Author Topic: nelly vs drake (whats the difference?)  (Read 4846 times)

Sccit

Re: nelly vs drake (whats the difference?)
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:36 AM »
petey is comin off like a huge closet drake fan in this thread. i'll tell u the similarities between nelly and drake...they both whack. why any1 above 12 year old teenage girls would bump that shit is beyond me.

also, k-os is dope.

i do like some of drakes music hes got a handful of cuts that go hard, im not one of those regressive fuckers stuck in the 90s i like to club every now and again and shit and they dont play necro in the club fam...i can remember some of the same people on here shitting on drake were loving some nelly just a few years back and i dont see a diff. both pop artists.
there is a lot of difference between nelly & drake . drake is pop artist & nelly is not . nelly is real & drake is fake as hell . nelly is from the hood . drake is from a stupid gay ass canadian teenager tv show . nellly had to work hard to get where he is unlike drake who already had fans from the tv show .nelly help start movement . drake did not start shit! nelly is better then drake in every way.

point is, nelly became a pop artist real quick.....even "country grammar" had a lot of popish tracks. the dude really did help turn rap into pop. whether he's from the streets or not is irrelevant, cuz he still made a lot of whack, watered down music.

rayallen0

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2011, 12:09:40 PM »
petey is comin off like a huge closet drake fan in this thread. i'll tell u the similarities between nelly and drake...they both whack. why any1 above 12 year old teenage girls would bump that shit is beyond me.

also, k-os is dope.

i do like some of drakes music hes got a handful of cuts that go hard, im not one of those regressive fuckers stuck in the 90s i like to club every now and again and shit and they dont play necro in the club fam...i can remember some of the same people on here shitting on drake were loving some nelly just a few years back and i dont see a diff. both pop artists.
there is a lot of difference between nelly & drake . drake is pop artist & nelly is not . nelly is real & drake is fake as hell . nelly is from the hood . drake is from a stupid gay ass canadian teenager tv show . nellly had to work hard to get where he is unlike drake who already had fans from the tv show .nelly help start movement . drake did not start shit! nelly is better then drake in every way.
lmfao. Drake is real. You have no clue what Real is. It is about being your self. not about being "hood". Nelly is obviously pop. you are an idiot. There is nothing wrong with being pop.

rayallen0

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2011, 12:12:08 PM »
man you guys are some close minded fools.

There is room for more than just "hard hip hop". If drake wants to rap about girls and break ups fine. If Cudi wants to rap about being a loner stoner fine.

not ever fucking rapper needs to talk about shooting people. That is why 99% of this rap game is fucked up, rappers are to afraid of being real so they act like they are from the streets and slang crack when they are from a nice household and probs have a different story to tell which would sound 100% better cuz its real.

Actavis

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2011, 12:31:10 PM »
I wouldn't say that drakes beats are the "toronto sound". They are the sound of Noah "40" whatever his last name is. There are lots of other rappers with a different sound doing different things.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »

also, k-os is dope.

12 year old teenage girls.

that totally makes sense!

?????????

LMAO double fail

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenager

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »
I wouldn't say that drakes beats are the "toronto sound". They are the sound of Noah "40" whatever his last name is. There are lots of other rappers with a different sound doing different things.

i think his last name is habib or akmed or some shit,i could show you the interview where 40 runs down the history of the sound but im too lazy...look on complex i think.

midwestdickryder- fam no one here is buying what your selling nelly was an abomination to rap music. and hes now on steroids and broke, sorry to break your heart durty.

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2011, 07:07:32 PM »

also, k-os is dope.

12 year old teenage girls.

that totally makes sense!

?????????

LMAO double fail

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenager

meant 2 put preteen, was faded

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2011, 07:22:55 PM »

also, k-os is dope.

lmfao. Drake is real. You have no clue what Real is. It is about being your self. not about being "hood". Nelly is obviously pop. you are an idiot. There is nothing wrong with being pop.

is that,the garbage axe murderer getting his ass kicc'd in yo avi?

but how is drake real and nelly not? i'm confused by that. nelly actually grew up and got involved with the activity wow wheel chair jimmy is an actor,and tho he puts out some of his real life, he's also the guy that says don't make him catch a body and he's a killer and sorry that ain't real. now if he was to say he cries when equals fucc his bitches,and since he's rich and famous now he can't believe someone on a lower level than him is still at times able to pull his hoes,and that if he knew who the woman's man was,he would tell on him if he seen him cheating,Now that would be hella believable and networth from drake. both make music on the pop side of things tho,and it's nothing wrong with that,but i still think Brian Austin Green is more comparable to drake yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2011, 07:52:44 PM »
nelly sold out drake bought what ever nelly was selling i guess.

rayallen0

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2011, 03:25:57 AM »

also, k-os is dope.

is that,the garbage axe murderer getting his ass kicc'd in yo avi?

but how is drake real and nelly not? i'm confused by that. nelly actually grew up and got involved with the activity wow wheel chair jimmy is an actor,and tho he puts out some of his real life, he's also the guy that says don't make him catch a body and he's a killer and sorry that ain't real. now if he was to say he cries when equals fucc his bitches,and since he's rich and famous now he can't believe someone on a lower level than him is still at times able to pull his hoes,and that if he knew who the woman's man was,he would tell on him if he seen him cheating,Now that would be hella believable and networth from drake. both make music on the pop side of things tho,and it's nothing wrong with that,but i still think Brian Austin Green is more comparable to drake yell
never said nelly wasn't. and the 8 year pride champion aint garbage but yes that was his first UFC/Pride fight ever. And Vitor Belfort did great.

