Author Topic: Lil Eazy E is more talented than his pops  (Read 2495 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: Lil Eazy E is more talented than his pops
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »
na, but fareal ---
exclude the legend/o.g.-status thing for a sec, n look at it from an objective standpoint --- Eazy was never talented as an artist or writer, but his son is

Difference between Eazy-E and his kids, which I don't think has been mentioned in this thread, was Eazy-E never wanted to be a rapper in the first place. Cube had written "Boyz n Da Hood" and tried to get several cats to rap it and Eazy had turned him down initially.

I'm not a Eazy E fan or think he was as great as some posters here think but this thread is coming from the same poster who said Mack 10 doesn't have a SINGLE dope solo song

90% of the posts on Dubcc  have been for shock value purposes only for a while ....

The Troll Squad has taken over

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2011, 12:59:53 AM »
his son will never reach the status of his father.... so who's more talented?

status doesnt necessirly equal talent.

Black Rob will never reach P Diddy's status, but he has more talent

Bizzy Bone/Kokane will never reach Eazy-E's statuts, but they have more talent

Lil' Eazy E will never reach Eazy-E's, but he has more talent

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:02:31 AM by Michael Madsen »

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2011, 01:29:33 AM »
what im sayin is, im not tellin you naysayers what to like or not like.
but this mentality that u goes have is just weird.
u guys r cleary mixin up great/classic songs wit talent.  
a euro-dance act from the early 90's like "2 Unlimited", have classic songs for days on their repertoire. but they sure as hell werent talented.
this example sums everythin up perfectly
i have dope/classic/enjoyable  Eazy-E, Biz Markie, P Diddy, Lil Jon and 2 Unlimited-songs on my iPod, but i would never in a million years call these dudes talented

im sayin Nicc/Blue Magic,
u need to re-evaluate the way u look at things,
 u clearly have some teenage-relationships wit some old ass classic Eazy-E songs, n its hinderin u to look at things objecitvely

or maybe im trippin,
but a far as im concerned - flow, lyrics, subject-matter are the basic cornerstones in evaluation of a talented hiphop-craftsman. (and not to mention - writing ur own shit).

this "he has a great voice/emotions/feelings"-crap is just some melodramatic bullshit
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:47:26 AM by Michael Madsen »

Will_B

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2011, 02:12:04 AM »
There are degrees of talent like there are degrees of perception of talent.

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2011, 02:39:52 AM »
what do u mean?
like a scale?

like Eazy is 25percent talented, and 2pac is 50percent talented?
i dont understand

Will_B

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2011, 02:47:49 AM »
what do u mean?
like a scale?

like Eazy is 25percent talented, and 2pac is 50percent talented?
i dont understand

Eazy was a talented performer. Some guys could do everything else but not be able to sell it on stage.

I could say Crooked is talentless as a writer coz his stuff is cheesy as fuck, you might still say he has talent because u like it.

Different person, different perception.

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2011, 02:53:51 AM »
yeah man, ur absolutely right.

this car is very talented in speed-racing, cause i think so

this man is very talented in marathon running, cause i think so

analogy =

this hiphop-artist  is very talented in rap, cause i think so

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:07:01 AM by Michael Madsen »

Will_B

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2011, 03:14:19 AM »
I said he was a talented performer.

Everything in your world is black and white...step out into the real world...

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2011, 03:22:57 AM »
relax, William

i know what u mean.

the argument wasn't his skills as a live-performer, however
----> "rapper"

a less talented hiphop-artist (rapper, lyricsit, song-writer) can be a talented performer - hes just performin his songs, Lil Jon is a great performer. very energetic

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:26:42 AM by Michael Madsen »

Portugoal

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2011, 03:31:20 AM »
I don't know if Lil Eazy was more talented than his father. They both never had much replay value to me.

The song Lil Eazy did with Bone shits on Eazy-E's entire discography though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LEoacmm9rE0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LEoacmm9rE0</a>

Quoted for truth.

Will_B

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2011, 03:43:15 AM »
relax, William

i know what u mean.

----> "rapper"

a less talented hiphop-artist (rapper, lyricsit, song-writer) can be a talented performer - hes just performin his songs, Lil Jon is a great performer. very energetic

Ok but Lil Eazy is average at best, even by 2011 standards. Eazy E was just as good a rapper as say Dre...they share similar career traits in fact

bouli77

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2011, 04:23:42 AM »
----> "rapper"

performing is also a sizeable part of being a hip-hop artist. rocking crowds is one of the most important elements of hip-hop. so being a talented performer is part of being a talented rapper and should be taken into account as much as, say, being a talented lyricist. I wouldn't dare say that Eazy-E was a great rapper, hell as Classic Material pointed out he only did it to fill a void but in the end he got the job done and his music sure wasn't worthless. so Lil Eazy E may be a better rapper than his father but does it make Lil Eazy E's music better and more relevant than that of E's ? I don't know.

b.laden

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2011, 07:19:48 AM »
simple lyrics doesn't mean wack ! hell no ;
blues, funk, hip hop, rock  have a simple structure , its popular music
a lot of rappers use complicated lyrics but the final song is wack !
Eazy E got a dope flow and an extraordinary presence and that's the most important in art
. he probably didnt work his flow cause he sounded  very natural ..a  genius    (A strong natural talent, aptitude, or inclination)

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »
----> "rapper"

performing is also a sizeable part of being a hip-hop artist. rocking crowds is one of the most important elements of hip-hop. so being a talented performer is part of being a talented rapper and should be taken into account as much as, say, being a talented lyricist. I wouldn't dare say that Eazy-E was a great rapper, hell as Classic Material pointed out he only did it to fill a void but in the end he got the job done and his music sure wasn't worthless. so Lil Eazy E may be a better rapper than his father but does it make Lil Eazy E's music better and more relevant than that of E's ? I don't know.

no it doesnt, performing is just charisma/presence, nothin to do wit talent
performing is delivering ur bars to music on stage, or lipsyncing to ur music.  dont gimme that  "Master of the crowd/ceremonies" crap.
 MF Doom and Kool G Rap
 are some of the most skilled lyricists/rappers ever, and they couldnt rock  shows even if they life depended on it
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:19:30 AM by Michael Madsen »

bouli77

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2011, 10:29:24 AM »
----> "rapper"

no it doesnt, performing is just charisma/presence, nothin to do wit talent
performing is delivering ur bars to music on stage, or lipsyncing to ur music.  dont gimme that  "Master of the crowd/ceremonies" crap.
 MF Doom and Kool G Rap
 are some of the most skilled lyricists/rappers ever, and they couldnt rock  shows even if they life depended on it

tal·ent/ˈtalənt/
Noun:   

Natural aptitude or skill.
    A person or people possessing such aptitude or skill: "the talent in their Toledo clubhouse".

performing, whether in the studio or on stage, is an important part of being a rapper. performing is a talent, just like songwriting is. there are good rappers that are poor performers, just like there are goods rappers that are poor lyricists. i don't know for other people, but to me, flowing is a part of performing, even if you don't have to have necessarily a good flow to be a good performer (you can make up for your lack of flow with others assets like charisma or presence).