4 (19%)
Bishop Lamont
7 (33.3%)
Memphis Bleek
6 (28.6%)
Loon
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: biggest career-fails ever?  (Read 498 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

biggest career-fails ever?
« on: November 11, 2011, 05:30:12 PM »
all  of em were under the tutelage of legends/bosses for a long time, n went NOWHERE, as soon as the ties were severed

not to mention the Outlawz/Thug Life and guys like Lil' Cease (Junior MAFIA), Peedi Crakk, Hot Rod, Goldie Loc, Kokane (signed to Eazy E and Snoop)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:55:01 PM by Michael Madsen »

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: biggest career-fails ever?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »
you only mentioned Bishop out of the 10 or so other Aftermath dropouts? Hittman? What about Rage and RBX? Everyone on the Aftermath presents? Pretty much everyone Dre has worked with except Snoop, Em, 50 and Game.

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:46:45 PM »
you only mentioned Bishop out of the 10 or so other Aftermath dropouts? Hittman? What about Rage and RBX? Everyone on the Aftermath presents? Pretty much everyone Dre has worked with except Snoop, Em, 50 and Game.

u have a point. theres alota of artists from the Aftermath presents compilatoin, n none of em saw the light of the day in teh mainstream.

but i picked Bishop, cuz dude had a huge buzz when he was signed (unlike Gage, Hittman, Brooklyn and the Aftermath-compilation aritsts etc), but as soon as he left the club, nothin.. Kendrick n Slim came along, n nobody will remember Bishop in 1 or 2 years.

Rage left the game freely, n RBX was always his own man.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 05:53:49 PM »
Young buck doesn't belong on this. His ties weren't severed and that's the problem. It's well known 50 cent is holding his career hostage and refuses to let buck go. He won't even allow buck to have guest features. So we don't know what he could have done.Personally I think he'd have a solid independent career if given the chance

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »
Out of this list I'd say Memphis bleek. Dude was handed a career and did nothing with it but fail again and again

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:12:16 PM »
didnt know about the hostage-situation wit Fif n Buck,,, lmao
 thats a boss-move. kinda like what CamRon did to Juelz Santana

some other artists --- guys like Cadillac Tah n Black Chiild (Murder Inc),, Ja Rule's n Irv Gottis artists. Ja Rule was the biggest hiphop-artist on the planet back in 98/99 (along wit dmx, jigga n cashmoney-artists), but his murder inc-soldiers failed terribly (except ashantii)

Lil C-Style -- doent realy count imo, cuz dude was never interestd in a rap-career, n picked the streets over the industry.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:13:53 PM by Michael Madsen »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »
Bishop. He isn't even alive anymore.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 07:25:38 PM »

u have a point. theres alota of artists from the Aftermath presents compilatoin, n none of em saw the light of the day in teh mainstream.

but i picked Bishop, cuz dude had a huge buzz when he was signed (unlike Gage, Hittman, Brooklyn and the Aftermath-compilation aritsts etc), but as soon as he left the club, nothin.. Kendrick n Slim came along, n nobody will remember Bishop in 1 or 2 years.

Rage left the game freely, n RBX was always his own man.

Hittman had a way bigger buzz than Bishop ever did. He was featured on most of the songs on 2001. Even got a spot on one of Dre's music videos. And has done absolutely nothing since. Bishop has dropped an album and a mixtape since he left and apparently was in some indie movie.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
If they dropped a hittman album after 2001 it was gauranteed to go platinum, where as bishop going gold would be an accomplishment

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 07:29:48 PM »
I wouldnt really say Memphis Bleek was a career fail, simply because the guy has done a whole lot better than he deserved anyway. He's had 4 (or is it five?) full major label LPs out of Jay-Z's mentorship, all of which are loaded with big name producers, guest spots etc. The guy has spent most of his career travelling the world as Jay-Z's hypeman on stage and probably enjoyed every second of it.

Without Jay-Z would he even have had one album out? I doubt it. So if I was Memph right now I'd be very grateful of everything I've achieved. I would highly doubt he's under any illusions that he doesn't owe Jigga his whole career. He knows this.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »
Memph and Buck have had pretty respectable careers. Bleeks dropped 4 or 5 albums or with decent sales. Buck had a Platinum and a Gold album, now 50's got his career on lock down.

I gotta go with Loon out of this list. The fact Bishop still hasn't dropped his debut is kind of depressing though, he had so much potential

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »
bishop lamont

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 08:34:34 PM »
Loon retired and became very religious and has never looked back. He walked away, that's not really a career fail

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »
Lol@my coast supporters, I mean come on how can anyone say bleek he got gold albums been on plat albums can tour with his equal hov, loon had a couple of hits and doing some networth black man shit. Bucc got a plat album ,badazz been on multi plat albums. Come on bill waltons lol yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

doggfather

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 02:53:26 AM »
Buck
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