Brian Austin Green made sterotypical white boy trying to be black dumb shit. Just cuz he acts doesnt make their music comparable...

I'm sure Drake can afford to hire someone to kill. LMAO at 99% of rappers using that terminology and you believing any of them when they say they would kill someone. I say i would kill someone all the time.

Drake & Nellys subject matter is much different tho. Both do have the sing songy rap style. Drake raps about shit most outer city people can relate to.

If you don't like Drake you don't like him. If you don't like Nelly you don't like him.

Do you dumbasses think complain about an artist will make someone think differently? All it will do is get you verbally feliation. From people who also for whatever reason want someone they don't know not to exist. You aren't changing anybodies mind all you are doing is stirring up your own ego.

If somebody enjoys an artist let them. I don't really like either. Drake>Nelly. All of drakes stuff i would give a 4/5. only country grammar for Nelly. guess what? if you like nelly and think he has classics. Good for you. That is what is so great about music, how subjective it is and how it connects to people. you take all the beauty out of music when you make it a factual science that you have to hate this artist and love that one.

V2DHeart

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2011, 06:23:19 AM »
I liked a few of Drakes songs like that Timbo produced song 'say somethin' the Swiz beats one, 'Brand New', and ..... Well that's pretty much it lol.

The guy is just utterly wack to me. He's over-hyped, over-talked out about, and sings over the worst type of beats there is in the Hip Hop genre. Those cheapy ass sounding claps, and electronic sounding drum samples freely downloaded from the web

He has potential to be average though IMO. He needs to work with producers that'll give him proper beats, even the ones like in Find your love. Those horrible empty electronic fruity loops beats, and auto-tune domination thing he has created him image for just doesn't do it for me

Nelly was alright. He done more of a variety, but he too like Drake was over-rated
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

midwestryder

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2011, 08:09:11 AM »

also, k-os is dope.

Drake is not real  anybody who is was not raised in the hood & is on a teenybober tv show is fake ass bitch in real life . i more clue what is real then you will even know . i raised in in a real hood called east st louis & that is real as it gets .drake & his generation are nothing but fakes .nellly is real as it gets. nellly never pretended to be something he was not .  nelly is not pop & LL cool j was never pop . because pop is not a a kind of music at all . pop means popular anyways . hip hop was never ment for anybody out of the hood .

midwestryder

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2011, 08:23:55 AM »

i think his last name is habib or akmed or some shit,i could show you the interview where 40 runs down the history of the sound but im too lazy...look on complex i think.

midwestdickryder- fam no one here is buying what your selling nelly was an abomination to rap music. and hes now on steroids and broke, sorry to break your heart durty.
they only dickryder i see is you petey . because you don't like the truth. nelly was never ever an abomination to rap music like gucci man,lil wayne, drake, birdshit,& wakka flocka . nelly showed you st louis & how we get down. i not selling anything ,idiot . i tell nothing but facts that you don't like . sorry to break you heart faggot but nelly is not steroids & not even close to being broke . see you just shows how of much of ignoratn closeminded person you are . nelly is rich as fuck & nelly is all natural .i should know i play nelly's softball team with him , faggot ass hater . you have no fucking about nelly or st louis at all. you never even been to great city of st louis . you not even an american at all .  nelly is so rich he had a gaint party after the cardinals won world series & all drinks were free & all cardinals showed up. nelly is still the king of st louis & sells out every concert in st louis .nelly right know is working on his new album with t.i., 8ball & mjg ,method man, & big K.r.i.t.. nelly & all st lunatics were hanging out backstage at smokers club tour & then we went to the club after & then to the studio .sorry to break you faggot ass heart ,derrty .  .this is how we spell in derrty in the lou
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:38:32 PM by midwestryder »

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2011, 10:39:57 AM »
^
why are u so bitter?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2011, 11:45:30 AM »
nelly is a gambling addict and a juice head and hes squandered all his lil money...i cant believe how close your talking all this to heart.

just because he sponsors your bay bros little league  team dont mean shit.

ashanti got harder sideburns then fiftycent....

anyways if you ride his dick as hard as you say you do then you know his manager already exposed him and ashanti wont even marry him now because he shrink his package injecting steroids into himself.