Author Topic: Slim The Mobster - War Music (Download)  (Read 2252 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Slim The Mobster - War Music (Download)
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »
I got tired of hearing Bishop attack hip-hop.  I  think he's a great artist but a lot of his raps are about how he hates what hip-hop has become. 

I never liked K.Dot but when he fliped into Kendrick Lamar I really got into him, especially since section80 where I think he just started growing into his own.

Slim is really boring and i've liked one track which is mutherfucking streets.  he might be good but that mixtape isn't an example of it.

I Enjoy hayes and stat quo both of which have shown they can spit. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2011, 04:50:15 AM »
im surprised no one pointed out theres no aftermath logo on the backcover?

I'm confused by the whole situation. I mean is he coming out on Aftermath as a solo artist or not? Cuz from what i remember wasn't he signed as a writer?
he acts like hes signed to aftermath & ready to drop an album, im not sure if hes signed.

I'm confused by the whole situation. I mean is he coming out on Aftermath as a solo artist or not? Cuz from what i remember wasn't he signed as a writer?

It's a mixtape what does a logo matter? Lol
its matters because slim acts like he's on aftermath. bishop had the aftermath logo on a lot of his mixtapes, as they are official.
this just says gang module, so this mixtape is probably not an aftermath release

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2011, 11:25:35 AM »
i probably wont convince you, but stating that bishop lacks charisma just sounds silly. unless we're not looking at the same artist

what was so charismatic bout him?
"gimme pusssy, gimme money"
"gimme pussy, gimme money"
"gimme pussy, gimme money"

dude was a clown

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »
you dont like him, that's another story.

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »
wheres the hardcopy he was talkin about in that interview??? somebody hit up his twitter.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2011, 03:29:05 PM »
you dont like him, that's another story.

no,
i fucks wit bishop as a lyricsit, i dont like him any less than any other random ("insert") rapper.

but i dont find him charismatic, he's not Babe The Pig, Snoop, Wiz or 2pac
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:31:20 PM by Michael Madsen »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »

he acts like hes signed to aftermath & ready to drop an album, im not sure if hes signed.

He got a Dre feature on a tape and has been involved in a lot of the Detox leaks, of course he's signed to the Math, where did this latest conspiracy theory come from?

It's a mixtape what does a logo matter? Lol
its matters because slim acts like he's on aftermath. bishop had the aftermath logo on a lot of his mixtapes, as they are official.
this just says gang module, so this mixtape is probably not an aftermath release

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2011, 02:36:42 AM »
He got a Dre feature on a tape and has been involved in a lot of the Detox leaks, of course he's signed to the Math, where did this latest conspiracy theory come from?
a feature, so? dre like slim so that could be a favour.

sly and kobe have been involved with the reference songs too, that doesn't make them signed. slim may only be signed as a writer, like rebel said.

for a rapper with a future with mixtapes, it's sure is strange that there's no aftermath logo, don't you think?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2011, 03:09:56 AM »

sly and kobe have been involved with the reference songs too, that doesn't make them signed. slim may only be signed as a writer, like rebel said.

for a rapper with a future with mixtapes, it's sure is strange that there's no aftermath logo, don't you think?

He's said in multiple interviews he's signed, I just don't understand why you've created and decided to believe this crackpot theory. Has your hate for Slim got something to do with your love for Bishop? So now we just have to stop believing what people say even when there is nothing that points to the contrary? Smh. If Slim wasn't signed you can bet someone would have have said something by now. I'm not even gonna go back and forth with you on this, it's common knowledge.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2011, 03:23:02 AM »

He's said in multiple interviews he's signed, I just don't understand why you've created and decided to believe this crackpot theory. Has your hate for Slim got something to do with your love for Bishop? So now we just have to stop believing what people say even when there is nothing that points to the contrary? Smh. If Slim wasn't signed you can bet someone would have have said something by now. I'm not even gonna go back and forth with you on this, it's common knowledge.
slim has shown in interviews that he's an idiot, so i cant take his word for it. or do you believe that he's become a millionare like he claims? lol.

lol do you seriously believe i hate slim? if so, then you dont know what hate means. i think he's a mediocre rapper & he acts a fool in interviews, so i speak on it. nothing to do with bishop lamont, i was already doing this when bishop was still on aftermath. you can check my post archive.

you say you should believe what artists say in interviews, but a lot of times lies are told. take game for example, hes not on aftermath.

look, off course im just speculating. but again, i ask you isn't it strange that there's no aftermath logo on the mixtape?
aftermath is a mystery label, lets not act like everything is transparant. my bad if i'm wrong though
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:30:15 AM by From Dre-Day to Nate Day »

Mista Rosa

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2011, 06:35:09 AM »
Cool mixtape, I feel it.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Slee-Z

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »
I like the latter half of the tape, starting from Martyr.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »
I interviewed Slim the other day (dropping soon) and he said this War Music project had nothing to do with Aftermath it was all his label Gang Module.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2011, 02:56:47 AM »
I interviewed Slim the other day (dropping soon) and he said this War Music project had nothing to do with Aftermath it was all his label Gang Module.
i figured, that's what the logo said.

i guess its not a crackpot theory eh dubsmith?  :laugh:

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2011, 12:29:02 PM »
i figured, that's what the logo said.

i guess its not a crackpot theory eh dubsmith?  :laugh:

Like I said, it's a street album. It's obviously to help establish his label, has nothing to do with him being signed or not.