Author Topic: Lil Eazy E is more talented than his pops  (Read 2485 times)

b.laden

Re: Lil Eazy E is more talented than his pops
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2011, 12:26:44 PM »
^^ yes !
and the presence is the most important and probably the most complicated because you cant really teach it
presence is the alchimy  between form (flow etc..) and content (lyrics ..)

Sccit

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2011, 12:41:24 PM »

Sccit

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »
relax, William

i know what u mean.

the argument wasn't his skills as a live-performer, however
----> "rapper"

a less talented hiphop-artist (rapper, lyricsit, song-writer) can be a talented performer - hes just performin his songs, Lil Jon is a great performer. very energetic

as someone who raps and deals with countless rappers daily, lemme tell u, what u dont understand is that having the mic-presence of an eazy-e takes MAD talent....more talent than anything i've heard out of Lil Eazy. thats where ur trippin. breath-control, ups and downs, passion, FLOW...these all factor into the word TALENT. so Lil E being a monotone rapper who cannot deliver on the mic at the same level of his father has to do with TALENT.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2011, 12:53:58 PM »
what im sayin is, im not tellin you naysayers what to like or not like.
but this mentality that u goes have is just weird.
u guys r cleary mixin up great/classic songs wit talent.  
a euro-dance act from the early 90's like "2 Unlimited", have classic songs for days on their repertoire. but they sure as hell werent talented.
this example sums everythin up perfectly
i have dope/classic/enjoyable  Eazy-E, Biz Markie, P Diddy, Lil Jon and 2 Unlimited-songs on my iPod, but i would never in a million years call these dudes talented

im sayin Nicc/Blue Magic,
u need to re-evaluate the way u look at things,
 u clearly have some teenage-relationships wit some old ass classic Eazy-E songs, n its hinderin u to look at things objecitvely

or maybe im trippin,
but a far as im concerned - flow, lyrics, subject-matter are the basic cornerstones in evaluation of a talented hiphop-craftsman. (and not to mention - writing ur own shit).

this "he has a great voice/emotions/feelings"-crap is just some melodramatic bullshit
the man had talent. he was able to make millions of it and the talent of others also. he wrote the realest shit he ever wrote on 'tha muthaphukkin real' real introspective shit. even when niggas wrote for him it wasn't like that joint. you need to really sit and listen before you make such comments. how can you say the nigga ain't got no skills when he bombed on dre and snoop. remember your the same person who said mack 10 ain't got no dope shit. i don't believe you.  str.8 off tha streetz.... was a great album by the way and he wrote most of it. no talent huh ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2011, 01:00:36 PM »
I don't agree with you here, Mike. But something you said on the first page is why you can't bring original ideas like this around here.

You said "forget his legendary/O.G. status for a minute". Motherfuckers here have no idea how to do that. All caught up in nostalgia & looking back. Shit, Brian said he still lives in 1996 lmao.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »
meeeh...
 :grumpy:

this thread failed.
i can c dat now, wit all of these melodramatic 70's and 80's-babies wit teenage-relationships to "Real compton city g's" and the ruthless-days, ganging up on me

im not bashin on Eazy, i love some of the songs,, but im sayin hes not talented like taht.
not even taht, i was tryin to compare him to his son --> Lil' Eazy E.   that was the topic
like ChamClick said ---- >> you can't bring original ideas like this around here.

true, Lil Eazy aint got the same magnitude of a classic "song-catalogue" like his pops,, but if the kid was around and had neat Dre-production, n tailormade lyrics by the likes of Cube and Ren, back in the  Ruthless-days,,,, ---> im sure he could've pulled it off better than his pops (not even taht, he wouldve wrote his own shit, n make it better)

Blue Magic/Nicc, u guys are not stupid.
i've seen ur posts about hiphop in diffrent threads so i already know, but stop wit this crazy "he-has-a-great voice/presence/charimsa" bullshit for a second, n look at it from an objective standpoint and understand what im sayin instead - he wasn't that talented wit his craft as an hiphop-artist. feel me on that

----> "rapper"

a less talented hiphop-artist (rapper, lyricsit, song-writer) can be a talented performer - hes just performin his songs, Lil Jon is a great performer. very energetic

performing is also a sizeable part of being a hip-hop artist. rocking crowds is one of the most important elements of hip-hop. so being a talented performer is part of being a talented rapper and should be taken into account as much as, say, being a talented lyricist. I wouldn't dare say that Eazy-E was a great rapper, hell as Classic Material pointed out he only did it to fill a void but in the end he got the job done and his music sure wasn't worthless. so Lil Eazy E may be a better rapper than his father but does it make Lil Eazy E's music better and more relevant than that of E's ? I don't know.

