Author Topic: Yelawolf - Radioactive (Discussion)  (Read 1555 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Yelawolf - Radioactive (Discussion)
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
^Tight as fuck.

S.J

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 12:14:23 PM »
It sounded good on first listen, though I think the middle of the album wasnt as good as the start and end
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »

I like it, sounds really polished and cohesive, surprising, but surprisingly for the better.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »
not as big album as i thought it would be, but its definitely better then i thought.
and it only gets better the more you listen

Lunatic

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2011, 11:42:47 PM »
really enjoyed another listen
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 01:13:12 AM »
really enjoyed another listen

Word, was on my third proper listen today and sounding better every time

rayallen0

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 01:39:49 AM »
the original tracklisting for this album had me fooled to believe it was going to be the best album of the year.  then he decides to change it all up and get rid of tech n9ne, big boi, and other quality rappers and replacing them with kid rock???  wow that was stupid.  this album has a couple good songs that keep it from being the biggest disappointment of the year.  instead of trying to improve on what made him popular, he decides to go soft.  this unfortunately has Shady Records written all over it, almost as if Yela is just rapping over unused songs that couldve been on Recovery

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2011, 07:59:32 PM »
Album starts really strong then the second half hits..,.. Lol. Some of these choruses are wretched. Trunk muzik>>>>>>>> this.

It's still decent, just wish the second half was as good as the first.The hook on made inthe USA is awful.

I'll give it a few more spins throughout the week only bumped it once so far.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:02:39 PM by Jaydc is back »

kuruptlon

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 07:01:14 AM »
the original tracklisting for this album had me fooled to believe it was going to be the best album of the year.  then he decides to change it all up and get rid of tech n9ne, big boi, and other quality rappers and replacing them with kid rock???  wow that was stupid.  this album has a couple good songs that keep it from being the biggest disappointment of the year.  instead of trying to improve on what made him popular, he decides to go soft.  this unfortunately has Shady Records written all over it, almost as if Yela is just rapping over unused songs that couldve been on Recovery

I get your point but I was surprised how good the Kid Rock song turned out.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 10:14:26 AM »
After a few more listens it's an odd, ultimately disappointing album. It's also very jarring and disjointed.

It feels like two distinctt albums combined into one compilation.

Tracks 1-6 feel like the album yelawolf wanted to make. Certainly the album I wanted and yelawolf fans wanted to hear. Hard hitting beats, yelas distinct raps and a step up in lyrics and content from previous work.

Then that eminem skit comes on. Its funny and feels like an admission before the rest of the rest of the album. " ok guys here's the songs my label made me make." with eminem playing the label head telling yela he needs a love song.

The rest of the album reminds me a ton lupes last album, lasers. Yela still brings it, but it's drowned out by poppy, soft hooks. Most of them cringe worthy.

I give the album a 6/10. Tracks 1-6 are a 10/10 for me.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2011, 10:28:39 PM »
was contemplating on if i was gunna buy it but when i saw it at target for 6.99 i thought why the fuck not...

after my first listen i like Get Away, Throw It Up, Good Girl & Everything I Love the Most.. ill have to give a few more spins and check out the bonus tracks.

JohnnyL

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 02:33:38 AM »
  Finally got to listen to the album.  Overall, I like it.  It's definitely not perfect, with the weakest songs showing up around the middle of the album.  I think the tracks toward the end, start to pick back up though, and the bonus tracks are actually good, imo.  With only one full listen through, I'm not sure that I could give the album a rating yet, but my overall first impression is mostly positive. 

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2011, 02:17:31 PM »
Could  have been better but overall im surprised how many of the tracks i like

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Matty

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »
good album but pop the trunk is still better than any of the tracks on here.