Author Topic: EFIL4ZAGGIN = most revolutionary album ever, based on production  (Read 491 times)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: EFIL4ZAGGIN = most revolutionary album ever, based on production
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 06:10:32 AM »
Niggaz4life was dope, but it was still just layered samples, mostly loops, except mixed huge...

That's why the Chronic is held in higher regard and considered the revolutionary one, because it was the first to
really go all the way with having so much of the stuff replayed, so it could be mixed with more clarity.
That was a technique that hadn't really be explored that much before then.

The other albums normally named as the big leaps in production are things like -

Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation (loads of little samples)
De La Soul - 3 Feet High (loads of samples from different genres)
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique (loooads of samples)
Ultramagnetic MCs (pioneered chopping, etc.)
A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory (whole album jazz style, incredible clarity, influenced Dre)
Pete Rock and CL Smooth - Mecca & the Soul Brother (lots of samples, subtle drum programming)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 08:28:14 AM »
not sure about the most, but it was ahead of it's time
indeed. i'm just sayin the chronic about two or more notches higher production wise.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
not sure about the most, but it was ahead of it's time
indeed. i'm just sayin the chronic about two or more notches higher production wise.

I think the production on Niggaz4life is better than the Chronic.. It's crisper and cleaner, something like a Michael Jackson album... It sounds more expensive.