no it doesnt, performing is just charisma/presence, nothin to do wit talent
performing is delivering ur bars to music on stage, or lipsyncing to ur music.  dont gimme that  "Master of the crowd/ceremonies" crap.
 MF Doom and Kool G Rap
 are some of the most skilled lyricists/rappers ever, and they couldnt rock  shows even if they life depended on it

tal·ent/ˈtalənt/
Noun:   

Natural aptitude or skill.
    A person or people possessing such aptitude or skill: "the talent in their Toledo clubhouse".

performing, whether in the studio or on stage, is an important part of being a rapper. performing is a talent, just like songwriting is. there are good rappers that are poor performers, just like there are goods rappers that are poor lyricists. i don't know for other people, but to me, flowing is a part of performing, even if you don't have to have necessarily a good flow to be a good performer (you can make up for your lack of flow with others assets like charisma or presence).

i understand your french mindframe to a certain extent,
but i still disagree wit you, François

back in the late 70's when hiphop was still a baby, Hip Hop was fractured on teh streets of NY. niggas didnt have no recording-studios, they were just performin the shit on-stage n on the streets..

hence, the word "master of teh crowd/ceremony", implyin the shit is a form of speech/peotry meant for live/open-mic performances.

in this day n age, a performer is just a performer, recycling the shit bar-for-bar on a beat on stage( to make matters worse, alotta niggas is lipsycnin to they shit wit playback) ---->>
havin nice capabilites as a performer on stage, doesnt equal a valid point to "talent" from a general perspective, and defnitely not an important factor/element in the artistry of hip-hop today.
my earlier example wit Kool G Rap and MF Doom served a valid point. same thing wit Canibus and Kurupt, these dudes are extremely talented (Gotti fell off) wit their craft - but these dudes are horrible on stage.  

so the "performing"-shit means jack shit, and is not  "important" as u put it, François

real is real, just think about it tho   ;)

besides, i dont even look at  "being a good performer" as talent at all (unless these fuckin guys are actually dancing) ------->>> its just charisma, and presence.
 smiling/poignant social activity,,,, deeep democra ,,,,  and knowin when to look at the right n left camera etc etc, shit like taht

Babe The Pig is charmin than a muddafuca, but he is not talented - hes just a charmin and cute pig. u feel me?

Abraham Lincoln was a good speaker, but i dont call it talent. hes just a good speaker. social capabilities i.e.

///and i could give a damn if "2 Unlimited" performs their classic songs n be good at it, they still not talented objectively.

Biz Markie did a classic song "Pickkin Boogers", shit is enjoyable to this day, n im sure he pulls off a nice live-rendition of the song when hes on stage as well,, but dude is still not talented objecitvely.
 ya dig?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:16:22 PM by Michael Madsen »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2011, 02:17:31 PM »
meeeh...
 :grumpy:

this thread failed.
i can c dat now, wit all of these melodramatic 70's and 80's-babies wit teenage-relationships to "Real compton city g's" and the ruthless-days, ganging up on me

im not bashin on Eazy, i love some of the songs,, but im sayin hes not talented like taht.
not even taht, i was tryin to compare him to his son --> Lil' Eazy E.   that was the topic
like ChamClick said ---- >> you can't bring original ideas like this around here.

true, Lil Eazy aint got the same magnitude of a classic "song-catalogue" like his pops,, but if the kid was around and had neat Dre-production, n tailormade lyrics by the likes of Cube and Ren, back in the  Ruthless-days,,,, ---> im sure he could've pulled it off better than his pops (not even taht, he wouldve wrote his own shit, n make it better)

Blue Magic/Nicc, u guys are not stupid.
i've seen ur posts about hiphop in diffrent threads so i already know, but stop wit this crazy "he-has-a-great voice/presence/charimsa" bullshit for a second, n look at it from an objective standpoint and understand what im sayin instead - he wasn't that talented wit his craft as an hiphop-artist. feel me on that

----> "rapper"

performing is also a sizeable part of being a hip-hop artist. rocking crowds is one of the most important elements of hip-hop. so being a talented performer is part of being a talented rapper and should be taken into account as much as, say, being a talented lyricist. I wouldn't dare say that Eazy-E was a great rapper, hell as Classic Material pointed out he only did it to fill a void but in the end he got the job done and his music sure wasn't worthless. so Lil Eazy E may be a better rapper than his father but does it make Lil Eazy E's music better and more relevant than that of E's ? I don't know.

no it doesnt, performing is just charisma/presence, nothin to do wit talent
performing is delivering ur bars to music on stage, or lipsyncing to ur music.  dont gimme that  "Master of the crowd/ceremonies" crap.
 MF Doom and Kool G Rap
 are some of the most skilled lyricists/rappers ever, and they couldnt rock  shows even if they life depended on it

tal·ent/ˈtalənt/
Noun:   

Natural aptitude or skill.
    A person or people possessing such aptitude or skill: "the talent in their Toledo clubhouse".

