Author Topic: Post up funny misconceptions you used to have about rappers when u were a kid  (Read 3044 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
-I used to think Snoop didn't really smoke weed.  Because I thought drugs were bad, and that Snoop was too smart to use drugs.  LOL

-I used to think Dr. Dre and Snoop were a real rap group, not seperate artists.  I thought they were in a group together, like Mob Deep or Outkast.  So when "Who Am I (What's My Name)" came out I was very confused.  I also couldn't understand why Snoop didn't rap more in the "Let Me Ride" video

-I used to think Snoop was actually featured on "Recognize" off Warren G's Regulate album.  I didn't know why it didn't say his name as an artist on the song.  I didn't understand the technique of producers sampling lines from other songs (DJ Premier style of chorus).

-I thought that Aaliyah's song "Back And Forth" was on the Above The Rim soundtrack just because they play basketball in the video.

-I didn't like Warren's Regulate album when I first bought it cause I thought it was too soft.

-I thought Snoop was a real pimp in real life, like he really had hoes and like the Dogg Pound were for real gangsta's that really went around shooting people.

-I thought Dr. Dre was a real killer, like that he had really killed a lot of people and was on the run from the law, mostly because of the "Rat-tat-tat-tat" off the Chronic album, I took that song literrally, LOL.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:32:44 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
i thought they were all real.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
i thought they were rich.
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

jeromechickenbone

I used to think it was just a coincidence that all popular music was misogynistic just because, rather than due to societal engineering.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

i used to think Evidence (dilated peoples) was black

MUHFUKKA

wow

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Okka

Another classic thread from Infinite.

rayallen0

not many of these are funny  ???

2euce 7even

-I thought Dr. Dre was a real killer, like that he had really killed a lot of people and was on the run from the law, mostly because of the "Rat-tat-tat-tat" off the Chronic album, I took that song literrally, LOL.
i thought dre was a g too.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
i thought dre was a g too.

Word... I took that line from "Rat-tat-tat-tat" literally where he's rappin about killing mutherfuckers and says, "I never did time on a murder yet/ I sit back do a job/ and jet".  I couldn't figure out why the cops didn't just arrest him at one of his shows or at one of his video shoots.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I used to think mainstream artists were the best rappers because they were the ones with the deal making money. Confused me when I started listening to underground acts that were miles ahead.

midwestryder

none of the above . i was not stupid .i was from real hood unlike most of you

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
none of the above . i was not stupid .i was from real hood unlike most of you

That's just blind ignorance. As a child you cannot physically understand things before explained to you. Meaning prior to learning you attempt to think for yourself & are 9/10 wrong.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
It's funny because Brian still has all these childish misconceptions and he's supposed to be an adult

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's funny because Brian still has all these childish misconceptions and he's supposed to be an adult

I found Brian funny because of that too, but more importantly, the man cannot physically make a thread that deals with material post-8 Mile. I swear, it's like the day after the 8 Mile Soundtrack came out until now just never happened.