Author Topic: Why does Daz still promote his shit on this site, shit's sad foreal foreal  (Read 5157 times)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Why does Daz still promote his shit on this site, shit's sad foreal foreal
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 10:20:20 PM »
If someone like, say, Inspectah Deck (from a giant group on the east but much like Daz is not the most well known guy in the group), posted in an east coast forum, he'd be shown respect and people would actually enjoy the fact that they take their time to interact with fans

Inspectah Deck actually contributed something to hip hop. He has the best verses on a lot of Wu Tang joints while Daz ruined DPG songs with his rapping.

Pure ignorance. Daz didn't help make All Eyez On Me what it was? He didn't produce one of the best rap albums of all time with Dogg Food? He didn't outrap Kurupt on all Dogg Pound releases after Dogg Food? C'mon now.

I'd say Daz has contributed 10x more than Inspectah Deck has. All Deck is remembered for is the opening verse on "Triumph."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:22:02 PM by Enigma »

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 10:21:43 PM »
If someone like, say, Inspectah Deck (from a giant group on the east but much like Daz is not the most well known guy in the group), posted in an east coast forum, he'd be shown respect and people would actually enjoy the fact that they take their time to interact with fans

Inspectah Deck actually contributed something to hip hop. He has the best verses on a lot of Wu Tang joints while Daz ruined DPG songs with his rapping.
come on now daz contributed to hip hop. he rapped decent on dogg food and some of the 2pac beats he made are some of the most famous rap songs ever done. whether hes contributed in the last 10 years is a different story though

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 10:31:53 PM »

Pure ignorance. Daz didn't help make All Eyez On Me what it was? He didn't produce one of the best rap albums of all time with Dogg Food? He didn't outrap Kurupt on all Dogg Pound releases after Dogg Food? C'mon now.

If Daz outrapped Kurupt that's because Kurupt started absolutely sucking on the mic. There aren't even any worthwhile DPG albums after Dogg Food, so his half ass rapping outshining Kurupt's full ass rapping isn't an accomplishment.

I'd say Daz has contributed 10x more than Inspectah Deck has. All Deck is remembered for is the opening verse on "Triumph."

First of all, if that's the only INS verse you know you're ignorant and that must be the only Wu Tang song you know. Second, that's one more verse than Daz, who has zero memorable appearances.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 11:00:35 PM »

If Daz outrapped Kurupt that's because Kurupt started absolutely sucking on the mic. There aren't even any worthwhile DPG albums after Dogg Food, so his half ass rapping outshining Kurupt's full ass rapping isn't an accomplishment.

First of all, if that's the only INS verse you know you're ignorant and that must be the only Wu Tang song you know. Second, that's one more verse than Daz, who has zero memorable appearances.

Let me ask you, did you actually hear any Dogg Pound album after Dogg Food? You really wanna sit here and say Dillinger and Young Gotti aint worthwhile? Have you listened to any Daz album for that matter?

And bro I have the whole Wu discography - don't question my hip hop. Even bought Iron Flag and The W.

Common music fan, even your typical rap fan, knows who Daz is but might not know who Deck is.

Will_B

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 11:21:38 PM »
This is the same as Infinites 'why doesn't that magazine guy respond to my Facebook posts' thread.

C'mon radio, step your man game up.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 11:32:38 PM »
You guys are all fucking ungrateful idiots.

You have a true pioneer and legend, one of the best producers of the 90's and early 2000's in the rap game posting on the same forum that you guys do, actually communicating with fans, and all you guys do is talk shit and diss him relentlessly.

Another reason why the West is stuck in the position it's in - it's not just the music, it's the fucking idiots who are "fans" of the music. Shit pisses me off.

From what I saw, people weren't going out of there way to diss him, he used to just come in threads sounding pissed off typing in all caps. That's not interacting. Sure it's cool that he posts songs from time to time, but the fact that he rips into fans for just having an opinion while sounding ignorant as fuck at the same time doesn't really make me respect the guy a whole lot.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 11:37:47 PM »
i hope he keeps posting when his albums are gonna come out and how to get them, cuz i know of no where else to find out. i STILL BUY DPG/DAZ CDS (i will not buy digital tho)

Eddz

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 01:52:57 AM »
You guys are all fucking ungrateful idiots.

You have a true pioneer and legend, one of the best producers of the 90's and early 2000's in the rap game posting on the same forum that you guys do, actually communicating with fans, and all you guys do is talk shit and diss him relentlessly.

Another reason why the West is stuck in the position it's in - it's not just the music, it's the fucking idiots who are "fans" of the music. Shit pisses me off.

