Author Topic: Dr. Dre (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Game) - Compton City (Prod. Just Blaze) [INFO]  (Read 4698 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
its just "beat by" just blaze and produced by dr. dre :)

i agree...i think dre is simply giving the beatmakers the production credit nowadays, whereas back in the day, warren g, daz, storch, elizando, mel-man, focus, etc. were the beatmakers, but dre was getting production credit, cuz once he touched a beat, he made it his own. dre's gotta realize that his name NEEDS to be in the production credits, cuz whether he's makin the beats or not, we know he's producing them, and he's been known as hip-hops greatest producer for some time......cut the experimental ish and take it back 2 tha basics.
i don't care how involved you are on a beat if YOU don't create that muthafucka from scratch to the final creation you may have produced it but essentially it's not your track and if that's how dre worked from the chronic until now he's not the greatest producer in hip hop. if prokeds create a sneaker and nike puts a check on the side that doesn't make it a nike sneaker.

dre does more than put a damn check on the side, trust that....he takes a basic beat, laces it, gives it life, makes it his own, takes it from decent to classic. thats why when u hear a dre production you KNOW it's a dre production...producing is a whole lot more than just beat-making. any muthafucka alive can make a beat...but to produce a track to perfection, making it sound like the classic shit dre has put out time and time again, only a few people on this earth can do that.
if that's the case why take someone elses basic beat and create when you should be able to create your own.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

i agree...i think dre is simply giving the beatmakers the production credit nowadays, whereas back in the day, warren g, daz, storch, elizando, mel-man, focus, etc. were the beatmakers, but dre was getting production credit, cuz once he touched a beat, he made it his own. dre's gotta realize that his name NEEDS to be in the production credits, cuz whether he's makin the beats or not, we know he's producing them, and he's been known as hip-hops greatest producer for some time......cut the experimental ish and take it back 2 tha basics.
i don't care how involved you are on a beat if YOU don't create that muthafucka from scratch to the final creation you may have produced it but essentially it's not your track and if that's how dre worked from the chronic until now he's not the greatest producer in hip hop. if prokeds create a sneaker and nike puts a check on the side that doesn't make it a nike sneaker.

dre does more than put a damn check on the side, trust that....he takes a basic beat, laces it, gives it life, makes it his own, takes it from decent to classic. thats why when u hear a dre production you KNOW it's a dre production...producing is a whole lot more than just beat-making. any muthafucka alive can make a beat...but to produce a track to perfection, making it sound like the classic shit dre has put out time and time again, only a few people on this earth can do that.
if that's the case why take someone elses basic beat and create when you should be able to create your own.

cuz thats what he does...not sayin he doesnt create some of his own beats from scratch, but a lot of the classic dre productions have been simple that beats producers would bring to dre. if dre was feelin it enough, he would take the simple loop and turn it into a classic beat. in essence, that is what producing actually is. layering the bass, drums, melodies, inputting his signature sounds, rifts, classic build-ups leading into the chorus- the overall crisp sound that gives the beat life and allows it to thump just right....this is what Dre does. if u heard a beat like "Respect" before Dre put his hands on it, you'd understand how much more work goes into the actual production part of things than the simple beatmaking. thats why most who have worked with dre and actually understand the musical aspect of things have said he is a genius and on a whole nother level....and the mufuckaz who dont know as much about music, like bad azz, think dre is stealing beats, when he is in fact producing them. why do u think daz, mel-man, storch have never been able to make a beat on the same level as Dre once they left his side? it's obvious. Dre is a musical genius. yes, he does make his own beats, but he is more focused on the production end of things, so a lot of the time he just lets his team bring him the simple drum patterns/melodies, and he laces 'em...simple as that.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

cuz thats what he does...not sayin he doesnt create some of his own beats from scratch, but a lot of the classic dre productions have been simple that beats producers would bring to dre. if dre was feelin it enough, he would take the simple loop and turn it into a classic beat. in essence, that is what producing actually is. layering the bass, drums, melodies, inputting his signature sounds, rifts, classic build-ups leading into the chorus- the overall crisp sound that gives the beat life and allows it to thump just right....this is what Dre does. if u heard a beat like "Respect" before Dre put his hands on it, you'd understand how much more work goes into the actual production part of things than the simple beatmaking. thats why most who have worked with dre and actually understand the musical aspect of things have said he is a genius and on a whole nother level....and the mufuckaz who dont know as much about music, like bad azz, think dre is stealing beats, when he is in fact producing them. why do u think daz, mel-man, storch have never been able to make a beat on the same level as Dre once they left his side? it's obvious. Dre is a musical genius. yes, he does make his own beats, but he is more focused on the production end of things, so a lot of the time he just lets his team bring him the simple drum patterns/melodies, and he laces 'em...simple as that.
i get what you are saying but based of what you just said well give the co production credit then. i've heard beats that was done by storch and mel man that sounded dreish without him even being involved with the track. peep the streets by w.c., living the life by prodigy & jadakiss feat. butch cassidy, blow ya mind by eve. mel man did a joint on music and me and he did the drums on bitch please. bad azz was just callin it how he saw it. snoop defended dre but the beats he gave snoop for blue carpet were tracks he made for others nothing from scratch.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:02:32 PM by Blue Magic »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

i get what you are saying but based of what you just said well give the co production credit then. i've heard beats that was done buy storch and mel man that sounded dreish without him even being involved with the track. peep the streets by w.c., living the life by prodigy & jadakiss feat. butch cassidy, blow ya mind by eve. mel man did a joint on music and me and he did the drums on bitch please. bad azz was just callin it how he saw it. snoop defended dre but the beats he gave snoop for blue carpet were tracks he made for others nothing from scratch.

