Author Topic: Lil Eazy E is more talented than his pops  (Read 2494 times)

Will_B

Re: Lil Eazy E is more talented than his pops
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2011, 02:41:10 PM »
besides, i dont even look at  "being a good performer" as talent at all (unless these fuckin guys are actually dancing) ------->>> its just charisma, and presence.

Your thread failed, badly Mike (stop tryin to jock Radiotubes style anyway) but this point you made^^

We all know Will Smith got "charisma, and presence." ... so by rights he's just the same as Eazy-E on the Mic?

Wrong...and not even close.

no, hes not the same as Eazy.
he can rap as well, flow/he is talented. and he can perform his ass off, likeable like a muddafuca, plus he can bust moves n dance.
that was a bad comparison tho

How was it a bad comparison? You think Will Smith got the mic presence of Eazy-E?

Tell me you're joking..

comparin Will Smth wit Eazy E is retarded, cause the cloth is so diffrent.

Will Smith has a presence on the mic, yes.
what makes Eazy's presence on the mic any more superior?

cause he had a light n high pitched voice?
do u even kow what "presence" is..?

Do you?

You seem to think anyone with charisma (like a tv/movie star just to illustrate the point) can do what Eazy did just as well over the mic :eh:

I've always wondered why people listen to acts like Joe Budden...I guess some just don't get how stupid they actually sound on the mic..

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2011, 02:46:10 PM »
the thing about eazy is he had vision.

thats a talent in itself.

^^^this

besides, i dont even look at  "being a good performer" as talent at all (unless these fuckin guys are actually dancing) ------->>> its just charisma, and presence.

Your thread failed, badly Mike (stop tryin to jock Radiotubes style anyway) but this point you made^^

We all know Will Smith got "charisma, and presence." ... so by rights he's just the same as Eazy-E on the Mic?

he can rap as well, flow/he is talented. and he can perform his ass off, likeable like a muddafuca, plus he can bust moves n dance.

How was it a bad comparison? You think Will Smith got the mic presence of Eazy-E?

Tell me you're joking..

Do you?

You seem to think anyone with charisma (like a tv/movie star just to illustrate the point) can do what Eazy did just as well over the mic :eh:

I've always wondered why people listen to acts like Joe Budden...I guess some just don't get how stupid they actually sound on the mic..

im not even goin to answer you.
William, u have over 3500 posts about Dogg Pound-related content on this forum.

u are not allowed to speak about music anywhere on this forum.  :grumpy:

yes, i know. this is rude, but also the truth
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:49:29 PM by Michael Madsen »

Will_B

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2011, 02:54:47 PM »
the thing about eazy is he had vision.

thats a talent in itself.

^^^this

Tell me you're joking..

Do you?

im not even goin to answer you.
William, u have over 3500 posts about Dogg Pound-related content on this forum.

u are not allowed to speak about music anywhere on this forum.  :grumpy:

yes, i know. this is rude, but also the truth

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

People will know the truth Mike. Don't go editing your posts now!

Nice try tho

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2011, 03:14:49 PM »

what do u mean "nice try"? its true..
ur knowledge in hiphop is limited to anecdotes and trivia about Snoop Dogg's asscrack and genetelia

ur "what is backpack-rap, guys?"-thread is still a personal classic to me
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:21:49 PM by Michael Madsen »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »

bouli77

« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2011, 01:41:16 AM »
tal·ent/ˈtalənt/
Noun:   

Natural aptitude or skill.
    A person or people possessing such aptitude or skill: "the talent in their Toledo clubhouse".

in this day n age, a performer is just a performer, recycling the shit bar-for-bar on a beat on stage( to make matters worse, alotta niggas is lipsycnin to they shit wit playback) ---->>
havin nice capabilites as a performer on stage, doesnt equal a valid point to "talent" from a general perspective, and defnitely not an important factor/element in the artistry of hip-hop today.
my earlier example wit Kool G Rap and MF Doom served a valid point. same thing wit Canibus and Kurupt, these dudes are extremely talented (Gotti fell off) wit their craft - but these dudes are horrible on stage.  

so the "performing"-shit means jack shit, and is not  "important" as u put it, François

real is real, just think about it tho   ;)

smiling/poignant social activity,,,, deeep democra ,,,,  and knowin when to look at the right n left camera etc etc, shit like taht

///and i could give a damn if "2 Unlimited" performs their classic songs n be good at it, they still not talented objectively.

if we look at a talent as a "Natural aptitude or skill.", performing and having presence is definitely a talent that is not given to everyone. from my first point in this thread i said in understood where you're coming from, i just don't agree with you.