performing, whether in the studio or on stage, is an important part of being a rapper. performing is a talent, just like songwriting is. there are good rappers that are poor performers, just like there are goods rappers that are poor lyricists. i don't know for other people, but to me, flowing is a part of performing, even if you don't have to have necessarily a good flow to be a good performer (you can make up for your lack of flow with others assets like charisma or presence).

i understand your french mindframe to a certain extent,
but i still disagree wit you, François

back in the late 70's when hiphop was still a baby, Hip Hop was fractured on teh streets of NY. niggas didnt have no recording-studios, they were just performin the shit on-stage n on the streets..

hence, the word "master of teh crowd/ceremony", implyin the shit is a form of speech/peotry meant for live/open-mic performances.

in this day n age, a performer is just a performer, recycling the shit bar-for-bar on a beat on stage( to make matters worse, alotta niggas is lipsycnin to they shit wit playback) ---->>
havin nice capabilites as a performer on stage, doesnt equal a valid point to "talent" from a general perspective, and defnitely not an important factor/element in the artistry of hip-hop today.
my earlier example wit Kool G Rap and MF Doom served a valid point. same thing wit Canibus and Kurupt, these dudes are extremely talented (Gotti fell off) wit their craft - but these dudes are horrible on stage.  

so the "performing"-shit means jack shit, and is not  "important" as u put it, François

real is real, just think about it tho

besides, i dont even look at  "being a good performer" as talent at all (unless these fuckin guys are actually dancing) ------->>> its just charisma, and presence.
 smiling/poignant social activity,,,, deeep democra ,,,,  and knowin when to look at the right n left camera etc etc, shit like taht

Babe The Pig is charmin than a muddafuca, but he is not talented - hes just a charmin and cute pig

Abraham Lincoln was a good speaker, but i dont call it talent. hes just a good speaker. social capabilities i.e.

///and i could give a damn if "2 Unlimited" performs their classic songs n be good at it, they still not talented objectively.

Biz Markie did a classic song "Pickkin Boogers", shit is enjoyable to this day, n im sure he pulls off a nice live-rendition of the song when hes on stage as well,, but dude is still not talented.
 ya dig?

eazy was dope and i don't care about his not being so lyrical at all he was a gangsta rapper and he delivered it well like no other and had flow like a muthafucka. he didn't intend on being a rapper as already mentioned but once he got the hang of it he got better in my opinion.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2011, 02:20:49 PM »
what do u mean?
like a scale?

like Eazy is 25percent talented, and 2pac is 50percent talented?
i dont understand
eazy was just as talented and he laid the foundation for someone like tupac to have a voice.

Will_B

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »

Your thread failed, badly Mike (stop tryin to jock Radiotubes style anyway) but this point you made^^

We all know Will Smith got "charisma, and presence." ... so by rights he's just the same as Eazy-E on the Mic?

Wrong...and not even close.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »
it takes a nation of wiggers to hold us back.

Sccit

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2011, 02:27:08 PM »
at the end of the day, eazy-e was more talented than any of his children....thats all there is to it. maybe he wasnt as talented a WRITER (which may be debatable), but as a RAPPER - the complete package (flow, voice, delivery, expression, mic-presence, passion, etc.), eazy is lightyears ahead of his children.

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2011, 02:28:23 PM »

Your thread failed, badly Mike (stop tryin to jock Radiotubes style anyway) but this point you made^^

We all know Will Smith got "charisma, and presence." ... so by rights he's just the same as Eazy-E on the Mic?

no, hes not the same as Eazy.
he can rap as well, flow/he is talented. and he can perform his ass off, likeable like a muddafuca, plus he can bust moves n dance.
that was a bad comparison tho

Radiotube is rambling in his threads (he a very funny/entertainin poster tho), i was tryin just tryin to expand this popular closeminded thinkin on this forum

and it failed

Will_B

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »

he can rap as well, flow/he is talented. and he can perform his ass off, likeable like a muddafuca, plus he can bust moves n dance.

How was it a bad comparison? You think Will Smith got the mic presence of Eazy-E?

Tell me you're joking..

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2011, 02:36:12 PM »

How was it a bad comparison? You think Will Smith got the mic presence of Eazy-E?

Tell me you're joking..

comparin Will Smth wit Eazy E is retarded, cause the cloth is so diffrent.

Will Smith has a presence on the mic, yes.
what makes Eazy's presence on the mic any more superior?

cause he had a light n high pitched voice?
do u even kow what "presence" is..?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2011, 02:38:24 PM »
mike is right but the thing about eazy is he had vision.

thats a talent in itself.

same with rza...if you know soul music like i do you recognize most of wutangs biggest hits are simply loops with a damn snare on it...not complicated stuff at all.

he experimented as he got into the game more but to this day his biggest records are just simply loops, from a technical standpoint its like "i could have done that"

no you couldnt have...it took some one to put it all together like a puzzle and thats what eazy did.

he knew where the pieces went.