I agree 100%. Why bother coming to a West-coast forum if you are going to hate on a West-coast legend.

bouli77

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 02:01:07 AM »
All egotism aside, Radiotube has a point. DPG is boring as fuck nowadays and Daz is always doing the same verse over and over. I mean he has 3 types of verses really, the "crippin'" verse, the "legend" verse where he brags about his past accomplishments (the chronic, doggystyle, dogg food, check his song with Freddie Gibbs), and the "nonsensical" verse where he just says random shit. That's why i've more or less stopped checking for Daz's shit. He sounds like a retarded teenager lol. That being said, he still comes up with decent productions (with his co-producers) at least and there's something about his flow that makes him entertaining in spite of all the retarded shit he says lol. Like Spice 2 said with DJ Quik, he makes bumpable music. Music to ride to without paying attention to song structure, rhyme scheme and subject matter lol.

Spice 2 is reaching a bit. Daz never shined on the mic but never really ruined any song. I'd say Kurupt has ruined far more songs despite being a far better rapper. The only song Daz "ruined" was I Got My Mind made Up where his verse isn't all that and we can barely hear his voice. Also Dillinger & Young Gotti is a very good album (personal classic to me) and is definitely worthwhile checking just for the Mike Dean instrumentation & the Daz/Kurupt chemistry.

On a more positive note, according to Daz's twitter, he's hooking up with the likes of 8Ball, Curren$y, Layzie Bone, or Z-Ro to do music, that should be interesting.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 02:26:00 AM »
hes also doing a song wit Kendrik Lamar  8)

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 02:57:49 AM »
Daz is the only rapper from the Dogg Pound, who managd to evolve. Kurupt n Snoop fell off so bad (altho Kurupt can still be very sharp wit his pencil n lyrics, dependin on the mood n inspiration obviously), but Daz stepped up his craft as an artist/Pefromer,
he was terrible on the mic back in the early Death Row-days. "nuthin but a g thang (freestyle mix)", "got my mind made up", "iniated" (list goes on),, :puke: but today he performs better than Kurupt n Snoop most of the times on their songs together (especially when hes wit Snoop). he is polishin his vocals, punchin in wit adlibs n layers, a very poignant n energetic presence (while kurupt slurs like a depressed alcoholic)
his pengame is still the same tho -- but ur not supposed to focus on his lyrics, just roll wit the flow n take it for what it is. ignorant/fun braindead gangsta shit - "D.A.Z." was a great album, n probly the best Dpg-release in yrs (along wit the latest Soopafly-album)

i do agree, that the subject matter tends to become VERY, very repititive in his case, n he should take a vacation n let some inspirational air soothe his clouded neanderthal-brain. hes old, clockin in at 40

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:17:51 AM by Michael Madsen »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 03:03:33 AM »
hes also doing a song wit Kendrik Lamar  8)

Where'd you hear that? That's dope news  8)

Seriously though there's many butt hurt haters on this forum, people have gotta have better shit to focus their energy on. People saying he saying he hasn't contributed anything to hip hip are reaching. Duke produced "Ambitionz Az A Ridah" among a bunch of other classics.

I've seen both Deck and Daz live and Daz had more energy and better stage presence, although Deck was dope as well. Wierd comparison though, if anyone you'd compare him to Havoc

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 03:10:35 AM »
yea, but Daz hasnt really contributed wit anythin remarkable/worthy-of-mention to HipHop since the golden era (nor has Inspectah Deck, for that matter)

"All Eyez On Me" album was like 14 or 15 yrs ago,,,,

altho he did establish the independent game in L.A. (he took the game from JT Bigga Figga and D-Shot out in the Bay, n ran wit it)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:21:09 AM by Michael Madsen »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 03:20:18 AM »
like son, why is this nigga postin shit on here like niggaz care if it's a Daz solo project.  who's he tryna reach or talk to on here, what fan base is he reaching?  last time i checked Daz was only good in tha hood and with 3 people on dubcc who aren't in charge of what goes on on this site.  

like he'll never talk to me or anybody else that ain't from Overseas but yet this nigga will come on will here speaking in code with absolutely NO type of Translation Sheet/Legend whatsoever and then expect us to care or support it or at the very least talk about it.  like son, give up, nobody cares anymore, you're way past your prime.  I'm 1 of the only people (if not the only person) whose never talked shit to tha guy but the only thing i got outta this nigga was "your over analyzing the song", which was odd becuz nothing in that sentence was misspelled other than the word "your".

bottom line is, why is this funky ass nigga still commanding props and love when he doesn't show luv back to tha SAME NIGGAZ who grew up listening to his music and none of the shit he drops is ever relevant to today whatsoever (not even in a "Retro" sense).  I'm just tryna figure out why he's pandering to 1 or 2 white people overseas who've never been to America (except for maybe once) and he's dissing NIGGAZ he helped "grow".  and then what makes it worse is tha type of music this guy releases, like son you stay baggin on Dre for "stealing your beats" but hardly anything u ever come out with is something to keep on a hard drive or make me wanna go out and by your CD.  

once again another black american has fucked up.  thank god Daz don't speak for my people anymore. 

Daz, he'll fuck u up

:laugh:

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 03:26:31 AM »
Daz is the only rapper from the Dogg Pound, who managd to evolve.

Rotff!  Fuck outta here Mike, that shit is the complete opposite.