see, none of them beats u listed are touchin the classic Dre productions, besides "blow ya mind" which WAS produced by Dre....sure, all them producers had beats that did sound very Dreish, but never could they perfect that sound like Dre could. if they could produce the way Dre could, they would all be doin it much bigger than they are now, yet most of 'em are nowhere to be found. no coincidence.

Sccit

and dre does give co-production credit, most the time...notice how "2001" credits say the whole album was produced by Dre AND Mel-Man. real shit.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

i get what you are saying but based of what you just said well give the co production credit then. i've heard beats that was done buy storch and mel man that sounded dreish without him even being involved with the track. peep the streets by w.c., living the life by prodigy & jadakiss feat. butch cassidy, blow ya mind by eve. mel man did a joint on music and me and he did the drums on bitch please. bad azz was just callin it how he saw it. snoop defended dre but the beats he gave snoop for blue carpet were tracks he made for others nothing from scratch.

see, none of them beats u listed are touchin the classic Dre productions, besides "blow ya mind" which WAS produced by Dre....sure, all them producers had beats that did sound very Dreish, but never could they perfect that sound like Dre could. if they could produce the way Dre could, they would all be doin it much bigger than they are now, yet most of 'em are nowhere to be found. no coincidence.
yeah but on the flipside dre don't sound the same either which is not a good thing.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
sorry but i'm tired of dr. dre. not in the sense of hearing him so much but we don't hear him enough and when we do the shit is sub par (lately). i'm not coppin an album from a person who not only doesn't write his own lyrics but is not even producin the shit (from what it seems). what's the purpose of buying the shit ?

uhmmm.... listening to good music?

yeah from a puppet. there is great music to listen to son but if you ain't writing it or producin it and you are producer. you might as well slap milli vanilli's name on it.

well...i don't care about the name if music is good. but this is me...

(it doesn't mean Dre should take credit for the tracks he hasn't made)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:57:26 PM by shoo »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
sorry but i'm tired of dr. dre. not in the sense of hearing him so much but we don't hear him enough and when we do the shit is sub par (lately). i'm not coppin an album from a person who not only doesn't write his own lyrics but is not even producin the shit (from what it seems). what's the purpose of buying the shit ?

uhmmm.... listening to good music?

yeah from a puppet. there is great music to listen to son but if you ain't writing it or producin it and you are producer. you might as well slap milli vanilli's name on it.

well...i don't care about the name if music is good. but this is me...

(it doesn't mean Dre should take credit for the tracks he hasn't made)

i meant that literally. to each is own but i work too hard to just buy anything for the sake of  another tryin to get a dollar.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I'm not even hyped for this album. It's over a year away. It's been delayed for over a decade; the fuck you niggas getting hyped for?

Wait, aren't you white?

LOL

LMAO

The fuck is so funny niggas? It obviously annoys the shit out of all of you considering every time I say it, that's the response. Jokes on you guys catching feelings.

You guys are idiots.

Sccit

^i really dont think anyones annoyed, they just laughin at u.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
cham you are my guy (no homo) but the "nigga" thing is way cheesy fam...it always reminds me of the clayton bigsby sketch on chapelle when hes like "did he call us niggers? cool!"

elior is a closet dre stan to the fullest he dont comeoff like nooc or any of them other fags but when the topic comes up nik is on it lol.

and this wouldnt be the first time over dre you put your kobe bryants in your mouth...other cats DID claim they worked on blow your mind.

dre is a one of a kind talent no doubt but that guys been on cruise control for over two years now.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i try not to engage in bashing people on this board lately but i'm a firm believer that if you are not black that n word should never come out your mouth.  i mean this is america and you have a right to say what you want but you might say it around the wrong person or people in the wrong parts of town and it could be lights out for you. i think black people have come too far to just let any individual(s) use the term just cause we as blacks use it. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I said it once for shits & giggles & NIK (upset over the fact he's afraid to say it) & some black people got upset. It's golden. You find it cheesy because you're not offended by me saying it, which is understandable.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i try not to engage in bashing people on this board lately but i'm a firm believer that if you are not black that n word should never come out your mouth.  i mean this is america and you have a right to say what you want but you might say it around the wrong person or people in the wrong parts of town and it could be lights out for you. i think black people have come too far to just let any individual(s) use the term just cause we as blacks use it. 

Preach, my nigga. 8)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

the white man coined the "nigger"-word, therefore i am allowed to use it...