Author Topic: Yelawolf - Radioactive (Discussion)  (Read 1561 times)

mc_clayton

• Lil Geezy
Re: Yelawolf - Radioactive (Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »
On first pass, this is HARD. Also, it doesn't sound like everything else out there. It's consistent and not just a collection of random tracks. Get it.  8)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »
Trunk Muzik sounded much better on first listen. The features are the worst part, except Rittz, Kid Rock and Killer Mike.

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 02:37:16 PM »
1. Radioactive Introduction - 4.5/5. This beat is so dope. Yela is flowing his ass off. This is basically a picture perfect intro. Beat knocks too.
2. Get Away - 4.25/5. Wow this beat is knocking from the start. Yela slays this too. Shawty Fatt is ok. Good to hear Mystikal lol.
3. Let's Roll - 4/5. This is a good collab. I'd imagine Kid Rock & Yelawolf to make a good record together and they did here.
4. Hard White - 5/5. This is too dope! Ill as fuck. This could be the return of Lil Jon! Yela a genius for working with him. This beat KNOCKS and fits Yela PERFECTLY.

5. Growin' up in the Gutter - 3.75/5. This beat is pretty crazy too. Truck knockin' music for real. The hook is odd but the story is dope. Happy to see Rittz on here.
6. Throw It Up - 3.75/5. This beat is dope! The hook is alright but Yela kills this. He sounds great over the beat. Eminem is pretty good too, but Yela is better on this.
7. Good Girl - 3.5/5. This beat has a west coast knock to it. Poo Bear is an underrated hook singer too. I ain't feelin' the track itself though. The beat/hook make it alright.
8.  Made in the U.S.A. - 3.5/5. This sounds back on track. The flow is nice. Woah, I can't mess with the hook though; sounds too poppy.

9. Animal - 3.75/5. Another poppy hook on a dope beat. Fefe Dobson, random as hell lol. And Yelawolf is all good to me on this; just the weird hook messes it up slightly.
10. Hardest Love Song in the World - 2.75/5. Similar to "Good Girl" but the hook/beat aren't as good. Not feeling it.
11. Write Your Name - 3/5. Again, what's with the white girl poppy hook? The JUSTICE LEAGUE beat is smooth. Once again, Yela sounds good but the hook is too ehh.
12. Everything I Love the Most - 3.25/5. The beat is decent, Yela always sounds good to me lol. This hook is ok, better than most. An alright cut. Nothing special.

13. Radio - 3/5. Yela trying to get his singing on but I ain't feelin it; the message itself is true though. But still, this isn't for me although it's not overly wack (the raps save it).
14. Slumerican Shitizen - 4.5/5. Rebel music right here. Beat has a rock bang to it, hook is ok (at least it ain't poppy lol). Yela is perfect for this & Mike
15. The Last Song - 4/5. This is cool, different vibe for Yela but it works. More mellow and very personal. It's a real good closer.

Overall this is a pretty good album, the first four tracks are the blueprint of what an entire Yelawolf album should sound like and had me expecting better things from this. Even tracks like "Animal" and "Made in the U.S.A" are dope as fuck minus the hooks. To be fair, the beats all over this album are ill and Yelawolf does his thing on every single track but some of the hooks just really hold those songs back from being GREAT.

It's still a pretty good release and you can tell Yela put way more time into this and took it more seriously than he took "Trunk Muzik" album. This has one sound, a very cohesive project.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

DreTendo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 02:39:34 PM »
Not sure how I feel about it after one listen, I found the first half incredible and the second half kinda weird, didn't like the R&B joints (I rarely do though) and the production has some country/rock vibes towards the end which I didn't dislike just probably need to give them a few more spins. Defo a good album though, best debut I've heard in a while,looking forward to bumpin this all week.

And for those saying they've never heard Yela, get Trunk muzic 0-60, a classic imo.

DreTendo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »
1. Radioactive Introduction - 4.5/5. This beat is so dope. Yela is flowing his ass off. This is basically a picture perfect intro. Beat knocks too.
2. Get Away - 4.25/5. Wow this beat is knocking from the start. Yela slays this too. Shawty Fatt is ok. Good to hear Mystikal lol.
3. Let's Roll - 4/5. This is a good collab. I'd imagine Kid Rock & Yelawolf to make a good record together and they did here.
4. Hard White - 5/5. This is too dope! Ill as fuck. This could be the return of Lil Jon! Yela a genius for working with him. This beat KNOCKS and fits Yela PERFECTLY.

