Author Topic: Lil Eazy E is more talented than his pops  (Read 2486 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Lil Eazy E is more talented than his pops
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2011, 10:42:29 AM »
bouli77,
Eazy E is not anythin like Rick Rubin. excuse my french, but that comment was extremely retarded. 

the only simliarity i can c, is his entrepreneurship when it comes to his business n pimpin the heyday of the musicbizz on his own terms,,,,, but as a creative force in artistry dude will never be mentioned in the same sentance as Rubin.. not in a million years.. thats like comparin John Lennon wit Fred Durst   :)

----------------------------
Blue Magic, i got u. i  got u
i fucks wit Eazy, dont sweat it, his songs,everthin..
but this thread is more about pointin out that dude isn't the 8th wonder of the world, when it comes to talent. dont read into it  ;)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2011, 11:04:25 AM »
just finished watching the eazy e interview wit tarrie b. 91- 92 era he confirmed writing his rhymes.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
bouli77,
Eazy E is not anythin like Rick Rubin. excuse my french, but that comment was extremely retarded. 

the only simliarity i can c, is his entrepreneurship when it comes to his business n pimpin the heyday of the musicbizz on his own terms,,,,, but as a creative force in artistry dude will never be mentioned in the same sentance as Rubin.. not in a million years.. thats like comparin John Lennon wit Fred Durst   :)

lol yeah i must admit the comparison was far fetched... my point being is that Eazy occasionally added his input on songs and that he contributed to the "construction" of a song... i said Rick Rubin cause Rubin was all about vision but yeah obviously he was not in the same league as Rubin, not at all.

Will_B

« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
but this thread is more about pointin out that dude isn't the 8th wonder of the world, when it comes to talent. dont read into it  ;)

Because you saw him getting so much love on the forum?

Sccit

« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2011, 12:51:54 PM »
but I originally just wanted to say that Eazy-E may not be talented "like that" (as u put it) but he had other talents that showed in his raps = showmanship, presence, the ability to create the conditions to drop dope albums despite his somewhat limited skills, etc. and that is talent IMHO. I think Petey summed it up well.

Talent in business is a different thing than artistic talent. He had talent in the same way Suge Knight and Dame Dash did.

i hear you. but i think the ability to put together great tracks and make them entertaining despite limited technical skills is a talent beyond business acumen, don't you think ?

He wasn't the one who put the tracks together. And he wasn't the one who came up with the entertaining lyrics. The only thing that was his own was his high-pitched childlike voice.
you're right about writing, but he did come with ideas (for NWA)

You think Suge didn't come up with ideas for the direction of HIS label? Its known All Eyez On Me was made because Suge wanted Pac to make a more commercially-oriented album. He wanted California Love for Pac. He wanted Pac and Snoop to collab on a song. In fact he probably came up with more ideas than Eazy because Suge tended to get what he wanted.

u just loooove playin devils advocate, huh? even if ur argument makes absolutely no sense.....suge had no input on the musical aspect of things. i'm speakin on production. nwa would be in the studio, workin on a song, and eazy would have input regarding how the beat should sound, or where the vocals drop, etc. etc. he had input on the production side of things. suge didn't. the end.

as for his flow, eazy was great...the way he rode a beat was always on point. his timing on a beat was impeccable. duno how any1 can deny this.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
bouli77,

the only simliarity i can c, is his entrepreneurship when it comes to his business n pimpin the heyday of the musicbizz on his own terms,,,,, but as a creative force in artistry dude will never be mentioned in the same sentance as Rubin.. not in a million years.. thats like comparin John Lennon wit Fred Durst   :)

my point being is that Eazy occasionally added his input on songs and that he contributed to the "construction" of a song...

yea,
but i thought Dre did all of that.. the story wit Dre & Yella whoopin on his ass like a school-class session, durin the recording of "boyz n da hood".. he was like a puppet, n it took like 10 hours befor he nailed the verse. he had to record the song, "bar by bar", n punch the shit in   ???
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:57:05 PM by Michael Madsen »

Sccit

« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2011, 12:55:39 PM »
This. I've said before, he's more comparable to Suge Knight than he is to actual artists.
I wouldnt go that far. He's likeable enough to get the job done as a solo artist but he's basically a manufactured act in that people wrote all his songs and taught him how to rhyme and perform. But it's a weird precident in that the label didn't create him. He WAS the label. You really can't knock the hustle because he deserved every bit of credit he got in terms of being a pioneer but he had a fucking all-star team of music production backing him. And hey, he helped bring that together so why shouldn't he benefit? He was immensely limited as an artist but he had a vision and the drive to make it all happen and in the end, artists are a dime a dozen. Guys like Eazy-E are the ones who make the business go round.

