Author Topic: Busta Rhymes signs to Cash Money Records  (Read 983 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Busta Rhymes signs to Cash Money Records
« on: November 17, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »

lets c how this turns out

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Busta Rhymes signs to Cash Money Records
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »
if the good doc couldn't do it it can't be done.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »
if the good doc couldn't do it it can't be done.

Do what?signing to aftermath hurt his career far more then it helped. He was a bigger star before he signed.

Anyway, this isn't surprising. Busta doesn't get enough respect in the game, he didn't make that one sure classic album but he's had a very solid,consistent discography and a very long career.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
seems like a weird move but im outta the loop

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Invincible

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
This better not affect the album he had coming already. Primo and Large Professor were going to be producing for him.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 06:16:51 PM »
Say hello to Busta Rhyme's new album, with an entire flow at 205 mph, saying absolutely nothing.

Invincible

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »
Say hello to Busta Rhyme's new album, with an entire flow at 205 mph, saying absolutely nothing.

I can see this too.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »

is that news?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 10:54:06 PM »
Do what?signing to aftermath hurt his career far more then it helped. He was a bigger star before he signed.
Not really. His career had gotten kind of stagnant at that point. Alligning with Dre had people talking again. It also gave him his first #1 album. It definitely didn't hurt his career.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »

is that news?

He's had verses, even songs where he flies through the whole thing. But recently, he's been making all his guest apperances that shit. Have people in the background making noise like he's "murking" shit, but in reality he's rhyming "Badaboom, badabing, I gotta do a lotta things" lol.

I can see a straight 17 songs in a row being like that lol.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 11:55:43 PM »
Not really. His career had gotten kind of stagnant at that point. Alligning with Dre had people talking again. It also gave him his first #1 album. It definitely didn't hurt his career.

Commercially he was huge before he signed with Aftermath, although to me Big Bang is his dopest album

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 11:58:03 PM »

How you debut on a chart is over rated. It always just depends on your competition that week. How was it stagnant? He was releasing a new solo album every 1-2 years, all with success. He released genesis in 2001 then it ain't safe no more in 2002. Both were successful sales wise, and spawned hit singles.I know what you want and make it clap were in heavy rotation. Sure, the dre signing made noise at first because it was two heavyweights aligning for an album. But busta was far from stagnant. Then the album took four years to hit shelves, the longest in between time in bustas solo career. All the momentum of his career was slowed to a crawl and he's never really recovered. I'd say signing to dre was the biggest mistake of his career. Big bang was also his lowest selling album up to that point. Until his next one of course.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 12:18:46 AM »

lets c how this turns out

what's up with this ?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=275156.0
Busta Rhymes is teaming up with Google Music for his new album which he will be releasing exclusively through them
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 01:19:03 AM »
Cash Money will release the album on Google Music and not on iTunes. Don't know how about hard copies, but I doubt theay won't make them.

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 01:28:35 AM »
I never thought Busta could make a worst album than Back on my BS ... doesn't seem that big of a stretch with this move