Author Topic: Busta Rhymes signs to Cash Money Records  (Read 984 times)

doggfather

Re: Busta Rhymes signs to Cash Money Records
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 02:37:54 AM »
What about NORE???

He is in Busta's label ain't he??
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

wardy

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 08:16:52 AM »
Rumours that Mystikal is about to join Cash Money too. They're like the Man City of hip hop signing every fucker goin.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 08:43:22 AM »
Birdman is flexin his muscles rite now. power moves

its an egocentrical thing that bosses do (look at 50 cent)
u can c how Birdman is leanin back in his chair feelin himself/all self-satisfied n shit,,, i dont think hes a good boss after all

signin alotta talent can help soldify ur label in the industry as a "forece to be reckoned wit", but nine outta ten -- if a label is oveflooded wit talent n diff acts, chances r some of the acts will get lost in the big Bermuda triangle.
look at Def Jam in the late 90's. they had 40 acts on the label at the same time (most of the former clients only have bad things to say, to this day)

the only label that had success wit millions of acts on the roster at the same time, was No Limit in the 90's -- cuz they had a perfect distriubtion deal wit Priority, and No Limit was like a new thing/a franchise at that time,,, so it worked
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:52:18 AM by Michael Madsen »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »

u can c how Birdman is leanin back in his chair feelin himself/all self-satisfied n shit,,, i dont think hes a good boss after all

signin alotta talent can help soldify ur label in the industry as a "forece to be reckoned wit", but nine outta ten -- if a label is oveflooded wit talent n diff acts, chances r some of the acts will get lost in the big Bermuda triangle.
look at Def Jam in the late 90's. they had 40 acts on the label at the same time (most of the former clients only have bad things to say, to this day)

the only label that had success wit millions of acts on the roster at the same time, was No Limit in the 90's -- cuz they had a perfect distriubtion deal wit Priority, and No Limit was like a new thing/a franchise at that time,,, so it worked

Are you saying No Limit had a lot of talent?

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »

you seriously never fucked with mystikal and tru?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »

Mystikal was probably the best rapper from No Limit. But he brought up No Limit as a label overflooded with talent. In reality it only had a couple standout acts and a lot of average to wack ones. A label can't be overflooded with talent if Silkk the Shocker is one of their stars.

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »
where did i say that the no-limit roster is talented?

stop reaching, spice.
ur attention seeking attempts are always weak

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 10:22:34 AM »

Mystikal was probably the best rapper from No Limit. But he brought up No Limit as a label overflooded with talent. In reality it only had a couple standout acts and a lot of average to wack ones. A label can't be overflooded with talent if Silkk the Shocker is one of their stars.

yeah but he talking about artists selling and putting out albums, instead of sitting in label-hell releasing nothing then getting released from contract. P put his folks ON

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »

yeah but he talking about artists selling and putting out albums, instead of sitting in label-hell releasing nothing then getting released from contract. P put his folks ON

One thing P did was make the label more important than the artist. Every album felt like a No Limit album, and its artists would be featured all over it with in-house production. I think that's why they were successful. You almost knew what you were getting with each album, no matter who's album it was.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »
where did i say that the no-limit roster is talented?

stop reaching, spice.
ur attention seeking attempts are always weak

"signin alotta talent can help soldify ur label in the industry as a "forece to be reckoned wit", but nine outta ten -- if a label is oveflooded wit talent n diff acts, chances r some of the acts will get lost in the big Bermuda triangle.

the only label that had success wit millions of acts on the roster at the same time, was No Limit in the 90's -- cuz they had a perfect distriubtion deal wit Priority, and No Limit was like a new thing/a franchise at that time,,, so it worked"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »
How you debut on a chart is over rated. It always just depends on your competition that week. How was it stagnant? He was releasing a new solo album every 1-2 years, all with success. He released genesis in 2001 then it ain't safe no more in 2002. Both were successful sales wise, and spawned hit singles.I know what you want and make it clap were in heavy rotation. Sure, the dre signing made noise at first because it was two heavyweights aligning for an album. But busta was far from stagnant. Then the album took four years to hit shelves, the longest in between time in bustas solo career. All the momentum of his career was slowed to a crawl and he's never really recovered. I'd say signing to dre was the biggest mistake of his career. Big bang was also his lowest selling album up to that point. Until his next one of course.
Big Bang outsold It Ain't Safe No More.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 11:39:10 AM »
Say hello to Busta Rhyme's new album, with an entire flow at 205 mph, saying absolutely nothing.

is that news?

He's had verses, even songs where he flies through the whole thing. But recently, he's been making all his guest apperances that shit. Have people in the background making noise like he's "murking" shit, but in reality he's rhyming "Badaboom, badabing, I gotta do a lotta things" lol.

I can see a straight 17 songs in a row being like that lol.

everytimeiseeitthenigottabeitthenigottagetitthenigottawinitovanovanagainnagain. Dudes be like Busta killed it I be like  :eh:
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 02:16:55 PM »
lmao, Spice

ur readin into shit too much, slow ur roll

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 02:24:11 PM »
Rumours that Mystikal is about to join Cash Money too.

Much more exiting news than Busta being signed IMO
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 03:17:14 PM »
This better not affect the album he had coming already. Primo and Large Professor were going to be producing for him.
that will not come out on cash money. you know this.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.