Author Topic: nelly vs drake (whats the difference?)  (Read 4845 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
nelly vs drake (whats the difference?)
« on: November 18, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »
my homie and i was talking about this the otherday and i wondered what yall thought...i dont see that theres a difference between what drakes doing now and the shit nelly did early 2000s but it was acceptable then becasue thats when half yall was getting your cherries popped lol i know some of yall wore grills and bandaids and all that shit some of yall probably got your first pairs of AF1s of the strength of that nelly song.

i think the hate for drake is more or less a reflection of how the older hip hop heads feel about the younger emo generation. alot of that music is nauseatingly soft, i cant sit through the whole "im proud of you" song shits just to sappy even for an r and b fan like me but i gotta give props where props is due...them dudes are starting a whole new soundcoming from toronto and now american producers are emulating it. (not sure if its good or bad)

the gothic chords over filtered drums is the signature toronto sound and the US hip hop scene is outsourcing like a motherfucker to get it, what im asking yall is how is the shit drakes doing different then what nelly or even a rapper like mase did? and them dudes went multi plat i know some of yall drake haters have them albums in your collection.

take care is still one of the best mainstream albums to drop this year.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: nelly vs drake (whats the difference?)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 01:19:45 PM »
wtf??? They sound nothing alike. What I tell you about posting high homie

Portugoal

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 01:20:03 PM »
I was a teenager when Nelly first came out. His music was the shit back in the day. Everybody was loving that laid back rap/singing style of his.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 01:55:06 PM »
dude one of the softest rap songs i ever heard in my life is that song he did with tim mcgraw.

shit is far worse then anything on drakes album.

what im getting at is that drake is this generations ll cool j type nigga and nelly was last generations.

cycles in hip hop repeat themselves.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 02:05:06 PM »
dude one of the softest rap songs i ever heard in my life is that song he did with tim mcgraw.

shit is far worse then anything on drakes album.

what im getting at is that drake is this generations ll cool j type nigga and nelly was last generations.

cycles in hip hop repeat themselves.

So one crossover country song he did makes him similar to Drake?  :loco:

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 02:15:10 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/v/thNQBGM-BB4&feature=youtube_gdata_player]

https://www.youtube.com/v/thNQBGM-BB4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Postin high ha

But nah Nelly and drake is not the same. And how is dude singing when he can't do it live?  Even Cassie say that off beige equal can't sing. I always said once this bitch half jew equal start talking that thug shit, respect lost. He Making his chipper jones tho can't deny that, but the softy you just sticc to pussy, that other talk nah,the pastor and Nelly did some things. You should compare drake to Brian Austin green, I know that equal wish he would have first dropped now.yell  
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 02:29:35 PM »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 02:31:36 PM »
dog look at the sweat suit album then that piece of shit album he did called brass knuckles then look at the shit nelly is doing now (the wack song with TI)

remember that queer ass song nelly did with shyheem or what ever that crooning dudes name was?

im not saying they sound the same im saying basically that he is this generations version of nelly....they approach all they shit from the same angle.

i had to google brain austin green thats actually a good comparison if you take out the success drakes had out of the equasion.

drake is a WAYYY better rapper then nelly ever was too.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »
i wont even front i was puffing a blunt as i made this thread spice knows my style.

rayallen0

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 02:36:57 PM »
Drake has deeper songs than nelly ever did...nellys shit was just rapping bout sterotypical love songs/breakups. drakes are actually self reflective and talk about whats actually going on in his life.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 02:45:39 PM »
i just hope drake dont start rapping with his fucking shirt off...

that shit is so sickening lol i think ive seen nellys nipples more then ive seen my own.

nohomo

and give drake props for not shoving his wack ass team down your throat like nelly did the st lunatics.

wackest niggas ever.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 02:53:35 PM »
Drake has deeper songs than nelly ever did...nellys shit was just rapping bout sterotypical love songs/breakups. drakes are actually self reflective and talk about whats actually going on in his life.

not sure if id say deep...he comes off as real self absorbed id like for him at some point in his career expand his topics to talk about more shit but he drops some ill liness every now and again...he had a few songs with some really dope bars on his new shit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 02:58:14 PM »
dog look at the sweat suit album then that piece of shit album he did called brass knuckles then look at the shit nelly is doing now (the wack song with TI)

remember that queer ass song nelly did with shyheem or what ever that crooning dudes name was?

im not saying they sound the same im saying basically that he is this generations version of nelly....they approach all they shit from the same angle.

i had to google brain austin green thats actually a good comparison if you take out the success drakes had out of the equasion.

You forget most of his music was that country grammar shit. Having a couple soft songs on a later album doesn't suddenly make him Drake. Drake's entire style is being soft. Nelly experimented with a couple songs. Just like Snoop did.

rayallen0

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 03:05:39 PM »

not sure if id say deep...he comes off as real self absorbed id like for him at some point in his career expand his topics to talk about more shit but he drops some ill liness every now and again...he had a few songs with some really dope bars on his new shit.
He raps about what he knows. tired or rappers trying to relate to shit they know nothing about.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 03:15:48 PM »

He raps about what he knows. tired or rappers trying to relate to shit they know nothing about.

thats actually the opposite of deep...shallow. i like a few of his shits but to say hes a deep lyricist is giving duke way too much credit. ppl compare his emo ness to pacs but when has drake made a record with a message or a universal truth in it?

...that aint happened yet. when it does it will be the turning point of his career.

You forget most of his music was that country grammar shit. Having a couple soft songs on a later album doesn't suddenly make him Drake. Drake's entire style is being soft. Nelly experimented with a couple songs. Just like Snoop did.

yeah i aint gonna front he did come out on some gangsta shit but he had them super poppy joints on his debut too. (must be the money)

remember nellys mananger was cudda love and cudda is also mases manager turning nelly into a sweetheart was always the plan...ive heard tracks they did pre universal and i shit you not  nellys rapping about guns and drugs and shit lol

that makes the comparison even more relevant becasue when drake first came out on his first cpl mixtapes he was rapping his ass off and way more lyrical he also had to cross over for success.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:18:51 PM by PETEY the GREAT »