Author Topic: Why does Dubcc appeal to idiots so much?  (Read 804 times)

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
Why does Dubcc appeal to idiots so much?
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »
Some of you might remember me from when I used to post here quite often.

I registered with Dubcc in 2002. In the years following that moment, I've gone from a semi-regular poster to a near complete lurker, with the turning point probably being somewhere around 2006. My guess is I've made no more than 10 posts in the last 3 years or so, though I've kept lurking for westcoast hiphop-related news. Like I said, back before 2006 I posted quite regularly even if I already found the atmosphere around here  unpleasant on a regular basis and generally reason for several facepalms daily. By now, I find it hard to see this forum as anything else than the digital prowling grounds of young males, angry at the world and unhappy with their own life for whatever reason. Perhaps that is a common enough situation for internet forums, but I tend to think it is particularly extreme and obnoxious in here.

I stopped participating in any sort of discussions here because I felt that was a complete waste of time and energy. People here truly seem to be either angered or frightened by people not sharing their opinion and, to me at the very least, seem to have very limited mental abilities and to be unaware of that, be proud and agressive about it or both.
Nearly every one who posts in these forums displays himself (I won't even try to be politically correct and say 'herself' too, because I don't believe there is a single woman still activily posting in here) as a bigoted, dumb, frightened and insecure person. Just to name the examples of medieval characteristics of so many posters in here that I can come up with instantly:
- Racism (mostly against whites like myself)
- Misogynism
- Religiously inspired hate
- Homophobia
- Xenophobia
- Extreme conservatism
- Ascribing to conspiracy theories
- Fear of government
- Fear of science
- Also, my guess is that most American westcoast hiphop fans tend to be of the kind that considers education a bad thing and wallows in proud ignorance of anything beyond their most basic needs.
- And last but not least, the absurdly great levels to which devotion to artists is being taken.

I'd be the first to admit that, quite probably, I might be among the most leftist and liberal (as defined by American standards) people in here, but even then I can't help being appalled by nearly everything blurted out. I'm disgusted by it. Though it might in itself be a minor thing, I think it is a tell-tale sign of the overall level of the average poster in here that I, not even a native speaker of English, am among the few people who bothers to write and spell properly. In fact, I'd dare bet that quite a few people in here couldn't spell properly if their lifes depended on it.

But what I ponder is this: Does westcoast hiphop as a discussion subject attract a way above average number of idiots?
If so, why?

I have to admit that, as much as I like the sound of westcoast hiphop, its contents have grown all the more tribal, primal and even disturbing to me. Beyond that, there is also the extreme vapidness of hiphop-inspired culture. The rampant misogynism, laughably dumb 'tough' facial expressions, the pathetic hand signs, the clothing style, the shallow focus on such extremely ugly accessories as name chains, the useless and childish beefing...Suffice to say that I like westcoast hiphop sonically but have grown to intensely dislike much of the culture around it, fostering it and being encouraged by it.  

In fact, I do think I know the answer to the question I asked: Yes, westcoast hiphop does attract idiots and it does because the culture in itself is idiotic and backwards, with selfproclaimed alpha-males getting their selfworth from material things like jewelry, cars and clothes and from vapid activities like smoking weed. They are people who themselves are often internet idiots: typing nigh-unreadable sentences in caps lock, shouting, calling names and cursing like buffoons. There's nothing wrong with liking the music, but there is something wrong in taking people like that as an idol or an example for yourself.
Westcoast hiphop, I would say, suffers from this to a greater extent than various other kinds of hiphop do, because westcoast hiphop fans are generally among the most passionate and for that reason among the least forgiving, the most intolerant and perhaps the most unrealistic of all hiphop fans. This lack of a sense of realism in itself might be another sign of a general lack of brains.

I'm sure that (nearly) every reaction I might get to this post will prove the point I've made. I doubt that many of the people typing those replies will be aware of that, though.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Slee-Z

Re: Why does Dubcc appeal to idiots so much?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 02:54:57 PM »
Why don't you fuck off if you don't like it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »
But what I ponder is this: Does westcoast hiphop as a discussion subject attract a way above average number of idiots?
If so, why?
Ever listen to the lyrics and subject matter of westcoast hiphop? I think that should explain everything.

