Author Topic: Dr. Dre (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Game) - Compton City (Prod. Just Blaze) [INFO]  (Read 4657 times)

Okka

Dr. Dre on a Just Blaze beat? Hopefully this will happen.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
I just don't get why Dre ain't doing any of the production? Like i know he might be still be mixing joints but it's like damn you ain't a rapper and now you ain't even producing, so what is it you do?

Props for giving us the news though the only issue is when are we going to hear these joints and are they dope..

TRG

;D

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Woah. Great news  ;D Can't wait to hear this baby...

I guess Xzibit was right...when Dre has completed the intro and skits, it means it's about ready to be released. 8)

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
At least the song seems to exist.

Last December:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9490/newpicture4j.png

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
As good as this looks on paper its fuckin ridiculous he's not producing his own shit, on one of the most hyped albums of all time. Still, it shouldn't really come as surprise if you've been following Detox since it's early days (02-05) when every possible producer was talking about having a song on there. I guess most people just thought Dre was going to completely re-do the beat or not use it, but in 2010/2011 we can see that he hasn't really been producing his own shit for years now.

And it's fucked up too, because theres been countless amounts of leaks and studio clips (mostly the ladder) that prove he can still put together some insane shit, and even albums (Relapse). Take Topless, that Hey Young World song, 2 or 3 of those in-studio clips with Slim The Mobster, and a few others from over the years, and i'm sure you'd have Detox material.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:55:30 AM by TDOT »

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

this is startin to get ridiculous

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I just don't get why Dre ain't doing any of the production? Like i know he might be still be mixing joints but it's like damn you ain't a rapper and now you ain't even producing, so what is it you do?

Props for giving us the news though the only issue is when are we going to hear these joints and are they dope..
yeah hes just a performer now, bad idea for a final album.

As good as this looks on paper its fuckin ridiculous he's not producing his own shit, on one of the most hyped albums of all time. Still, it shouldn't really come as surprise if you've been following Detox since it's early days (02-05) when every possible producer was talking about having a song on there. I guess most people just thought Dre was going to completely re-do the beat or not use it, but in 2010/2011 we can see that he hasn't really been producing his own shit for years now.

And it's fucked up too, because theres been countless amounts of leaks and studio clips (mostly the ladder) that prove he can still put together some insane shit, and even albums (Relapse). Take Topless, that Hey Young World song, 2 or 3 of those in-studio clips with Slim The Mobster, and a few others from over the years, and i'm sure you'd have Detox material.
the short youtube clip from 2010 that was posted here recently was nice

this is startin to get ridiculous
starting? ha.

cyence

• 'G'
I dont get it, who wants to hear Dre songs that's just him rapping over other people's beats? No one cares about Dr Dre the rapper. I figured there would be outside producers here and there with Dre co-producing, but this would make 3 officially released tracks with no Dre production at all

jman91331

I still have a feeling over half the joints on there will be Dre produced, while the rest will be by producers that he's feelin right now. 

GangstaBoogy

As everyone else has already said...why isnt dre producing? This dude spent 10 years to be just a rapper?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Stan

I want t get my hands on that song they hyped up for the Pacquiao fight in the spring.  Did that ever leak?  That was awesome  8)

EDIT: What does he mean when he says "Firestarter" has been sent to Interscope at their request?  Is that another single or what are they requesting...?  For the few people that know what it means let us know hahah
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:53:44 AM by Stan »

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
^ will just be another song, probably means theres some activity on detox

However people,  the second post sounds like bullshit, if game was on the single blaze would mention it also,.. think someones just speculating shit based on some photos

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I want t get my hands on that song they hyped up for the Pacquiao fight in the spring.  Did that ever leak?  That was awesome  8)

EDIT: What does he mean when he says "Firestarter" has been sent to Interscope at their request?  Is that another single or what are they requesting...?  For the few people that know what it means let us know hahah
there was only a snippet out there http://hulkshare.com/so9hjex95b8q
and this picture:

HighEyeCue

Just Blaze in 2011 > Dre in 2011

with that said I too want to hear all Dre production on his last album but this track could be very dope considering the parties involved