Author Topic: Interview w/ Diocese artist Dave NY (Bishop, Detox...etc) + Song ft. Bishop...  (Read 393 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
When former Aftermath artist Bishop Lamont released his acclaimed street album “The Shawshank Redemption/Angola 3” to the fans for free, they were very happy that the album contained the eagerly anticipated song “You Ain’t Fresh.” The intro to the song, however, contained vocals that pulled fans right into Bishop’s opening verse. Those vocals are from Diocese artist Dave New York, who is releasing the single to his album “Music is All That I Got” on Bishop’s own Diocese Records!

We had the opportunity to talk about his past, present, and future; including what we can expect from his album “I Gotta Story to Tell,” his relationships with Bishop Lamont and J Dilla, to name a few, and a secret to the song “You Ain’t Fresh” that holds a connection to Dr. Dre and Detox!

Check out our exclusive interview and the single with the man who puts the “muse” in music:

http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/2011/11/18/interview-with-daveny-track-with-bishop-lamont/

BiggBoogaBiff

35 views and no replies in a thread about Detox/Aftermath in a thread that's over 30 hours.  I think it's safe to say nobody cares anymore.  Dude was cool while he was here tho.  He's just like tha niggas he's tryna educate (ironic) all that preaching and nothing to show for it other than the times you've been attacked over the years.   

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
thanks. yeah i remember that bishop said that You ain't fresh would be on Detox.

so Rebel, are bishops upcoming mixtapes dropping next year as well?

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thanks. yeah i remember that bishop said that You ain't fresh would be on Detox.

All I know is that it'll be soon.

What are some of y'alls feedback on the song?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

All I know is that it'll be soon.

What are some of y'alls feedback on the song?
bishop is not lazy with the flow ;D

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^ good to see someone give some feedback on the new Hip Hop music as opposed to just checking this to see what's Dre/Detox related.

Respect

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just downloaded the single off Itunes, dope track, Bishop sounding good. So what does Dave actually do? Does he produce? Or just DJ Khaled shit up?

B.Lamont Fan

• Lil Geezy
very good single but "No Strugle No Glory" with The congregation is even better !!!

Bishop is back !!!  8)

Matty

great track 8)