Author Topic: 90's hip-hop Journalist Kevin Powell straight up dissed me on facebook, check it  (Read 4042 times)

bouli77

there's enough people mourning and rambling on about how everything was better in the 90's, and in the 90's everybody was complaining about everything being better in the 80's.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
No way homie, I definitely take it as a diss. 

I mean I was a true fan of his work, and I was even recognizing him as the best in his field for what he was doing.  And if you can't even say thank you or give the least recognition to that, then that shit is a straight up disrespect.

Im not going to diss him back because that would just be my ego talking.  I still have to appreciate him for what he's done and not diss him back just because he dissed me.  But I definitely lost respect for who he is now... but as for what he's done in the past I don't want to take anything away from him.
Well then you are the one CHOOSING to take it as a diss. He actually dropped a little knowledge your way and it seems you lack the maturity to now what to do with it.

Naw... I ain't taking none of the shit he said to heart, because the irony of it all was that my post on his facebook wall was just after he was posting up all this shit about Jazz music.

So this dude want to talk about Jazz music and Martin Luther King and the civil right movement all day and then call me out for being "stuck in the past", I don't pay that any mind.

And even more than that what he's saying doesnt make sense to me.  What bothers me is when people have no principals and don't stand for anything and they just follow any gay trend that comes along just cause it's the new thing.  If you like something and it works for you then why not keep doing it?

There's an African proverb that says, "If you try your luck and it works, don't try your luck just once, try it two times, then three times, then four times... and so on."

thats the shit i live by, you do what the fuck works for you
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
You're on Facebook, Brian? I'd say that's a trend...

You're a close minded fuck. The only trends you don't follow in this World are Hip Hop trends. Probably because you're too old to get involved & too into African culture to "disrespect" it by doing what the Africans you looked up to as a kid shun. Nas don't approve, so neither do you. You don't think for yourself. End of story. If you had the same mindset & were twelve years younger, you'd be posting videos of you Dougie-ing.

teecee

Infinite, you say more fucked up shit on here than pretty near anyone else, but in this case, yeah, his response was hella weird.  Whatever, keep it moving.  Dude was obviously having a bad day or something; what he said has merit, but not as a response to getting props.  You get a lot of flack Infinite, much of it deserved, but in this case, the responses from others on this board are a little off.

And Cham, now that you are as bad as 7even using the word "nigga", I can't take anything you say seriously.  I used to think was mostly cool, but maybe NIK was right after all (and that shit hasn't happened alot historically on this forum).  YOu say you say the word because of the reaction it causes...that is the most childish shit ever.  Grow the fuck up

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Infinite, you say more fucked up shit on here than pretty near anyone else, but in this case, yeah, his response was hella weird.  Whatever, keep it moving.  Dude was obviously having a bad day or something; what he said has merit, but not as a response to getting props.  You get a lot of flack Infinite, much of it deserved, but in this case, the responses from others on this board are a little off.

And Cham, now that you are as bad as 7even using the word "nigga", I can't take anything you say seriously.  I used to think was mostly cool, but maybe NIK was right after all (and that shit hasn't happened alot historically on this forum).  YOu say you say the word because of the reaction it causes...that is the most childish shit ever.  Grow the fuck up

Lol yeah pretty much agree on both.

MUHFUKKA

not a diss but i can see how a delusional person who says "i am 1996" like yourself would take it as one

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Triple OG Rapsodie

No way homie, I definitely take it as a diss.  

I mean I was a true fan of his work, and I was even recognizing him as the best in his field for what he was doing.  And if you can't even say thank you or give the least recognition to that, then that shit is a straight up disrespect.

Im not going to diss him back because that would just be my ego talking.  I still have to appreciate him for what he's done and not diss him back just because he dissed me.  But I definitely lost respect for who he is now... but as for what he's done in the past I don't want to take anything away from him.
Well then you are the one CHOOSING to take it as a diss. He actually dropped a little knowledge your way and it seems you lack the maturity to now what to do with it.

Naw... I ain't taking none of the shit he said to heart, because the irony of it all was that my post on his facebook wall was just after he was posting up all this shit about Jazz music.

So this dude want to talk about Jazz music and Martin Luther King and the civil right movement all day and then call me out for being "stuck in the past", I don't pay that any mind.

And even more than that what he's saying doesnt make sense to me.  What bothers me is when people have no principals and don't stand for anything and they just follow any gay trend that comes along just cause it's the new thing.  If you like something and it works for you then why not keep doing it?

It didn't cross your mind that maybe he likes the music out today? You made the mistake of assuming that just because he was a journalist during the 90s that must be his favorite period of music and he thinks everything else is weak. But if the guy was an adult during the 90s then more than likely he's not blinded by childhood nostalgia.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:22:23 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Well then why you catching feelings? That's FAR more childish than me exposing you for it; especially considering you're understanding my intention. Joke.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

It was kind of a douche thing to say, yeah. But why make a topic about it? The only reason you get so much hate here is because you always draw so much attention to yourself.

BiggBoogaBiff

I agree with Rap. Infinite made tha assumption that literally everybody or most people over a certain age only listen to a certain type of rap. That's what I was sayin tha other day, I think tha homer Infinite is a little confuse as to what is and what isn't.   At least he respects tha game 4 tha most part, I can't say too much for Peckerwood Trash like gaycd's bff

Sccit

i think the guy sounds like a bitchass dickhead, and if he replied like that 2 u givin him props face 2 face, u'd have every right 2 slap him sideways...

I used to think was mostly cool, but maybe NIK was right after all (and that shit hasn't happened alot historically on this forum). 

i'm right more often than you'd think bro...it just takes certain people time to catch on. i called shaq a bitch in '04; everyone hopped on the nuts for it and called me a bitter laker groupie. now he's writing books shitting on everyone he's ever encountered. i called kobe a champion in '05; everyone laughed and said he couldnt win without shaq. the guy recently took the Lakeshow to 3 consecutive finals, and back 2 back titles. i called lebron a choke-artist in '06; again, everyone hopped on the nuts and said i was hating cuz i'm "jealous". now, in 2011, he's coming off a Finals performance where jj barea outshined him. i told people that this cham character was the biggest faggot in the history of this site; once again, the validity of my analysis is only now starting to get recognized.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^LOL. Sandnigga.

teecee

Fuck, you throw NIK a bone and he goes OFF...you just like a love starved child!  Settle down...you get a partial win, but then take it too far.  Come on man, help yourself out!  Let dudes like Cham play themselves; you've been on this board as long as I have, and you should be past that type of shit homie.

Sccit

Fuck, you throw NIK a bone and he goes OFF...you just like a love starved child!  Settle down...you get a partial win, but then take it too far.  Come on man, help yourself out!  Let dudes like Cham play themselves; you've been on this board as long as I have, and you should be past that type of shit homie.

lol...just sayin.

teecee

And Cham, now that you are as bad as 7even using the word "nigga", I can't take anything you say seriously.  I used to think was mostly cool, but maybe NIK was right after all (and that shit hasn't happened alot historically on this forum).  YOu say you say the word because of the reaction it causes...that is the most childish shit ever.  Grow the fuck up

Well then why you catching feelings? That's FAR more childish than me exposing you for it; especially considering you're understanding my intention. Joke.

there are black dudes on here, I've got black friends, and it just makes you look dumb man.  You wouldn't say that shit around my black friends, I sure as hell know that, so don't say it on here, you should be better than that.  As it is, you are looking real foolish.  It isn't about me catching feelings, its just maybe I've been around a bit longer than you and had different experiences.  You don't need to say the word...you got more to offer.