Author Topic: Dr. Dre On Beats By Dre, Taking a Break From Music (Video)  (Read 1905 times)

Lunatic

Dr. Dre On Beats By Dre, Taking a Break From Music (Video)
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:39:44 PM »
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/11/14/dr-dre-on-beats-by-dre-taking-a-break-from-music-video/

While at the grand opening of the Beats By Dre store in SoHo, Dre chops it up with FADER about the success of his headphones, his past as an audio engineer and his edge over other producers, focusing on Slim the Mobster and Kendrick Lamar and taking a break from music. Wait… what? Man… Detox is never coming out.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

cyence

• 'G'
Re: Dr. Dre On Beats By Dre, Taking a Break From Music (Video)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »
lol @ anyone who ever thought this album was dropping. You will hear Detox tracks once Dre dies and the vault leaks

Okka

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:21:24 PM »
I think Jimmy Iovine wanted Dre to release "Detox" cause of money, but they gettin' hundreds of millions cause of "Beats By Dre", so there's no rush anymore.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 01:26:52 PM »
Thats gay.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
I think Jimmy Iovine wanted Dre to release "Detox" cause of money, but they gettin' hundreds of millions cause of "Beats By Dre", so there's no rush anymore.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Damú

• 'G'
  • What A Breakfast!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »
Fuck Dr. Dre. He's wack this days anyway, whatever...

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
Damn. Talk about conflictual statements. Snoop says the album is pretty much done. Xzibit says that the intro is done, which Dre usually does last. Kendrick says they are mixing the album. Dre says he's taking a break ?

It may be that he means he will take a break from music, once this album drops before getting back in and working with new artists... ?

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:57:21 PM by The Ultimate Pianist »

Mista Rosa

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »
Haha belle quenelle from the D.R.E

"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Hittman2001

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 01:55:35 PM »
My take is the album is done and we'll hear something soon

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 02:00:55 PM »
Did ya'll actually listen to what he said?

“These are the next two artists I’m working on, Slim Da Mobster and Kendrick Lamar. I think that’s when I’m gonna just wrap it up for a minute because I’ve been working on music for 27 years now and the longest I’ve ever been out of the studio in 27 years has been two weeks,”

“So yea I feel like I’m gonna take a little bit of a break. I’m never gonna stop music, it’s like air to me. So I’mma take a little bit of a break. Enjoy some time with the family til I get that itch to get back in.”

So once he finishes working with Slim and Kendrick he is gonna take a break, not before. So that'll give him a nother couple of years at least.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 02:18:34 PM »
My take is the album is done and we'll hear something soon
Did ya'll actually listen to what he said?

“These are the next two artists I’m working on, Slim Da Mobster and Kendrick Lamar. I think that’s when I’m gonna just wrap it up for a minute because I’ve been working on music for 27 years now and the longest I’ve ever been out of the studio in 27 years has been two weeks,”

“So yea I feel like I’m gonna take a little bit of a break. I’m never gonna stop music, it’s like air to me. So I’mma take a little bit of a break. Enjoy some time with the family til I get that itch to get back in.”

So once he finishes working with Slim and Kendrick he is gonna take a break, not before. So that'll give him a nother couple of years at least.

Yup y'all are probably right... with Xzibit, Snoop and Kendrick's statements in consideration,  all I can take away from it is that Detox is completed and... probably coming soon.  ;D

Matty

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 03:05:42 PM »
R.I.P. Detox :laugh:

who knows...

The Predator

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 03:34:25 PM »
Take a break?

''I aint that nigga always on vacation'' - Cube

Yes he was talking about you Dr Dre, Mr N.W.A., coming straight outta Compton, you better make way.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 04:11:25 PM »
You guys are way too hard on Dr Dre.
Scott, Just Blaze, DJ Khalil, and other producers are making the beats for Detox. Rappers such as Game, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop, etc are rapping on the album. Dre watches all of this go down, records an intro, goes to the gym and by the time it's time to drink a protein shake, he is tired as hell. Let him have a break ya'll.

The_Offence

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
GOOD!! now maybe you dick riding stans on here will SHUT THE FUCK UP! about detox.