Babe The Pig is charmin than a muddafuca, but he is not talented - hes just a charmin and cute pig. u feel me?

Abraham Lincoln was a good speaker, but i dont call it talent. hes just a good speaker. social capabilities i.e.

well in Babe's pig being charming is a talent I guess, but it doesn't have anything to do with being a rap artist. same for lincoln, being an eloquent orator is definitely a talent in itself, but again we were talkin about being a rap artist.

but I originally just wanted to say that Eazy-E may not be talented "like that" (as u put it) but he had other talents that showed in his raps = showmanship, presence, the ability to create the conditions to drop dope albums despite his somewhat limited skills, etc. and that is talent IMHO. I think Petey summed it up well.

"mike is right but the thing about eazy is he had vision.

thats a talent in itself."

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2011, 10:07:15 AM »
This. I've said before, he's more comparable to Suge Knight than he is to actual artists.
I wouldnt go that far. He's likeable enough to get the job done as a solo artist but he's basically a manufactured act in that people wrote all his songs and taught him how to rhyme and perform. But it's a weird precident in that the label didn't create him. He WAS the label. You really can't knock the hustle because he deserved every bit of credit he got in terms of being a pioneer but he had a fucking all-star team of music production backing him. And hey, he helped bring that together so why shouldn't he benefit? He was immensely limited as an artist but he had a vision and the drive to make it all happen and in the end, artists are a dime a dozen. Guys like Eazy-E are the ones who make the business go round.

How can you deny Suge WAS Death Row? He was running things. It's widely accepted that everyone there was his bitch.

You can't give Eazy any credit for any artistic talent. But give him all the credit for his business talent.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2011, 10:11:43 AM »
but I originally just wanted to say that Eazy-E may not be talented "like that" (as u put it) but he had other talents that showed in his raps = showmanship, presence, the ability to create the conditions to drop dope albums despite his somewhat limited skills, etc. and that is talent IMHO. I think Petey summed it up well.

Talent in business is a different thing than artistic talent. He had talent in the same way Suge Knight and Dame Dash did.

Sccit

« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
This. I've said before, he's more comparable to Suge Knight than he is to actual artists.
I wouldnt go that far. He's likeable enough to get the job done as a solo artist but he's basically a manufactured act in that people wrote all his songs and taught him how to rhyme and perform. But it's a weird precident in that the label didn't create him. He WAS the label. You really can't knock the hustle because he deserved every bit of credit he got in terms of being a pioneer but he had a fucking all-star team of music production backing him. And hey, he helped bring that together so why shouldn't he benefit? He was immensely limited as an artist but he had a vision and the drive to make it all happen and in the end, artists are a dime a dozen. Guys like Eazy-E are the ones who make the business go round.

How can you deny Suge WAS Death Row? He was running things. It's widely accepted that everyone there was his bitch.

You can't give Eazy any credit for any artistic talent. But give him all the credit for his business talent.

lmao...ur making it seem like suge coulda gotten behind the mic and captured the world the way eazy did. get the fuck out of here, with ur unintelligent bullshit.

bouli77

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »

Talent in business is a different thing than artistic talent. He had talent in the same way Suge Knight and Dame Dash did.

i hear you. but i think the ability to put together great tracks and make them entertaining despite limited technical skills is a talent beyond business acumen, don't you think ?

rayallen0

« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2011, 04:34:43 PM »

Tell me you're joking..

Do you?

They like a rapper you don't?!?! BURN EM!!!!!!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2011, 11:26:53 PM »

lmao...ur making it seem like suge coulda gotten behind the mic and captured the world the way eazy did. get the fuck out of here, with ur unintelligent bullshit.

With his artists making music for him and training him how to flow?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2011, 11:29:47 PM »

i hear you. but i think the ability to put together great tracks and make them entertaining despite limited technical skills is a talent beyond business acumen, don't you think ?

He wasn't the one who put the tracks together. And he wasn't the one who came up with the entertaining lyrics. The only thing that was his own was his high-pitched childlike voice.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2011, 12:59:27 AM »

He wasn't the one who put the tracks together. And he wasn't the one who came up with the entertaining lyrics. The only thing that was his own was his high-pitched childlike voice.
you're right about writing, but he did come with ideas (for NWA)

Sccit

« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2011, 01:11:58 AM »

With his artists making music for him and training him how to flow?

it doesnt work like that...rappers have been in the game for years and can never even come close to sounding as crispy as eazy on the mic. u cant just take any random person and teach them to flow. u either have it or u don't...eazy had it. suge didn't. the comparison is retarded as fuc.