5. Growin' up in the Gutter - 3.75/5. This beat is pretty crazy too. Truck knockin' music for real. The hook is odd but the story is dope. Happy to see Rittz on here.
6. Throw It Up - 3.75/5. This beat is dope! The hook is alright but Yela kills this. He sounds great over the beat. Eminem is pretty good too, but Yela is better on this.
7. Good Girl - 3.5/5. This beat has a west coast knock to it. Poo Bear is an underrated hook singer too. I ain't feelin' the track itself though. The beat/hook make it alright.
8.  Made in the U.S.A. - 3.5/5. This sounds back on track. The flow is nice. Woah, I can't mess with the hook though; sounds too poppy.

9. Animal - 3.75/5. Another poppy hook on a dope beat. Fefe Dobson, random as hell lol. And Yelawolf is all good to me on this; just the weird hook messes it up slightly.
10. Hardest Love Song in the World - 2.75/5. Similar to "Good Girl" but the hook/beat aren't as good. Not feeling it.
11. Write Your Name - 3/5. Again, what's with the white girl poppy hook? The JUSTICE LEAGUE beat is smooth. Once again, Yela sounds good but the hook is too ehh.
12. Everything I Love the Most - 3.25/5. The beat is decent, Yela always sounds good to me lol. This hook is ok, better than most. An alright cut. Nothing special.

13. Radio - 3/5. Yela trying to get his singing on but I ain't feelin it; the message itself is true though. But still, this isn't for me although it's not overly wack (the raps save it).
14. Slumerican Shitizen - 4.5/5. Rebel music right here. Beat has a rock bang to it, hook is ok (at least it ain't poppy lol). Yela is perfect for this & Mike
15. The Last Song - 4/5. This is cool, different vibe for Yela but it works. More mellow and very personal. It's a real good closer.

Overall this is a pretty good album, the first four tracks are the blueprint of what an entire Yelawolf album should sound like and had me expecting better things from this. Even tracks like "Animal" and "Made in the U.S.A" are dope as fuck minus the hooks. To be fair, the beats all over this album are ill and Yelawolf does his thing on every single track but some of the hooks just really hold those songs back from being GREAT.

It's still a pretty good release and you can tell Yela put way more time into this and took it more seriously than he took "Trunk Muzik" album. This has one sound, a very cohesive project.

Pretty much agree with all of this

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 08:51:13 PM »
His last album had some good songs.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:02:02 PM by K.Dub »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
DO  NOT ASK FOR LINKS, how hard can it be?

I haven't listened to any of his songs nor mixtapes, so this will be the first impression of him to me.

Thanks for contributing to the album discussion then, since you haven´t heard any song from the album nor Yela  ::)

??? What the? Where did that come from?
Oh, I don't see you contributing to the album discussion..

kemizt

Portugoal

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 07:43:01 AM »
I haven't listened to any of his songs nor mixtapes, so this will be the first impression of him to me.

Same here. I only know the music with Slaughterhouse.

Listened to the whole thing today... it's suprisingly nice! Some songs remind me of the old BTNH.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »

Pretty much agree with all of this

same, the first tracks are great, the album fall off right when gangsta boo stops rapping, eminem starts, then a bunch of songs with corny hooks. the song with killer mike was good. overall im disappointed but will bump the first half a few more times.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »
Excellent album. Gotta give it a few more spins before I can give my final thoughts. But a very, very good debut album!

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 11:39:48 AM »
after the 1st half of the album, it's GREAT!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 12:44:27 PM »
Nobody loves the shit after "Throw It Up"? Finally starts making dope rap songs & it isn't "Southern" enough, therefore we're calling it "poppy".

With that being said, this is one of my favorite albums this year. 8)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »
I'm buying this Tuesday.

Waiting to listen to an album until you bought it off the shelf>>>>>>>> illegal downloading

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 06:34:26 PM »
Nobody loves the shit after "Throw It Up"? Finally starts making dope rap songs & it isn't "Southern" enough, therefore we're calling it "poppy".

With that being said, this is one of my favorite albums this year. 8)

Is this a joke? Thought you hated Yelawolf...

midwestryder

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
I'm buying this Tuesday.

Waiting to listen to an album until you bought it off the shelf>>>>>>>> illegal downloading
you do know this album comes out monday Nov 21 not tuesday Nov 22 & so do alot of new albums because of thanksgiving & black friday . i totally agree with Waiting to listen to an album until you bought it off the shelf>>>>>>>> illegal downloading