Author Topic: Post up funny misconceptions you used to have about rappers when u were a kid  (Read 3057 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

I used to think Dre wrote his own rhymes and made his own beats.

Okka

I used to think Dre wrote his own rhymes and made his own beats.

I used to think that too.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
none of the above . i was not stupid .i was from real hood unlike most of you

LMAO :D

kemizt

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
I thought that artists rapping/singing on songs were making beats for their songs by themselves. Some confusing shit came out of it, lmao.

Young Old Head

i used to think that rappers were real close when they were featured on each others tracks *lol*

Cash Money Blood Gang

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
Used To Think Tupac Was Hiding On An Island Somewhere To Escape The Limelite!! lmfao

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this is not the case for myself, but some people seem to think Warren G's debut album and hit single was called "Regulators"...

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
I thought Snoop was from New York or the East at least cause he always shouted EASTSIIIIDE..

And I just didnt get why  ;D

Okka

this is not the case for myself, but some people seem to think Warren G's debut album and hit single was called "Regulators"...

Infinite still thinks like that.

-I used to think Snoop was actually featured on "Recognize" off Warren G's Regulators album.  I didn't know why it didn't say his name as an artist on the song.  I didn't understand the technique of producers sampling lines from other songs (DJ Premier style of chorus).

-I didn't like Warren's Regulators album when I first bought it cause I thought it was too soft.

NotoriousTDA

i used to think timbaland was nate dogg.

Invincible

Infinite still thinks like that.

-I used to think Snoop was actually featured on "Recognize" off Warren G's Regulators album.  I didn't know why it didn't say his name as an artist on the song.  I didn't understand the technique of producers sampling lines from other songs (DJ Premier style of chorus).

-I didn't like Warren's Regulators album when I first bought it cause I thought it was too soft.

:laugh:

BiggBoogaBiff

I used to think Dr Dre made the beat to "Nothin But Love" by 2pac on the "R U Still Down (Remember Me)" album until I read the credits.  I used to play that song in tha car and be like "Dad u hear Dre on them keys?" and then I'd pretend to play the notes.  To this day i still think he's talking about Dre and Snoop on the song.

Actually I thought the Death Row in-house producers (and Shock G) produced that whole album lol.  Ever since then I've been reading album credits.  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:22:30 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I use to think easy e was a talented mc "ignoring the fact that ice cube writes the rhymes that I say"

I use to wonder why mc lyte sounded masculine yet her brother milk d sounded like a bitch

Wondered did Compton residents view Tim dog's fucc Compton as a joke like I did.

Wondered why people succ'd so much west coast dicc in the mid 90's

I Wondered how the fucc could 2 groups from different coast, just happened to be comprised of members named "havoc and prodigy" 

I use to think heavy d was prince markie Dee from the fat boys

Remember the first time hearing ll cool j spitting "I'm so bad I can succ my own dicc", and thinking I can never be that bad lol
Yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
It's funny because Brian still has all these childish misconceptions and he's supposed to be an adult

I found Brian funny because of that too, but more importantly, the man cannot physically make a thread that deals with material post-8 Mile. I swear, it's like the day after the 8 Mile Soundtrack came out until now just never happened.

No, actually the cut off date is when Nas made it official with his - Hip-Hop Is Dead - album in late 06'.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I used to think the chorus to California Love went "California, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT" for the longest
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)