels like ONE project, it flows very well and has an extremely cohesive sound overall. That alone makes it better than his first album to me. I feel like "Thank Me Later" had more "standout" tracks (it's hard to pick what my favorite songs are here) but that's because "Thank Me Later" just felt like a collage of good songs where-as this really flows like an album should. It's like picking your favorite scene from a great movie overall, instead of a decent movie that had 2-3 fantastic scenes.

this

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »

this

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 06:19:28 PM »
"and fuck u to tha niggas that think it's their time" "oh u think u a funnnnny guuuuy... don't make me break yo kevin hart Boy!"

random lines I typed while I was listening to it.... greatness.  A Canadian won't run Hip Hop but tha boy is just fuckin' nice, how about that?

and +25 for the "3 N Tha Mornin" sample at tha end of "Over My Dead Body".  I've been bumpin this album all day, love it so far.  His flow gets a little irritating on a few songs but it's ight.  

i think this is pretty good.  i mean what/how much do u expect from a Drake album other than good modern music.  a few drums on the instrumentals could've been Live but the production is crazy!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
^ It's funny because I feel like the two singles thus far "Headlines" & "Proud of You" are the two tracks that although I dig, kinda' sound out of place with the rest of the album. Don't worry about singles, those two are already huge and "Take Care" with Rihanna is gonna be massive.

I don't know. That song has no catchiness to it.

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 08:00:18 PM »
^ It's funny because I feel like the two singles thus far "Headlines" & "Proud of You" are the two tracks that although I dig, kinda' sound out of place with the rest of the album. Don't worry about singles, those two are already huge and "Take Care" with Rihanna is gonna be massive.

The hook is mad catchy.

Sikotic™

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 10:51:52 PM »
Better than his last album. I fux wif.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 12:00:42 AM »

The hook is mad catchy.

You thought the same about "Castle Walls", we'll see

MistaNova

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 04:02:35 AM »
After a couple of spins it's pretty good. Like his debut Drake manages to get the album to have a certain atmosphere from the beginning to the end, and it has a few gems here and there (which to me would be Shot For Me, Make Me Proud and a couple more). Sounds like his hooks got better even though he pretty much uses the same flow for all of his raps.
No major complaints except that Birdman just talking at the end of Well Be Fine wasn't needed and Rick Ross wasn't exactly necessary on Lord Knows either.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 07:30:20 AM »

The hook is mad catchy.

& "Lift Off". Yet to hear that song played on the radio.

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 09:09:21 AM »

The hook is mad catchy.

Huh? I never said anything about "Lift Off." I hated it from the moment I heard it.

Atlantic dropped the ball on not making "Castle Walls" a single. Would have DESTROYED radio.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 12:37:56 PM »

The hook is mad catchy.

Huh? I never said anything about "Lift Off." I hated it from the moment I heard it.

Atlantic dropped the ball on not making "Castle Walls" a single. Would have DESTROYED radio.

I dunno, the beat plodded along too slowly, kind of the same tempo as that track he had with Chris Brown, I am surprised they didn't push it though

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
that kendrick lamar verse is doo doo.