Author Topic: So Mac miller is on pace to sell 175 k  (Read 1102 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: So Mac miller is on pace to sell 175 k
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Daz doesn't flop. He makes all his own beats and has very little costs. He puts out albums because he makes money. But if someone on a major label does his numbers that's a flop and their going to be in debt and never heard from again.

You obviously missed the point. If budden had sold he would be a different artist. Therefore the sales or lack there of mattered. How's that go over your head?I was merely giving an example of where someone not selling had a positive impact on them.But that's extremely rare.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »
hm and asher roth should start a group together.

WWA

wiggers with aspirations

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 11:07:27 PM »
Daz doesn't flop. He makes all his own beats and has very little costs. He puts out albums because he makes money. But if someone on a major label does his numbers that's a flop and their going to be in debt and never heard from again.

You obviously missed the point. If budden had sold he would be a different artist. Therefore the sales or lack there of mattered. How's that go over your head?I was merely giving an example of where someone not selling had a positive impact on them.But that's extremely rare.

Daz had one successful album as part of a group. The rest of his releases haven't sold shit. His solo on Death Row was a failure. His independent albums haven't sold shit. Where is this money he is making coming from? You're right in that his albums have very little costs. And the point is that if Daz can put albums out, so can every other indie artist. I'm pretty sure most of these indie rappers have 9-5s like the rest of us. But yet they still put out music.

Fact: most of the music coming out doesn't sell. Compare the number of albums that are dropped to the number of albums that show up on the billboard. That pretty much kills your whole theory.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 11:27:20 PM »
Daz had tha doggpound album, was part of many other successful deathrow albums. Future doggpound albums like Dillinger and gotti sold well. His death row album went gold. Not to mention all his production credits. You can try to limit daz's success all you like but he was huge in his day.He still sells off his name alone. Other indie artist don't have a name recognition like Daz does.

Again I think your so caught up in trying to make a point against me your throwing out half baked thoughts. Who cares how many albums cone out? How many of them have more then one album? That's my point.Once that album does nothing they can't afford to keep going.

I really can't believe someone is trying to claim sales don't matter. It's called the music business for a reason.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 05:27:27 AM »
People on this forum are way too concerned with record sale numbers. Just listen to the music.

Or in mac Miller's case, don't...

hahahah class

i dunno why the fuck people are saying well done, wack artists from all genres sell records

WELL DONE BRITNEY ON YOUR NEW ALBUMS RECORD SALES!!! and dont say its cool cause hes independent. pit bull and lil jon went PLAT on an independent

No no, i'm saying well done because he beat the system, he did not sign!

he did what drake and wiz khalifa didn't have the balls to do.

i very much respect him for that.

wiz khalifa is signed to the same label as mac miller! lol

they just did a joint deal with atlantic for the album AFTER he built his mixtape buzz

Wiz released Rolling Papers with Rostrum/Atlantic.

That's the major label right there.

yeah exactly what i said, i DO know atlantic is a major lol. jeez people will say anything to fit their argument, you are just repeating what i said.

wiz built his own buzz, atlantic took over and helped rostrum distribute the album. you cant deny that, sure it may have helped sales but youre undermining what he did. i dont even LIKE wiz at all, but lets not pretend it was all due to being on a major. kush and og was HUGE, even tho i dont like it, it was hard to ignore and this was BEFORE atlantic.

so lets not pretend corny ass mac miller is somehow amazing just because atlantic didnt do a deal with him. all it means is white people (mostly college kids) like lame and corny rap and will pay money for it regardless of the  label. it doesnt cost a lot of money to market an artist over the internet anymore, and young people barely listen to radio compared to what they used to so being on major doesnt mean what it used to. the few people here who actually understand how the industry works will agree with this

you see southern rappers taking over the mixtape game and getting that show money with NO label. i dont see folks being impressed with that. white kids under the age of 18 are the largest demographic of record buyers, what is so impressive about capturing the suburban teen market? cause you KNOW all the other folks that bought it are just college kids too

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2011, 05:43:31 AM »
thanks Face, u basically just said what i said and wat everybody already knows (u hit it on tha nail too).  