I got a question of my own: why is everyone complaining about how rude and idiotic people are on Dubcc? It really hasn't changed that much.

BTW, I remember you and you are a dope poster Z so I'm not asking that question in an attempt to attack you. I've just been seeing people complain about that a lot lately.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 03:24:14 PM »
Something I too have seen time and again on forums that you mention, mysogyinism and extreme reclsive conservatism hand in hand...."damn I'd fuck that bitch in the face etc.....but the slut probably has aids., ...women are all dirty, I don't even want a girlfriend"

I thought bout giving up posting a lot due to the high levels of hate and shit on here, but thought why the hell should I...I did wonder whether the nature of violent and generally immature content in hip-hop causes frustration and negative feelings in people. If I hear enough songs about Nines going Pow will the negativity manifest itself in other ways? When Gangsta rappers used to be interviewed about the reasons for aggressive topics I've seen several saying "the listener likes to get phsyched bout killin cops or whatever, it's a macho thing" but where is the outlet? Are these idiots online enjoying the escapism of rap, but using the forums to vent their frustrations? Probably not having much of a voice in real life.

The Internet is a funny thing, and whenever its being used for the benifit of sharing of knowledge, its only as strong as its weakest link.

Matty

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 03:44:07 PM »
from what i can tell its the same on most hip-hop boards. granted there are some exceptionally odd people that post on here. maybe i'm one of 'em :laugh: 8)

but there is this thing about americans/euros g-funk/non g-funk west coast music that causes all kinds of unnecessary hate and negativity on here. someone said this before, but it's obvious who is here to discuss and share music and who logs on just to start up pointless, petty arguments, provide commentaries on others opinions and boost their e-egos. it can't be healthy, but surely it doesn't reflect on what people are like in person, or does it?

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 03:44:48 PM »
Yo FUKK you HONKEY!!!!I'll slap yo craccer azz out ya heard mee!U sound like some Faggot or maybe a bitch cuz they about the same yaknowwhatimsayin!!!!!!!

Will_B

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »
but surely it doesn't reflect on what people are like in person, or does it?

Whether it does, or doesn't it's still bad :laugh:

Matty

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 03:54:39 PM »
but surely it doesn't reflect on what people are like in person, or does it?

Whether it does, or doesn't it's still bad :laugh:

well yeah, it's a waste of time, but i'm sure it provides a source of entertainment. i mean, the whole 'trollin' americans' vs 'repressed nerdy europeans' dynamic is funny but i came here primarily to discuss/share music, not get involved in pigeonholing people or figuring out their personalities to that extent.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 05:56:47 PM »
KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 06:09:03 PM »
Why don't you fuck off if you don't like it.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 07:48:56 PM »
I've seen quite a lot of racism against blacks here as well, but other than that I agree with a lot of what you said.

To answer your question: It's not just this forum, but most places across the internet. Ever read youtube comments? Some of the dumbest, most racist morons ever. Far worse than this board. The internet itself spawns so many idiots because of the anonymity of it. There are also a lot of trolls here who aren't even meant to be taken seriously.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »
The internet is a beautiful thing. It's public, but anonymity remains. I can call you a faggot nigger cunt and no one will do anything about it. It's almost like the wild west without a sheriff.

Enjoy it while you can because it probably won't be like this forever. It's unfortunate that people take it so seriously. I'm guilty of this too.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 08:12:37 PM »
The internet is a beautiful thing. It's public, but anonymity remains. I can call you a faggot nigger cunt and no one will do anything about it. It's almost like the wild west without a sheriff.

Enjoy it while you can because it probably won't be like this forever. It's unfortunate that people take it so seriously. I'm guilty of this too.

Shut your uncle Tom ass up

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »

Shut your uncle Tom ass up
faggot nigger cunt.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 10:18:03 PM »
look at this buckdancing, uncle tom.

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.