How can you deny Suge WAS Death Row? He was running things. It's widely accepted that everyone there was his bitch.

You can't give Eazy any credit for any artistic talent. But give him all the credit for his business talent.

lmao...ur making it seem like suge coulda gotten behind the mic and captured the world the way eazy did. get the fuck out of here, with ur unintelligent bullshit.

With his artists making music for him and training him how to flow?

it doesnt work like that...rappers have been in the game for years and can never even come close to sounding as crispy as eazy on the mic. u cant just take any random person and teach them to flow. u either have it or u don't...eazy had it. suge didn't. the comparison is retarded as fuc.

Eazy crisp? He had one of the weakest flows in the game. And that was after being trained by the rest of N.W.A.
you crazy his flow was for from weak.

You're fucking crazy.

First off its fairly obvious the D.O.C. wrote this for him and showed him how to flow over it. But even trained he's talking more than rapping. If you think this is impressive you have no idea what flow is in the first place.

check the songs i posted

b.laden

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2011, 12:58:50 PM »
most people that dont recognize Ezay E talent  use the same old shitty argument
they dont recongnize hs talent  b/c he only talks  about fuckin hoes, sellin dope , violence in the hood ,money etc
(no socio political issues,  supposedly no matter...etc )  .. this people dont know shit about music , really .iam not going to explain why
ths thread is a failure
LMAO  at comparing the jew  rick rubin with Eazy E . public enemy, beasty boys, ll cool j created the spirit of  Def jam records  
not the fuckin jew and opportunist russell simmons,lyor cohen and rick rubin .
 mixin heavy metal or punk music  with rap aint a very original idea

Sccit

« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »
bouli77,

the only simliarity i can c, is his entrepreneurship when it comes to his business n pimpin the heyday of the musicbizz on his own terms,,,,, but as a creative force in artistry dude will never be mentioned in the same sentance as Rubin.. not in a million years.. thats like comparin John Lennon wit Fred Durst   :)

my point being is that Eazy occasionally added his input on songs and that he contributed to the "construction" of a song...

yea,
but i thought Dre did all of that.. the story wit Dre & Yella whoopin on his ass like a school-class session, durin the recording of "boyz n da hood".. he was like a puppet, n it took like 10 hours befor he nailed the verse. he had to record the song, "bar by bar", n punch the shit in   ???

in the beginning, yes...remember, they grew as a group together, and the more eazy got into the game, the more input he would have regarding production of the tracks. like i said, it's documented that eazy and dre bumped heads many times over creative differences.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
but I originally just wanted to say that Eazy-E may not be talented "like that" (as u put it) but he had other talents that showed in his raps = showmanship, presence, the ability to create the conditions to drop dope albums despite his somewhat limited skills, etc. and that is talent IMHO. I think Petey summed it up well.

Talent in business is a different thing than artistic talent. He had talent in the same way Suge Knight and Dame Dash did.

i hear you. but i think the ability to put together great tracks and make them entertaining despite limited technical skills is a talent beyond business acumen, don't you think ?

He wasn't the one who put the tracks together. And he wasn't the one who came up with the entertaining lyrics. The only thing that was his own was his high-pitched childlike voice.
you're right about writing, but he did come with ideas (for NWA)

You think Suge didn't come up with ideas for the direction of HIS label? Its known All Eyez On Me was made because Suge wanted Pac to make a more commercially-oriented album. He wanted California Love for Pac. He wanted Pac and Snoop to collab on a song. In fact he probably came up with more ideas than Eazy because Suge tended to get what he wanted.

u just loooove playin devils advocate, huh? even if ur argument makes absolutely no sense.....suge had no input on the musical aspect of things. i'm speakin on production. nwa would be in the studio, workin on a song, and eazy would have input regarding how the beat should sound, or where the vocals drop, etc. etc. he had input on the production side of things. suge didn't. the end.

as for his flow, eazy was great...the way he rode a beat was always on point. his timing on a beat was impeccable. duno how any1 can deny this.

bullshit, i can name a shitload of songs where it sounds like easy struggfles with the beat.

paperboy wrote some hits for him. (doo wah ditty)

eazys creative process was to have the song writer go in the booth and rap it then easy ghost rap over it memorizing the flow and dictation. this is undisputable fact.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:08:30 PM by PETEY the GREAT »

Sccit

« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2011, 10:13:49 PM »
^eazy got better with age...like classic material keeps pointing out, he got to a point in his career where he was writing most his own shit.

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »

fast forward to 6:55 mark.

can someone hook this Lil eazy e song up, i think its called street lights

this is the so far hands down the best lil e track i have heard to date. someone please hook this banger up if its even out.

lol damn yall totally ignored me on this, if no one has it does any one know how to rip this song ?