Author Topic: So Mac miller is on pace to sell 175 k  (Read 1101 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: So Mac miller is on pace to sell 175 k
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 05:37:33 PM »
Joe budden didn't sell he was dropped. Young dro didn't sell he hasn't released an album since. Obie trices second album didnt sell he was dropped and hasn't released new music since. G units sales fell and 50 lost his label deal. Jim jones major label album flopped, he was dropped. Wales first album flopped he was dropped. Lil Wayne exploded in sales and now he brought drake and minaj into the game. Drake sells so he brings the weeknd into the game. If drake flopped he would have been dropped and you'd never hear from the weeknd. Chamillionaires second album flopped he hasn't done shit since.

How many more examples do you want?

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 05:47:08 PM »
Lol, I don't know how I missed it but you just said in your own words "That's a flop and probably why it was his last major major release" pertaining to Daz. 

So in your words you just admitted sales matter by saying Daz didn't get another major album because it flopped. If sales don't matter like you claim then why would he be dropped if he flopped

/thread

P.s. Daz released another major album on so so def.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 06:21:10 PM »
Box, Do Right And Kill Everything's album is practically produced by 1 Producer.  A white producer with MS at that (Blind Fury's brother). 

40>>>Boi1da

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 06:24:56 PM »
I don't think you guys understand how ignorant you both sound. You niggas don't even know who bought the album. Until you show me album demographics, you really can't be acting like you're spitting facts. Although, you're both the same bitter nigga who is mad because you listen to awful Hip Hop that sells worse. :laugh:

ok chammy you tell me who buys records. its well documented its mostly white teens that buy records. mac miller also captured the college kid market.

you really think anyone over the age of 25 is fucking with this music???

I'm not going to say who buys records because I'm not going to talk out of my ass. To say Black people don't buy Hip Hop albums is just a slap in the face to the genre. The people who made it don't buy it. & what does age matter? you weren't talking age. Are you implying every single person under the age of 25 is a White college student?

Look, you're an old bitter nigga from the South, you know nothing about the current generation. As someone who is living in this generation, Mac Miller has a more White fan base, that's a given, but plenty of Black people fuck with him. Just like plenty of Black people fuck with Eminem. Hopsin is a huge Eminem fan & you hear it through his music. For you & your friend or alias or whatever Radiotube is to you, to say that Black people don't buy music made by White rappers is insane.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2011, 06:27:45 PM »
black people buying mac miller records lmao

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2011, 06:28:28 PM »
thats whiter than carlton banks

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2011, 07:01:26 PM »
Box, Do Right And Kill Everything's album is practically produced by 1 Producer.  A white producer with MS at that (Blind Fury's brother). 

40>>>Boi1da

Again, I respect jew softy for that, his album has a great mood, but like mac I ain't braille the material, who is Drake gonna get killed without them snitching on him without fear of getbacc?
My reason for speaking on Drake tho is because he took that uni/cmb deal when he could have stayed indy and caked. Instead Mac has done it and his album success is gonna change how some do business. I prop him for that yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »
People on this forum are way too concerned with record sale numbers. Just listen to the music.

Or in mac Miller's case, don't...

People that pretend record sales don't matter are the same ones that never buy music.

Sales matter and they matter to fans. If an artist they love flops on a major their likely to get shelved and that fan won't ever get to hear  a new album. If an artist releases an album independently and it flops badly they won't be able to afford to continue their career.

Sometimes mediocre sales help an artist music wise. That first major album gucci album was loaded with major label forced collabos like usher and keyshia Cole. You think gucci fans wanted to hear that? Lol. His album didn't sell well so his next album none of those type of features were there.

Joe budden is the artist I love today because his major album didn't go platinum.

Quality music is great but if the sales suck it won't matter.

I've read a lot of bullshit and nonsense on this forum, but this comment you've just made is some of the worst. Not to mention how grossly incorrect and uninformed it is.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2011, 07:17:30 PM »
Then enlighten me oh wise one

I'm very curious as to what I said is grossly misinformed or incorrect.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:23:30 PM by Jaydc is back »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2011, 10:42:45 PM »
i wouldnt say selling poorly is a good thing for any rapper but sometimes leaks can spur album sales if the reviews is good.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2011, 11:56:49 PM »

That's probably the most absurd thing on this forum. When people say you're not right, but don't explain why.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2011, 07:06:03 PM »
Then enlighten me oh wise one

People that pretend record sales don't matter are the same ones that never buy music.

>>Rubbish. Record sales mean fuck all to me and I buy records, cds and vinyl almost on a weekly basis.

Sales matter and they matter to fans. If an artist they love flops on a major their likely to get shelved and that fan won't ever get to hear  a new album. If an artist releases an album independently and it flops badly they won't be able to afford to continue their career.

>>At no point have I ever cared about how much an artist I revere sells. I buy my album, I listen to it, I enjoy it. Thats my input in the financial section of things. Why is it my concern what another man earns?

As for the second part, that cannot be proved to be correct because there are so many examples for AND against. Its impossible to quantify so its a silly comment. To use one random example, Lil' B's debut full album sold about 1000 copies and was expected to sell ten times that minimum. He has one of the biggest followings in rap right now and it won't affect his career. This doesn't PROVE you wrong, though, its just one side of the coin. One album flop means nothing to an artist who will continue to create great music and enjoy it. The only type of artists that flops, whether it be on a major or independant, and doesn't continue in their rap career or attempt to bounce back is an artist that I should care about anyway. That shows a complete lack of passion and drive for their craft.

Sometimes mediocre sales help an artist music wise. That first major album gucci album was loaded with major label forced collabos like usher and keyshia Cole. You think gucci fans wanted to hear that? Lol. His album didn't sell well so his next album none of those type of features were there.

I don't think Gucci Mane's fans are the type of guys and girls who have opinions ANYONE should give two fucks about. Neither you nor I. I honestly wouldn't have thought he has the type of fan who considers himself too much of a purist to listen to a track listening to Keyshia Cole though. But this point isn't really that relevant.

Joe budden is the artist I love today because his major album didn't go platinum.

Joe Budden can suck my hairy swingers for being the dull cunt he is today.

Quality music is great but if the sales suck it won't matter.

THE MOST RIDICULOUS STATEMENT ON THIS FORUM TODAY. You have just stated that if someone releases a great album, but it doesn't do good numbers, then its NOT a great album. Utterly fucking ridiculous. There are so many hip-hop classics over the past 20 years that didn't sell great numbers but because of how good they are they are revered by many. An album is defined by its content, not by its ability to be sold. The music BUSINESS and music itself are two entirely different things, and if that really needs explaining to anyone on this forum then I don't really know whether its worthwhile even continuing the conversation/debate.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »

That's probably the most absurd thing on this forum. When people say you're not right, but don't explain why.

Don't jump the gun. I have replied.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »
I never said anything about the album not being great just because it didn't sell. I was saying that album will be forgotten and lost in the pile.Shit look how many albums spice 2 is in love with that will be forgotten in three months because the sales sucked. Meanwhile Carter IV was mediocre but will be remembered because it moved units.

And just because YOU don't care doesn't mean others don't. Because many do care about sales.

I almost spit my drink out about lil b. An artist with huge followings don't move 1000 units, so just stop that nonsense right now. Lil b was a novelty act and since his album flopped nobody has been talking about him. His novelty has worn off and people are already forgetting about him. If his album had moved big units he would be all over the place. But it flopped and you'll never hear shit from him again.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »
wow white people on here say nigga freely behind they computers..i mean come on let it go.shits sad.