Author Topic: Busta Rhymes signs to Cash Money Records  (Read 979 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: Busta Rhymes signs to Cash Money Records
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
How you debut on a chart is over rated. It always just depends on your competition that week. How was it stagnant? He was releasing a new solo album every 1-2 years, all with success. He released genesis in 2001 then it ain't safe no more in 2002. Both were successful sales wise, and spawned hit singles.I know what you want and make it clap were in heavy rotation. Sure, the dre signing made noise at first because it was two heavyweights aligning for an album. But busta was far from stagnant. Then the album took four years to hit shelves, the longest in between time in bustas solo career. All the momentum of his career was slowed to a crawl and he's never really recovered. I'd say signing to dre was the biggest mistake of his career. Big bang was also his lowest selling album up to that point. Until his next one of course.
Big Bang outsold It Ain't Safe No More.

Proof?

bouli77

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 05:15:16 AM »
signing to Cash Money can be even worse than signing to Aftermath for your career. as Mike said, it's mostly an egotistical power move by Birdman (the Man City comparison is actually accurate except for the fact that Man City actually buys the cream of the crop whereas CMB also signed fading legends like DPG (well they didn't even sign or Teena Marie lol) but look at how many big name stars or upcoming artists with a buzz have signed to Cash Money over the recent years and their career have stalled or even worse they left the label without doing anything major. Bow Wow, Glasses Malone, TQ, Freeway.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 10:23:42 PM »
Freeway signed to Cash Money? Is this current? Last I checked he's signed to Rhymesayers (the muscle of the independent scene).

Omarion was a bust, Dogg Pound and Outlawz never worked out, TQ could have worked out but they fucked it up, Bow Wow isn't relevant.

Signing Mystikal would be dope, if he can still rap. He fits that image and their sound. They really should try to do that Hot Boys album while they're all still relatively young.

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 11:18:28 PM »
At least Bow Wow just put out a single with Wayne
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 05:41:46 AM »
I don't know if I agree with Cash Money being a poor career move. A lot of them guys have singles out. You have to understand that Wayne just dropped, so nobody is going to come out near him.

Plus Busta Rhymes automatically becomes the second biggest name on the label, even over Birdman lol. The rest of those guys you're talking about are nobody's.

bouli77

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 06:21:10 AM »
He's clearly the second biggest name on the label, but he's not at the peak of his career anymore, Busta's a vet and his momentum isn't all that as we speak. He might fall into oblivion with such a crowded roster. That's like Hammer signing to Death Row in 96.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 12:08:19 AM »
The cash money logo is still on drake and niki minajs albums, so clearly busta wouldn't be the second biggest name

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 12:35:13 PM »
lmao at u niggas saying busta 2nd biggest name on label like drake aint just put out an album

cash money aint the way to go...theres only 3 rappers on tht roster that there putting out

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 12:45:33 PM »
All I meant was he's a big name, established rapper. His deal with Aftermath went smoothly. It's only a bad idea to go to a major if you're up and coming. Joell Ortiz, Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont, etc. One you're established, it doesn't really matter.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
All I meant was he's a big name, established rapper. His deal with Aftermath went smoothly. It's only a bad idea to go to a major if you're up and coming. Joell Ortiz, Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont, etc. One you're established, it doesn't really matter.
rakim was well established

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 01:07:34 PM »
Bet you it will turn out better than when he signed to that lazy fuck who's only good for pushing headphones now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 01:08:57 PM »
rakim was well established

That was 2000-2003 & Eminem took over the Hip Hop world. Can't say I blame the label.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 01:45:19 PM »
Say hello to Busta Rhyme's new album, with an entire flow at 205 mph, saying absolutely nothing.

is that news?

He's had verses, even songs where he flies through the whole thing. But recently, he's been making all his guest apperances that shit. Have people in the background making noise like he's "murking" shit, but in reality he's rhyming "Badaboom, badabing, I gotta do a lotta things" lol.

I can see a straight 17 songs in a row being like that lol.

everytimeiseeitthenigottabeitthenigottagetitthenigottawinitovanovanagainnagain. Dudes be like Busta killed it I be like  :eh:
LOL.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »
Say hello to Busta Rhyme's new album, with an entire flow at 205 mph, saying absolutely nothing.

is that news?

He's had verses, even songs where he flies through the whole thing. But recently, he's been making all his guest apperances that shit. Have people in the background making noise like he's "murking" shit, but in reality he's rhyming "Badaboom, badabing, I gotta do a lotta things" lol.

I can see a straight 17 songs in a row being like that lol.

everytimeiseeitthenigottabeitthenigottagetitthenigottawinitovanovanagainnagain. Dudes be like Busta killed it I be like  :eh:

I know. People get lost in flows & stop listening to the words being said.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 02:15:04 AM »
Im happy for busta getting that paper.,EVEN THOUGH IT'S A VERY BAD MOVE..but tell me this..when did busta start yelling blood,and throwing up Bs and shit...now this is where busta loses some VET STRIPS..sad :grumpy:..