but this is a JayDC thread, it's a buncha wigger-shit-fuckery.  never expect to learn anything or have a normal conversation with this pussy

watch them start praising Snack Booger now that he's sold a couple records.  i don't wanna be an Ass but it's like if you're white how do u not sell records; independent or major.  i hope they don't start tryna put whiteboys in the hood tho or start takin credit for shit they didn't do.  But that's not gonna happen.  Alchemist, Drake, and Eminem and a few others are exceptions.  They put out undeniable music and they take the 'race' factor out of Hip Hop becuz it's good music.  Gimmicks like this guy are just cash cows (seafood in this case). 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:00:51 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 11:30:27 AM »
I don't think you guys understand how ignorant you both sound. You niggas don't even know who bought the album. Until you show me album demographics, you really can't be acting like you're spitting facts. Although, you're both the same bitter nigga who is mad because you listen to awful Hip Hop that sells worse. :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
Daz had tha doggpound album, was part of many other successful deathrow albums. Future doggpound albums like Dillinger and gotti sold well. His death row album went gold. Not to mention all his production credits. You can try to limit daz's success all you like but he was huge in his day.He still sells off his name alone. Other indie artist don't have a name recognition like Daz does.

Again I think your so caught up in trying to make a point against me your throwing out half baked thoughts. Who cares how many albums cone out? How many of them have more then one album? That's my point.Once that album does nothing they can't afford to keep going.

I really can't believe someone is trying to claim sales don't matter. It's called the music business for a reason.

What did Dillinger and Gotti sell? How do you know his solo went gold? It doesn't show up in the riaa database and from what I read it sold 80k first week. That's a flop and probably why it was his last major release.

I'll say again. "Most of the music coming out doesn't sell. Compare the number of albums that are dropped to the number of albums that show up on the billboard. That pretty much kills your whole theory." And that's not new rappers putting out one album and quitting the game after failure. These are established indie rappers who have never sold shit, but keep putting out music. Mika 9 just dropped an album. J-Live just dropped an album. Roc Marciano dropped his debut last year that people loved, but I'm sure it sold nothing. But here he is this year still putting out music. Blu? Dude has dropped like 3 projects this year. I could keep naming names but what's the point? There's a thousand artists out there still putting out music that have never had sales.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2011, 12:33:49 PM »
dont daz own like a plant where cs can be mass pressed and and cased up and shit?

i read this in xxl many years ago...daz be saying all kinds of dumb shit but daz is masking cash...hes independant and does everything in house if he sells 20000 albums and gets back 4 dollars at least on each hes doing allright considering he does this a couple times a year.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 02:27:07 PM »
I don't think you guys understand how ignorant you both sound. You niggas don't even know who bought the album. Until you show me album demographics, you really can't be acting like you're spitting facts. Although, you're both the same bitter nigga who is mad because you listen to awful Hip Hop that sells worse. :laugh:

ok chammy you tell me who buys records. its well documented its mostly white teens that buy records. mac miller also captured the college kid market.

you really think anyone over the age of 25 is fucking with this music???

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
dont daz own like a plant where cs can be mass pressed and and cased up and shit?

i read this in xxl many years ago...daz be saying all kinds of dumb shit but daz is masking cash...hes independant and does everything in house if he sells 20000 albums and gets back 4 dollars at least on each hes doing allright considering he does this a couple times a year.

There's no way he's selling 20,000 copies. He can't even get that many youtube views for his songs.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »
I'm giving you clear concise examples of sales nattering and so far you've said nothing to kill the " theory". And it's not a theory it's a fact.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 04:34:35 PM »
Waka flocka and gucci are gimmicks. Rick Ross is a gimmick. I don't see you having problems with them. So why you mad? Just because their white? Your just a sheltered racist blogging from your mommas house Arthur.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
No major features mostly indy majority produced by one producer man I respect this craccer for that, Drake should have done this.

Now about the album, the shit is craccer'd out and wacc. Mac ain't bad flow wise but his overall material is trash on this album. His sales is from mostly lames and devils,but if he happy with the album mo power to em, but this flow shit is a got damn gimmicc now. Twista is turning over in his grave and he's yet to be deceased. Yell   
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 05:25:31 PM »
I'm giving you clear concise examples of sales nattering and so far you've said nothing to kill the " theory". And it's not a theory it's a fact.

I didn't see any examples....but I gave you like 5 rappers who don't sell but still have careers putting out music. That's 5 examples of rappers who haven't been affected by lack of album sales. There's hundreds more. What more do you want? Real life examples are the best proof there is.